Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Veteranos' Corner

Veteranos' Corner A place for military veterans to talk about thier experiences, travels, or other military veteran related topics.

View Poll Results: Should Mexico contribute to the war in Iraq?
yes 4 17.39%
no 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2005
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme
so let the fox in the chicken coupe via the back door? that's fucking stupid.

granted the war in iraq is stupid, all war is, but mexico would be doing more of a diservice to itself by not tightening security on the borders or keeping a closer eye on internationally wanted criminals.

maybe it's just me but I'd like to have my back covered.

Very good point. I totaly agree.
Old 03-16-2005
Chicle

Mexico aint contributing shit. They gave 100,000 to the Tsunami relif.
Old 03-16-2005
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Because it isn't in a position to contribute shit! Let them take care of the corruption and let them begin to tax the super-wealthy first. Many internal problems need to be fixed.

Contribute oil? Maybe Mexico should lower it's prices in the country first so the average joe can go to work. A gallon of gas is more than a gallon in California, price wise.
Old 03-16-2005

wow i see everyone has their own opinions on this one. i think all wars are stupid and USA always butts their nose where it dont belong i agree on that and i also agree mexico has alot to deal with in their own country but all i was saying is if usa were to ask for their help i feel they shouldnt even think twice about it and lend a hand. i agree the immigration status is all fucked up but when usa askes for favors when needed i feel they should help, not only mexico either. im not putting my raza down but just like any other race there are ones who fuk it up for the ones who do right.
Old 03-16-2005
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmanani
Maybe Mexico should lower it's prices in the country first so the average joe can go to work.
Did you mean the average JOSE? Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Anyways I agree with what some of you said about Mexico needing to fix it's own internal problems. This war is about power nothing more, nothing less in my opinion.
Old 03-16-2005
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by girly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmanani
Maybe Mexico should lower it's prices in the country first so the average joe can go to work.
Did you mean the average JOSE? Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Otra vez le cage. LOL.

Just the idea of even considering Mexico to help out is absurd and foolish. IMO!
Talk about placing the noose arounds one neck willingly.
Old 04-11-2005
Chicle

someone mentioned about us latinos who fight not comin home as heroes but its the whites that do..and honeslty i dont give a f*ck about comin home a hero..i dont need no big parade or nothin..my family was there when our aircraft landed in the states and those were the only people who i cared about being there and knowing what i have done..its is very tru that mexico has its own problems as does the u.s...without all the detail lets say (god forbid) someone declared war on mexico..or lets speak in general,if a country was in trouble i would hope they would have allies they could call upon..but if they never helped anyone then would you expect anyone to ome to their aid?..i mean im not sayin mexico should send thousands and thousand of troops or nothin jus assist a lil..like when i was out there they had koreans but they were there for humanitarian purposes only..and thats great cuz they can handle that and that will free up more of our bodies that can fight..and i met troops form el salvador who werent in the immediate frony lines but were doin their part in helpin out with security..ive heard someone say this is a whitemans war and personally think this is a war thats the u.s.a. is involved in and the u.s.a. is where my parents have lived their life and where my daughter will live hers..if i wont fight for it who will?..if my boys and i take out one insurgent then thats one less person that could cause harm..who knows,maybe that one was the one up next to pull the next 9/11 plan?..what if those planes hit a building in your town with your loved ones in them?..would you think differently?..then you argue the fact that iraq had nothin to do with that,so be it..would you have rather sit back and wait for somethin to happen again for us to react when it is too late?..would people rather have waited for saddaam to drop a bomb and kill our people to say,okay yeah now we should do somethin?..
Old 04-11-2005
Fresh Meat!

NAH! MEXICO SHOULD NOT GET INVOLVE WITH THE IRAQ WAR.
AUNQUE THE ARMY IS TRYING TO ENLIST ALL MEXICANS HERE IN THE U.S. TO GO TO WAR, EN ESTE YEAR THE ARMY HAS CALLED ME TWICE TELLING ME THAT IF I WAS INTERESTED IN JOINING. THEY EVEN WENT TO MY HOUSE, QUE CHINGONES "YOU WANT TO JOIN THE ARMY" SI COMO NO.
Old 04-11-2005
SuaveHighTimes

I understand what you feel and why you feel you need to fight.
But i also believe that even though your heart is in the right place, i doubt its in the right position to make such claims.

Many other nations harbor more dangerous weapons then iraq, and many other nations pose more of an immediate threat then iraq, and many other nations harbor more dangerous terrorists then Iraq. Why so did we invade iraq?

I would be 100% in agreement with you if in fact we had fought against an immediate threat, or a nation with vocal and public threats toward our nation. But Iraq did non of that.
Old 04-11-2005
Travieso

ahhhhh! ppl why so much hate against a country in which you live in? i is the us of a a perfect country? no. is it better than ole mexico? yes. otherwise our ancestors would not have crossed the waters thru the deserts into this great country. we are blessed that we don't live like others around the world where milk and bread is as high as our fuel prices be careful of what you want. as for ole mexico fighting in a war i think so in the sense that they come thru the borders south of here to invade our security; maybe they should tighten up their security, but hell they can't even stop the drugs from flowing in mexico is corrupt so no they should not enter the war they might sell out and then we'd all be in trouble. gottal love the red white and blue.
Old 04-11-2005
SuaveHighTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalebrown
ahhhhh! ppl why so much hate against a country in which you live in? i is the us of a a perfect country? no. is it better than ole mexico? yes. otherwise our ancestors would not have crossed the waters thru the deserts into this great country
Um, they crossed the waters into this continent. the country was not yet established. They buthered your ancestors (assuming you have some mexican in you) in order to claim the land as their own.

Quote:
we are blessed that we don't live like others around the world where milk and bread is as high as our fuel prices be careful of what you want. as for ole mexico fighting in a war i think so in the sense that they come thru the borders south of here to invade our security; maybe they should tighten up their security, but hell they can't even stop the drugs from flowing in mexico
Yes, but lets not forget that these drugs are U.S bound my friend. And read the top to learn the truth about who invaded who.

Quote:
is corrupt so no they should not enter the war they might sell out and then we'd all be in trouble. gottal love the red white and blue.
Im assuming your chicano too, and if you are, then there is no bigger selling out then yourself my friend.

And nobody ever said anything about hating this country. The truth of the matter is that the war agains Iraq is wrong. Disagreeing with a few greedy politicians does NOT make me a traitor.
If you fight for our freedom, and then you lash at me for expressing my disagreement thru this freedom, then why fight at all?
Old 04-11-2005
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

The mighty USA needing help from Mexico, what a concept.........Why should mexico my motherland send "troops" to iraq? So they can be treated like caca over there too. It's bad enough that immigrants have to come up to the USA to work heavy labor jobs and be treated like shit. In a recent article of OYE Mag I read that some of these workers get 50 measley dollars for 8 hours of work!!!!! These jornaleros are beaten if they complain they are not paid till weeks later. One jornalero was quoted as saying that he asked for water and a prick ass cop told him to drink out of the toilets. So Mexico sends over troops what will they be doing fighting the majority of the war. But mostly LABOR. To say that we need as many allies we can get........The pinche US has a hard time keeping allies. I see the military using these mexicans as they did with the black in vietnam. Anyway,Who are we to think we can go into someone elses home and open the fridge and rearrange the furniture, unless there is some profit in thier home (ie.OIL). I think that per our own statute that is called burglary.

Mexico does have it's own issues to deal with. how would the US respond to Mexico requesting assistance to fight a war against someone? Hell the US doesnt give a shit about no except itsself.

Before some jerk goes off saying "well leave". I love my country just as I love my own brother but Im not going to support my brother if he is commiting wrong.
Old 04-11-2005
Travieso

how am i selling out jsut cause what i want for my family is something better than what i had? i believe that is what all immigrants wanted was something better than what they had for their family the mexican goverment is corrupted sure we have some here but i'd rather live here and hope that improvement derives for our children cause if you think things have not improved throughout the years you my 'friend' are blinded by the hatred in your own heart. we at least agree that mexico should not enter the war so lets just leave at that. God Bless you.
Old 04-11-2005
Maestro

Quote:
ahhhhh! ppl why so much hate against a country in which you live in? i is the us of a a perfect country? no. is it better than ole mexico? yes. otherwise our ancestors would not have crossed the waters thru the deserts into this great country.
Wait a second Am I missing something here?

Most of this country belonged to the mexicans in the first place!
Old 04-11-2005
SuaveHighTimes

Its one thing to acknowledge the fact that the U.S is richer, more powerful and provides better opportunities for people to work and earn wealth. But you cant shove to the side the history of which you derive from. No matter how much you may like and dapt to a more materialistic sorrounding, you cant hide the color of your face or the origin of your blood.

I love this country too, but that will never change who I am inside and where my cutural heritage began.
Old 04-11-2005
Chicle

AS FOR ME, IM NOT LASHIN OUT AT NOBODY..THATS THE WHOLE POIT,WERE JUS EXPRESSIN OUR VIEWS CUZ WE CAN..I GUESS THATS WHY SOME OF US WERE PUT ON THIS EARTH FOR,TO HAVE THAT KIND OF MIND SET OF BEING WILLING TO FIGHT FOR SOMETHIN OTHERS WONT..IF EVERYBODY FELT THE SAME WAY AS SOME YALL DO HERE THIS WORLD WOULD GO TO SHITS..IMAGINE ALL MEXICANS/LATINOS FFELING THE SAME WAY AND REFUSING TO JOIN THE MILITARY?..WHO KNOWS MAYBE THE U.S. WOULD BE OVERRUN AND IMAGINE NOT HAVIN THE U.S. KEEPING THEIR BORDERS STRONG,MEXICO OR CANADA WOULD BE NEXT..AND THE ARMY IS NOT TRYIN TO ENLIST JUS ALL MEXICANS..IM SURE THEYRE TRYIN TO ENLIST ANYONE THEY CAN..BUT ITS TRUE THEY WILL KEEP THE URBAN AREAS IN MIND..CUZ THEY KNOW PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE HOOD WOULD THINK ABOUT JOININ TO GET OUT OF THE HOOD AND DO SOMEHTIN DIFFERENT..YEAH WHO ARE WE TO GO INTO SOMEONES HOUSE BUT IF YOU SAW SOME OF THINGS OUT THERE OR TALKED TO SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE YOU WOULD SEE THAT SOME OF US HAVE IT GOOD..
Old 04-11-2005
Travieso

most of this country belonged to the mexicans? no, it belonged to my ppl until colombo sailed under the spainiard flag over here.

mexico is rich also my 'friend' only one difference the government. here you have different levels of society where in mexico there is only the elite and the poor then of course you have 'el indio'.

what can one do for his ppl?
educate them i'd say not fill their minds with hate.

some even brown ppl would like to keep their minds closed to elevate themselves.
another thing i seem to agree with u is that one's culture comes from within the values
placed by our fathers not a society.

one last thing i have to say is that i don't look to man for my answers nor i look
in him for help. men have many imperfections such as you and i. i look to
God in my time of need and now the world in this crisis in iraq needs to look to our heavenly father for tranquility.

Peace be with you and yours
love is the answer and love is found in Christ.
God bless you all.
Old 04-11-2005
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_flo53
..YEAH WHO ARE WE TO GO INTO SOMEONES HOUSE BUT IF YOU SAW SOME OF THINGS OUT THERE OR TALKED TO SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE YOU WOULD SEE THAT SOME OF US HAVE IT GOOD..
Yo, I have also seen the shit thats going on in mexico too? It's just as bad over there. Why not assist mexico?

Thanks for pointing out that the military does concetrate more on the urban areas..........easy recruitment.
Old 04-11-2005
Chicle

well put..ultimately thats all we can do is trust god..trust that he is allowing this to occur for a reason..and trust that we weill end it soon..
Old 04-11-2005
Maestro

Quote:
most of this country belonged to the mexicans? no, it belonged to my ppl until colombo sailed under the spainiard flag over here.
Your right I stand corrected. And I agree.
Old 04-13-2009
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default Re: Should Mexico contribute to the war in Iraq?

Dumb ideas (as wellas dumb threads) are usually made by dumb people...
Old 04-13-2009
Director

^^ cosign
Old 04-13-2009
Banned User
Veterano

why in de fuck is this on the veterano's corner?
Old 04-24-2009
Mocoso

Old 12-23-2009
Banned User
Veterano

money in the bank