Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Chicano Movement

Chicano Movement Share information relating to The Chicano Movement

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-27-2009
ElSolitario's Avatar
ElSolitario ElSolitario is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 245
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Come on now, India is much poorer than Mexico and it has one of the lowest literacy rates in the world. So no, India is no Shangri La compared to mexico. Mexico may have problems with corruption but India has a lot of issues with their rigid caste system which prevents people from moving up the social ladder. The difference between the two groups in the US is due to the fact that many immigrants from india are the most educated and come as students or professionals- even manny of the 7-11 workers have phds in India and shite, while most Mexican immigrants are the poorest of the poor and have to start from scratch with little opportunities because of their legal status. But trust me, the difference between Indian-Americans and Indians is far greater than when you compare that group to Mexican Americans.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-28-2009
Niyorco's Avatar
Niyorco Niyorco is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,952
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor ass chicano View Post
with the incredibly high drop out rate of mexicans we are the least educated of all..
i come from the mexican culture and as a culture we do not place great emphasis and focus on "achievement" or " excellence"..sad commentary many mexican parents tell their kids.."just get any job,make enough to pay your rent and buy some food,that's all you need"..in other words be happy,contented and adapt to poverty..
as a matter of fact intellectualism is frowned upon and disrespected by mexican culture compared to the jewish or asian cultures who place great importance on intellectual skills and abilities..mexican people on the other hand place more value on a lower value system such as physical intimidation,cleverness(not intelligence)..
..extreme violence,self-gratification/self-indulgence in alcohol,drugs or sexuality..( partying and useless fucking around)..irresponsibility in relations with women..single latinas now have surpassed black women in the rate of producing children out of marriage..
is it no wonder we see our people in such a mess??
mexicans will always be on the bottom until they have a revolution in their own culture and change their cultural priorities..
chicanos mexicanos need a cultural revolution.. we can't and shouldn't always blame "whitey" for all our shortcomings and problems..bringing down the "white power structure" is necessary and good of course but change will also entail changing ourselves and accepting responsibilty ..

I've edited your post being that I feel this part is both important and, I see it quite a bit.

A huge amount of what you say is true, however, the fact that Mexicans are made to surrive from the mother land and find happyness among themselves as long as they're surviving, is mainly what it boils down too.

The hard working Raza, puts their mind into whatever job they get and as long as they're happy and making it on that wage, they stop their and eventually, work hard into perfecting their skill to secure their job.

I wouldn't call it lazy, what I would call it is blindness from being used to the fact of just to survive and enjoy life that eventually, kills the motivation of finding ways to move up in other opportunities they can aquire in this country such as money investments in ways of making their money grow, or even taking their skill and extend it more powerful such as through education.

Ignorance does take place, mainly from people who are lazy, and refuse to listen into observing other ways and furthering themselves into a better life. In this group, is where we see many people who don't give a shit, and all they want to do is party, and fuck around as long as they got enough money to get by. Shit, some don't even have a savings account. But as long as they can point fingers and blame, then they can satisfy their inner anger and go on with the way they are.

This is the group that is the hardest to get through, mainly because they don't want to accept responsibility and choose to blame others for the way they turned out. The solution isn't hard, all they would have to do is listen, listen and then follow the advice of others in which is the best to help out their sittuation giving it 100%. That, and set aside their nonsense pride.

I refuse to say that the Raza is the most lazy ones here on this earth. We are not lazy, it's only that many of us don't know what it takes. And until many accept to listen to experience, then they can grow the confidence into doing what it takes, no matter what.

I've seen laws that hold back immigrants, yet they still find a way, and I've seen people of a legal status with nothing holding them back, and yet they refuse to take that step further.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2009
ShyXicana08's Avatar
ShyXicana08 ShyXicana08 is offline
Estudiante
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hustle Town. Occupied Anahuac.
Posts: 816
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The Mexicans living in the U.S are hard working people. The Mexicans living in Mexico are some lazy, drunken good for nothings (I'd say over half). That's what I've noticed, forgive me for not being PC.
I didn't know you knew
Quote:
over half
of the Mexican population..

You know, it's one thing when another culture stereotypes another group, it's detrimental when someone stereotypes their own culture..
keep fueling the fire.

I agree with Yasmina.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-28-2009
Tony602's Avatar
Tony602 Tony602 is offline
Travieso
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: .:ARIZONA:.
Posts: 388
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSolitario View Post
Come on now, India is much poorer than Mexico and it has one of the lowest literacy rates in the world. So no, India is no Shangri La compared to mexico. Mexico may have problems with corruption but India has a lot of issues with their rigid caste system which prevents people from moving up the social ladder. The difference between the two groups in the US is due to the fact that many immigrants from india are the most educated and come as students or professionals- even manny of the 7-11 workers have phds in India and shite, while most Mexican immigrants are the poorest of the poor and have to start from scratch with little opportunities because of their legal status. But trust me, the difference between Indian-Americans and Indians is far greater than when you compare that group to Mexican Americans.
Yea my friend from India his father is a pharmacist in India but he works at wal-mart here.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-28-2009
poor ass chicano's Avatar
poor ass chicano poor ass chicano is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 219
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
I've edited your post being that I feel this part is both important and, I see it quite a bit.

A huge amount of what you say is true, however, the fact that Mexicans are made to surrive from the mother land and find happiness among themselves as long as they're surviving, is mainly what it boils down too.

The hard working Raza, puts their mind into whatever job they get and as long as they're happy and making it on that wage, they stop their and eventually, work hard into perfecting their skill to secure their job.

I wouldn't call it lazy, what I would call it is blindness from being used to the fact of just to survive and enjoy life that eventually, kills the motivation of finding ways to move up in other opportunities they can aquire in this country compared some such as money investments in ways of making their money grow, or even taking their skill and extend it more powerful such as through education.

Ignorance does take place, mainly from people who are lazy, and refuse to listen into observing other ways and furthering themselves into a better life. In this group, is where we see many people who don't give a shit, and all they want to do is party, and fuck around as long as they got enough money to get by. Shit, some don't even have a savings account. But as long as they can point fingers and blame, then they can satisfy their inner anger and go on with the way they are.

This is the group that is the hardest to get through, mainly because they don't want to accept responsibility and choose to blame others for the way they turned out. The solution isn't hard, all they would have to do is listen, listen and then follow the advice of others in which is the best to help out their sittuation giving it 100%. That, and set aside their nonsense pride.

I refuse to say that the Raza is the most lazy ones here on this earth. We are not lazy, it's only that many of us don't know what it takes. And until many accept to listen to experience, then they can grow the confidence into doing what it takes, no matter what.

I've seen laws that hold back immigrants, yet they still find a way, and I've seen people of a legal status with nothing holding them back, and yet they refuse to take that step further.

thanks niyorco for commenting on my post..
..ya got some good observations there..
mexican people are definitely not the laziest people in the world as a matter of fact i would say they are actually some of the hardest working people on the planet..lazy people don't build the 13th largest economy in the world..(according to latest UN world economy stats)..
we agree poverty is a bitch and from it are born ignorance as well as all kinds of negativity and fucked up attitudes.poverty also creates a set of extreme pathologies that turns some people into monsters who commit terrible crimes on other poor people..anyway you look at it poverty creates some sick shit..
as to people from india and asia..maybe with the exception of japan,i can tell you i'd take mexico over any of those other places in a heartbeat..i lived in mexico before and believe me mexicans in general are happier and have a higher standard of living compared to those other places..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-28-2009
enserio's Avatar
enserio enserio is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor ass chicano View Post
personally,i have my theory..before the whites came to the america the original natives of the americas had incredibly advanced civilizations..stunningly brilliant in the areas of astronomy,architecture,agriculture,mathematics..th e list goes on and on..
after the whites came and conquered the americas they interbred with
the native women and produced mestizos..
..since then nothing has evolved from latin america that nowhere even approaches the genius and brillance of pre white america..latin america as a region is mediocre..


we can't and shouldn't always blame "whitey" for all our shortcomings and problems..bringing down the "white power structure" is necessary and good of course but change will also entail changing ourselves and accepting responsibilty ..
nice!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-28-2009
demon's Avatar
demon demon is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,062
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

hahaha You cracked the code. Whitey rules.
__________________
The all new......

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-28-2009
93FLEETWOOD's Avatar
93FLEETWOOD 93FLEETWOOD is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: si quieres voy, y te hago venir
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

I've noticed many young mexicans rather work than get an education when they get here...than comes the thing about they too lazy to learn english, and it's why so many here don't speak it....I think it has to do something about patience...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-14-2009
Yasmina Yasmina is offline
Estudiante
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 836
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo El Dorado View Post
FYI according to my Indian homeboys they are considered Asian and because of the extreme poverty their parents experienced growing up "in the old country" their parents place a high emphasis and value on education to help their children break away from poverty, ignorance and servitude


Yeah, I am aware of the fact that India is in Asia.
__________________
"It is foolish to attempt to establish your own innocence by pointing out the guilt of others."

"Y entonces nadie preguntará quién sembró lo que se cosecha" - Subcommandante Marcos


Stand up for the Underdog,
Speak for the Unspoken.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-14-2009
demon's Avatar
demon demon is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,062
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

I cant stand ragheads and sand niggers.
__________________
The all new......

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-10-2009
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

i piss on the shithole that is india...them and all their slum dogs
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-10-2009
Californio's Avatar
Californio Californio is offline
Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 6,700
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Damn that was a good movie.. . My friend recently got back from india, marijuana is literally a weed over there
__________________
“Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.” - Plato

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-03-2010
BlackEagle BlackEagle is offline
Fresh Meat!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

I admire immigrants who succeed in America, however, they left their homeland, we did not, and all of our peoples are here with us, the good the bad and the ugly. Most of those indians are of the upper caste, their society is divided by caste, which is a race based discrimitory system, and only the cream come here. No wonder the achieve, but who do these doctors hire, why mexicans, of course (I use the word "mexican" loosly, I really mean Americans who happen to be mestizo, often decendents of the current country of Mexico. The work Mexico means "the people" and geneticly mexicans are about 60% native blood, as if it matters. What matters is we are Americans, and when foreigners come here to take advantage of our hospitality, they should show some respect while in our house, or go home.


'nuff said
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-13-2010
sarcasmothewonderdog's Avatar
sarcasmothewonderdog sarcasmothewonderdog is offline
Prospect
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Phoenix
Posts: 39
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
I've edited your post being that I feel this part is both important and, I see it quite a bit.

A huge amount of what you say is true, however, the fact that Mexicans are made to surrive from the mother land and find happyness among themselves as long as they're surviving, is mainly what it boils down too.

The hard working Raza, puts their mind into whatever job they get and as long as they're happy and making it on that wage, they stop their and eventually, work hard into perfecting their skill to secure their job.

I wouldn't call it lazy, what I would call it is blindness from being used to the fact of just to survive and enjoy life that eventually, kills the motivation of finding ways to move up in other opportunities they can aquire in this country such as money investments in ways of making their money grow, or even taking their skill and extend it more powerful such as through education.

Ignorance does take place, mainly from people who are lazy, and refuse to listen into observing other ways and furthering themselves into a better life. In this group, is where we see many people who don't give a shit, and all they want to do is party, and fuck around as long as they got enough money to get by. Shit, some don't even have a savings account. But as long as they can point fingers and blame, then they can satisfy their inner anger and go on with the way they are.

This is the group that is the hardest to get through, mainly because they don't want to accept responsibility and choose to blame others for the way they turned out. The solution isn't hard, all they would have to do is listen, listen and then follow the advice of others in which is the best to help out their sittuation giving it 100%. That, and set aside their nonsense pride.

I refuse to say that the Raza is the most lazy ones here on this earth. We are not lazy, it's only that many of us don't know what it takes. And until many accept to listen to experience, then they can grow the confidence into doing what it takes, no matter what.

I've seen laws that hold back immigrants, yet they still find a way, and I've seen people of a legal status with nothing holding them back, and yet they refuse to take that step further.
This is right on the dot. Ive noticed that in mexico,once you have a house built and you own it,then all you really gotta worry about is eating and paying water,electric etc etc. Thats how it should be over here,but you got whitey (government)telling you: NO! You need to pay for this and have credit here and do this blah blah
__________________
Wherever there is danger or someone is in need,I will not be there-Sarcasmo Dog
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-13-2010
Eseloco's Avatar
Eseloco Eseloco is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 284
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasmothewonderdog View Post
This is right on the dot. Ive noticed that in mexico,once you have a house built and you own it,then all you really gotta worry about is eating and paying water,electric etc etc. Thats how it should be over here,but you got whitey (government)telling you: NO! You need to pay for this and have credit here and do this blah blah
That is how it is here. People will allow themselves to be fooled into thinking that they need a 40,000 dollar car every few years and that they need to buy a 350,000 dollar home. They fool themselves into thinking that it's all gravy to be maxed out on their 10,000 dollar credit card and just make the minimum payments.

Save your money, buy a home, pay it off and relax. The misfortunes of so many individuals losing their homes to foreclosures is an opportunity for many people to get into a good but cheap house and set themselves up to be financially sound.
__________________
The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood, sweat and effort. So pay freely and travel proudly
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-13-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseloco View Post
That is how it is here. People will allow themselves to be fooled into thinking that they need a 40,000 dollar car every few years and that they need to buy a 350,000 dollar home. They fool themselves into thinking that it's all gravy to be maxed out on their 10,000 dollar credit card and just make the minimum payments.

Save your money, buy a home, pay it off and relax. The misfortunes of so many individuals losing their homes to foreclosures is an opportunity for many people to get into a good but cheap house and set themselves up to be financially sound.
yes, kill whityey. the toot of all ebil
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-15-2010
Eseloco's Avatar
Eseloco Eseloco is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 284
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
yes, kill whityey. the toot of all ebil
de que hablas guey?
__________________
The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood, sweat and effort. So pay freely and travel proudly
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-28-2011
Masaru's Avatar
Masaru Masaru is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 108
Send a message via MSN to Masaru
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor ass chicano View Post
personally,i have my theory..
before the whites came to the america the original natives of the americas had incredibly advanced civilizations..stunningly brilliant in the areas of astronomy,architecture,agriculture,mathematics..th e list goes on and on..
after the whites came and conquered the americas they interbred with
the native women and produced mestizos..
..since then nothing has evolved from latin america that nowhere even approaches the genius and brillance of pre white america..latin america as a region is mediocre..
The Spanish brought Christianity as a method of subjugating the native people and emphasized obedience and humility. I think that has tainted the mindset of mestizo culture with the idea of resting at stifled median with one's peers versus self actualizing and finding your individual genius.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-28-2011
Tlakaelel's Avatar
Tlakaelel Tlakaelel is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 63
Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

I have been to India, and seen the people there too. There are a lot more illiterate and lazy people than you will find any where in the world.

"India still home to largest illiterate population: UNESCO"


http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...lliterate.html


More people are illiterate in India, more so, than the entire population of Mexico. I take it, this person knows the difference between a Mexican and a Mexican-American (Chicano), and because the Indians are a very lazy people, the poorest of these people lack the enterprising spirit it takes to be any good at a life outside the law and squander much of their time begging. As opposed the more energetic solution, of running Pot to Pakistan.










More than half the people of India believe that the God Ganish’s head isn’t his own head and believe that the head upon his very shoulders once belonged to an unfortunate elephant (who knows what became of the rest of this animal) and that it is a replacement head, which his father, Shiva, brought back after knocking off the original head with his mighty backhand. It was only on the insistance of his wife that Shiva came to Earth, to find the young god's head. Yes Earth, of all places, is where it was thought to have bounced to. Shiva must have grabbed the first creature's head he saw or thought it as an upgrade or didn’t care enough, or was too dumb or too stoned to see, that the head wasn’t the right head. And my fellow Chicanos would argue, with suchness, as peers? Say it ain’t so.

These people have many bright and wonderful things, curry comes to mind, yet, be that as it may be, one should look to their own eye, before there is talk about the speck in another's eye.

They also make beautiful music, but who doesn't?


Last edited by Tlakaelel; 09-28-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.