Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Books

Books Discuss here about your favorite reads.

Old 04-14-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default The Little Prince - Le Petit Prince

This is seriously one of the best books I have ever read.
It is a classic, if you have not read it I encourage you to read it, and then come back and discuss it.

I am currently in the process of rereading it, I will come with reasons as to why I think it is so great.

You can read the full book here:
http://cs.swan.ac.uk/~cswill/The_little_prince.pdf

I encourage you to at least read the first chapter which is only two pages long and has pictures, from there you can make up your mind if you read the whole thing or not.

Last edited by _aztec_princess_; 04-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2013
Maestro

Default Re: The Little Prince - Le Petit Prince

Thats El Principito right? I read that when I was in like 3rd grade I think .. in Spanish of course ..
Old 04-14-2013
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

i read that book in french back in h/s
Old 04-14-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_

yup, I read it a couple years back because a friend recommended it, I wish I had read it sooner.

Like I said it's a classic so I am sure many have read it, but if you haven't you should.

Old 04-15-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
yup, I read it a couple years back because a friend recommended it, I wish I had read it sooner.

Like I said it's a classic so I am sure many have read it, but if you haven't you should.
Yall have GT (gifted and talented) classes over there in your part of TX right? Or Pre AP, in high school I think, well anywho, I was in GT all of elem, and most of middle school and in my school GT students got Spanish classes. Not like Spanish as a second language type of thing. But more like Mexican history, grammar, stuff like that , the type of stuff they would teach you in an actual Mexican school. We read that book, around 3rd grade or so, I remember my old man saying it was a good book, cant say I remember much about it though, just bits and pieces .. maybe Ill go pick it up again ..
Old 04-15-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez956 View Post
Yall have GT (gifted and talented) classes over there in your part of TX right? Or Pre AP, in high school I think, well anywho, I was in GT all of elem, and most of middle school and in my school GT students got Spanish classes. Not like Spanish as a second language type of thing. But more like Mexican history, grammar, stuff like that , the type of stuff they would teach you in an actual Mexican school. We read that book, around 3rd grade or so, I remember my old man saying it was a good book, cant say I remember much about it though, just bits and pieces .. maybe Ill go pick it up again ..
Yes we do I was TAG (Talented and Gifted throughout elementary). We also have AP and pre AP all of which I was a part of. That is cool about the Spanish classes (:. And yes the book is meant to be a children's book, so I am not surprised that you read it in third grade. However, it has such a powerful message for adults.

Old 04-15-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
Yes we do I was TAG (Talented and Gifted throughout elementary). We also have AP and pre AP all of which I was a part of. That is cool about the Spanish classes (:. And yes the book is meant to be a children's book, so I am not surprised that you read it in third grade. However, it has such a powerful message for adults.
Yea, they really were, I really missed them in middle school ... I loved my teachers, they were "from the motherland" mexican lol
Well then thats that, Ill go check it out @ the lib