Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity > Genealogy

Genealogy Anything related to Genealogy.

Old 12-11-2007
Estudiante

Default Finding your local FHC

When doing genealogy, one of the best places to go is your local Family History Center which is usually located at your local Mormon church. They are usually pretty friendly there and you can rent films of various types of records for about 4 dollars or so. I have looked up many church records there. I highly recommend it.

http://www.genhomepage.com/FHC/

Also if you don't want to go there you can always get a membership at www.ancestry.com.

It may cost a little but is well worth it if you want to look up census records,Draft Cards for most of the wars and many other things. Another thing that is highly recommended as well.

EHP
Old 12-14-2007
Estudiante

Default Re: Finding your local FHC

Very true and it's great that you have more than one family member doing it because then you don't have the entire work load on yourself. The only key thing is to talk to each other about what you each have found so you can avoid mistakes. Plus you can get things done quicker too. Good to hear it. EHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
This is good info EHP..Me and my sister got our information going back to our great great grandparents...on both sides...were still growing and adding stuff...but yes we got the trial version..and used it to start off...
It important to know where we came from and keep the info for future generations......

Also there is a way to share info, photos, and stories from other family members...but we need to add them to the family tree..that is another good way to get other familymembers to add to it..even though they might not be close...for instance..my sister lives in Florida...I live in Texas...we both add to the tree with out any problems...It is cool when as many family members as possible can contribute..to the tree...from different parts of the country... The internet is awesome..=)