Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Veteranos' Corner

Veteranos' Corner A place for military veterans to talk about thier experiences, travels, or other military veteran related topics.

View Poll Results: Should Mexico contribute to the war in Iraq?
yes 4 17.39%
no 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2005
Maestro

Default Should Mexico contribute to the war in Iraq?

Should Mexico contribute to the war in Iraq?

(optional)

Why?

why not?
Old 03-14-2005

yes... i strongly believe mexico should help out. dont even get me started on this one.. haha but yes of course most definetly
Old 03-15-2005
Meme

yes tighten up the boarder.
keep a closer eye on immigrants from other countries..
Old 03-15-2005
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

no, i think it would be stupid of them to. there is no point, not only that but the war in iraq is stupid in itself.there are more things closer to home to wrry about, things on this very own continent then worrying somethign on another continent.

Mexico has its own shit it needs to get straight, as does the U.S for that fucking matter.
Old 03-15-2005
Wifey
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio
no, i think it would be stupid of them to. there is no point, not only that but the war in iraq is stupid in itself.there are more things closer to home to wrry about, things on this very own continent then worrying somethign on another continent.

Mexico has its own shit it needs to get straight, as does the U.S for that fucking matter.
I agree with you nelio....Mexico has a whole bunch of issues that it need to handle before taking on someone else's.....

Make Love Not War!!!
Old 03-15-2005
Travieso

Vicente Fox in a speech if Im not mistaken offered Oil .........If thats all he can do, leave at that...Like Veronica said they have there own problems!
Old 03-15-2005
Prospect

I believe if mexico got involved in the Iraq war then that would be the stupidist thing ever. They have no reason for getting in. And if they do they would just lose people for no reason.
Old 03-15-2005

for that matter united states also has other issues they should be dealing with here instead of over there. but .... if usa asked mexico for back up then i feel they should. i dont want to make any racist remarks cause i love my raza but... im sick and tired of alot of raza taking what they can from the USA and not giving back anything but headaches im talking about people on welfare, foodstamps, housing and all that because i who am born here in the usa and am a us citizen cannot apply for certain things but they can and not only mexico but other places that to me in my eyes seem to take advantage of the USA so if they are needed and asked for their help i feel yes most definetly they should give some kind of help. but NOOOO they dont .. yes i agree usa is stupid for sticking its nose where it dont belong and yes we have other issues here to deal with but thats the way it is i do not agree with this war i feel a bomb should be dropped on that part of the map and get it over with but if we ask for back up i feel they shouldnt say no...
Old 03-15-2005
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Not only no, but hell no!

Why?? Why??

Mexico has enough problems as is! Feed the poor and provide jobs first!

It won't be Madrid this time, but Mexico City.
Old 03-15-2005
SuaveHighTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymamacita
for that matter united states also has other issues they should be dealing with here instead of over there. but .... if usa asked mexico for back up then i feel they should. i dont want to make any racist remarks cause i love my raza but... im sick and tired of alot of raza taking what they can from the USA and not giving back anything but headaches im talking about people on welfare, foodstamps, housing and all that because i who am born here in the usa and am a us citizen cannot apply for certain things but they can and not only mexico but other places that to me in my eyes seem to take advantage of the USA so if they are needed and asked for their help i feel yes most definetly they should give some kind of help. but NOOOO they dont .. yes i agree usa is stupid for sticking its nose where it dont belong and yes we have other issues here to deal with but thats the way it is i do not agree with this war i feel a bomb should be dropped on that part of the map and get it over with but if we ask for back up i feel they shouldnt say no...
No offense, but that’s a lame excuse. Mexican immigrants give a lot more then they take in. Youre in a state of self hate if you think Raza only brings this nation Headaches. And just because you were born here doesn’t make you one of 'them'. They will as easily dismiss you as a wetback as they will any other paisa. so you need to look yourself in the mirror before passing judgment on your own.

If the U.S wants Mexico to grant them a favor, then the U.S in turn should grant the Mexicans the favor of a better immigration policy. The very least they could do is recognize their presence in this country. Not with propositions limiting their education, but with real responses like granting them drivers licenses. It's inhuman to oppress over 8 million undocumented from general civil rights and privileges.
Old 03-15-2005
Gunner

most of chicanos are fighting the war any ways so Mexico is already contributaing hah
Old 03-15-2005
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes

No offense, but that’s a lame excuse. Mexican immigrants give a lot more then they take in. Youre in a state of self hate if you think Raza only brings this nation Headaches. And just because you were born here doesn’t make you one of 'them'. They will as easily dismiss you as a wetback as they will any other paisa. so you need to look yourself in the mirror before passing judgment on your own.

If the U.S wants Mexico to grant them a favor, then the U.S in turn should grant the Mexicans the favor of a better immigration policy. The very least they could do is recognize their presence in this country. Not with propositions limiting their education, but with real responses like granting them drivers licenses. It's inhuman to oppress over 8 million undocumented from general civil rights and privileges.
Eso eso eso!
Old 03-15-2005
SuaveHighTimes

It's ironic to think that the U.S would ask a nation of whom they stole land land from in the past, to help them occupy another.
Old 03-15-2005
Gunner

Mexico needs to help>>>>> MEXICO.

40% of the population lives in poverty.

Since NAFTA, Mexican purchasing power has declined by 30%.
For what possible reason would Mexico have in Iraq?

Mexico has its own oil.
And now we hear that Italy is pulling out 3,000 troops from Iraq.

So now the pullout list is:

- Italy
- Spain
- Portugal
- Poland
- Netherlands
- El Salvador
- Ukraine
- Phillipines
- Honduras
- Bulgaria
- Nicaragua
- Dominican Republic

And this now puts them in the same category of those nations who did not get involved:

- Russia
- Germany
- France
- New Zealand
- China
- Israel

Mexico's foreign policy has for years now been to stay out of wars that involve third parties.

There's no way Mexico will get involved. It has it's own hands full terrorizing its own citizens in Chiapas and Guerrero.

The main countries left are the hard-core White Supremacist countries, if you notice:

- United States
- Britain
- Australia
- Japan (they are pretty whitewashed)
Old 03-15-2005
Travieso

anwser HELL NO!

what does Mexico gain from doing so?

mexico owes the US nada, remember it was the US that stole half its land, the US that send marines and warships, the US that interferes in thier socio,econ,pol system.

will mex get ne rewards? no
will they get oil contracts? no

Mexico has done enuff their are over 10,000 mexican nationals fighting or did fight in Iraq, to get papers. these mexicanos staff the worst and most dangerous roles.

as far as ppl using the system, its has been proven that immigrants contribute in the billions to the US. how? they work, thats why they came here.
if ur talking about puerto ricans or mexican-americans on welfare thats another issue unrelated to Mexico.

A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Frederick Nietzsche

There is something feeble and contemptible about a man who cannot face life without the help of comfortable myths.
Bertrand Russell

California Alumni - class of 2006. Go Bears!
Old 03-15-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatasbloodjv
Mexico has done enuff their are over 10,000 mexican nationals fighting or did fight in Iraq, to get papers. these mexicanos staff the worst and most dangerous roles.

That is a great point.
Here is an article on that:

http://www.ipsnews.net/interna.asp?idnews=17296

"At least 320,000 U.S. troops have been committed to the war on Iraq, including 60,000 people of Latin American and Caribbean nationality or descent."

In other words, almost a sixth of all "American" troops over there on the front lines aren't even Americans.

But they die under the American flag nonetheless.

And yet, who gets celebrated as the heroes??

Only the White ones.

Quote:
most Hispanics -- the label used by the U.S. government -- in the army and the marines are privates, the lowest rank of enlisted military personnel.

Less than one percent of the two-star generals and around two percent of the one-star generals in the U.S. armed forces are Hispanic or Latino. In the highest echelons, three or four-star generals, the percentage is even smaller.

Thus, the stories of Latino soldiers dying in battle will continue to crop up as long as the war drags on, as just one more dramatic feature of the phenomenon of emigration to the United States, Guillermo Alonso, a researcher with the College of the Northern Border, remarked to IPS.
Old 03-15-2005
dd

Quote:
Mexico needs to help>>>>> MEXICO.

40% of the population lives in poverty.
I agree with that. ^^^^ Mexico needs to help Mexico. Countries that can help us....well ok...that's different...but too much poverty over there in Mexico, they need help themselves.......just my opinion.
Old 03-15-2005
Presidente

Quote:
Quote:

it is rare when me and sauvehighttimes see eye to eyee, THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
mexicans flocked to the recruituing stations in WWII and i believe in WWI, you dont hear about it though do you, and these were mexicans from across the border., so once again tis mexico coimmits to war now, then what would it gain? NOT A DAMN THING, all it would do is open itself up for attack fromt he inside, HEY, maybe that will not be a bad idea, TO BAD that the wrong people would attack it and run it, as in drug lord and shit like that. i remember a hand-out that went around waco a few yrs back around the time of CINCO DE MAYO, stating just that, but you will never hear the U.S say that they had illegals fighting for them do you? Just as those native brothers of ours who fought in every war, who were quick to sign up for every war, not because they owed this silly country anything, because they were warriors. They foguth and died honorably, but as another said in this thread, IT IS ONLY WHITES who are dying right, whites who make the news.
Old 03-15-2005
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
it is rare when me and sauvehighttimes see eye to eyee, THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
mexicans flocked to the recruituing stations in WWII and i believe in WWI, you dont hear about it though do you, and these were mexicans from across the border., so once again tis mexico coimmits to war now, then what would it gain? NOT A DAMN THING, all it would do is open itself up for attack fromt he inside, HEY, maybe that will not be a bad idea, TO BAD that the wrong people would attack it and run it, as in drug lord and shit like that. i remember a hand-out that went around waco a few yrs back around the time of CINCO DE MAYO, stating just that, but you will never hear the U.S say that they had illegals fighting for them do you? Just as those native brothers of ours who fought in every war, who were quick to sign up for every war, not because they owed this silly country anything, because they were warriors. They foguth and died honorably, but as another said in this thread, IT IS ONLY WHITES who are dying right, whites who make the news.
Nelio

You live in Waco? I was born there. Anyway bro I must disagree. At a minimum as someone mentioned earlier, Mexican oil to the effort. I know about the statistics on the numbers that joined during and right after the war started and that’s a good thing. I have spoken to lots of our Latino brothers from all over Latin America and Mexico and they fought for this country because they are after the American dream. I know that sounds anti-what ever but I have been in for over 20 years and based on my encounters this is always the case. You know we never forget who we are or where we come from but we (Latinos) would not fight for this country just for the sake of fighting. One has to believe in the cause for which he fights and dies. So in that aspect I disagree. We are not mindless warriors. Yes our people fought in the Civil War (for the south by the way). The Texas Mexican War, Tejanos fought for Texas as well. The Spanish American War in Cuba, WW I / II, Korea and well you know the rest. The Dons in California tried to start their own country as well, but Spain wasn't having it. I know everyone American Dream can differ but all in all we want to make more money than our parents and give our kids what we never had.

Not that I agree with all the politics of every war we have fought I just thought you might want to know we have a long history of fighting for this Country that makes me feel very strongly that we are citizens just like any white anywhere.

end to Nelio

Yeh there is that boarder issue but you know we should help our brothers in every way we can. There are many ways to do that and I for one always try.

You know one big problem right now is the gang warfare that has spilled over from Mexico and South America. These types of issues really makes it hard for working Chicanos that don't get into that shit. It makes us look bad. Talk about a stereotype we could do without. Hell even our own Chicanos here in the U.S. make it hard for us to get over that hump. Until we as a people can get over our own fighting and killing one another we can never show a unity that will take us to the place we need to be.

I do feel Mexico has lots of problems but they still have a responsibility to show support as a neighbor.

Just so you know Mr. Foxx was all for NAFTA as was Canada. Just a fact.
Old 03-15-2005
Travieso

HeLL NO!. look any1 who is in the war already looks bad &makes our country look bad too.I dont even see the point in this stupid war. Is there even a point?-if so post it so I can read it.
-LaJoker
→♥La Guerita
Old 03-15-2005
Presidente

Ceyaotl, i dsee where your comming from, but the natives as well fought for the U.S during the times when other tribes were falling and against there fellow brother. They foguth, not for the U.S, but because they were used to fighting, it wasnt the only thing they knew, but it was a thing to keep in contact with what they once knew. As such, i think did our mexican people do in the past wars. I do not know why those from other latin countries fight for this country, i dont pretend to either.
But i believe that Mexico owes the U.S nothing. nothing at all.

WHat of Canada? what do they owe the U.S? they are neighbors btw.

The U.S doesnt look towards it own neighbors at all, only to use them for thier own purposes. Many country are worse off below the border, yet you do not see the U.S rushing to help them as they do in Iraq. They only do it for the Oil. They know how to get goods from latin america without commiting to helping the people of latin america.
Old 03-15-2005
Travieso

Anahuac you took the words outta my mouth...Mexico is currently has no war goin on in Mexico (yeah right thats why 1/3 of its army is in the Lacandon Jungle) ..but yeah Mexico has too many problems to deal with that the US started for them

http://www.myspace.com/xikkkanoinsurgente
Old 03-15-2005
Prospect

porque mexico deberia alludar a e.u.a. en la guerra con iraq?
--la harmas nucliares que estavan en progreso mmmm
donde estan -por lobisto los iraquies son buenos magos-
porque nosaben dondequedo las armas mmm-
mexico y la onu querian que los investigadores cientificos
sequedaran maas tiempo en iraq pero e.u.a lo que enrrialidad
queria es tener una base militar mas en territorio arabe todo
por el oro negro mmm que eso no fue todo petrolio por comida
la escusa del gobierno fue armas de destruccion masibo y
liberacion de los iraquies de sadam para entrar y estar sercas
del petrolio.. sadam y el terrorismo abian estado ase mucho tiempo
porque haora e.u.a. deside declarar guerra mmm porque cuando otros paises estaban pasando por estos problemas no asia nada
y haora quiere que todos lo alluden a el mmm

en la constitucion mexicana esta escrito que las fuersas armadas solo son para defensa nasional...si furan berdaderos orgullosos mexicanos lo supieran porque asta en el igno nasional lo dise
Old 03-16-2005
Meme

so let the fox in the chicken coupe via the back door? that's fucking stupid.

granted the war in iraq is stupid, all war is, but mexico would be doing more of a diservice to itself by not tightening security on the borders or keeping a closer eye on internationally wanted criminals.

maybe it's just me but I'd like to have my back covered.
Old 03-16-2005
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by villista1
porque mexico deberia alludar a e.u.a. en la guerra con iraq?
--la harmas nucliares que estavan en progreso mmmm
donde estan -por lobisto los iraquies son buenos magos-
porque nosaben dondequedo las armas mmm-
mexico y la onu querian que los investigadores cientificos
sequedaran maas tiempo en iraq pero e.u.a lo que enrrialidad
queria es tener una base militar mas en territorio arabe todo
por el oro negro mmm que eso no fue todo petrolio por comida
la escusa del gobierno fue armas de destruccion masibo y
liberacion de los iraquies de sadam para entrar y estar sercas
del petrolio.. sadam y el terrorismo abian estado ase mucho tiempo
porque haora e.u.a. deside declarar guerra mmm porque cuando otros paises estaban pasando por estos problemas no asia nada
y haora quiere que todos lo alluden a el mmm

en la constitucion mexicana esta escrito que las fuersas armadas solo son para defensa nasional...si furan berdaderos orgullosos mexicanos lo supieran porque asta en el igno nasional lo dise
Well, The WMD's that you are referring to were indicated as being there by many countries. Pakistan, Turkey, England, Israel, and even Jordan. Although Jordan probably won't admit to it. Now doesn't it make sense that if we hadn’t attacked him (invaded) and for some reason the Intel services were right. Then we would be blamed for that. Catch 22. I would rather be on this end of that catch than have an attack here. The UN had 10 years and umpteen resolutions and didn't do squat.

As far as the black gold. If the U.S. was smart they would drill in Alaska where 80% of the population wants the jobs. Anyway Oil is oil for any country. It is a way of life for all of us. Unless you like reading by candle light or riding a bike everywhere you go or if you would like to pay $6.00 a gal. Like they do in Europe, then no oil is not something anyone needs. Especially securing the world’s main supply. Simply tactics that every generation has come to realize. Lot of people have been exploited in the name of oil. Lots of people have been exploited in the name of freedom and Religion. Yet none have been more exploited in dictatorships, Fascist states, Communist countries and or socialist countries that treat people as objects of the state.

I understand Mexico's military is for defense so a best defense is a good offense. They could tighten up the boards with anti-terrorist units. They could drop aid to the Iraqis in remote areas, or work as a security force for the coalition HQ.