Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Veteranos' Corner

Veteranos' Corner A place for military veterans to talk about thier experiences, travels, or other military veteran related topics.

Old 04-15-2009
Fresh Meat!

Default Mexica Yaotl

WAR! it's in our blood. The Mexica were born out of war. When they came into Tenochtitlan, they were mercenaries. You know, taking care of business for the local tribes. So guess what? It is the same shit I did for the military. I fought for the US Army for monetary gain.

Old 04-15-2009
Banned User
Veterano

Default Re: Mexica Yaotl

watch out for the feed back..
Old 04-23-2009
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Yaotl means enemy, not warrior.
Old 09-01-2009
Fresh Meat!

yaotl -enemy
yaoyotl -war
yaotequihua -war leader
Old 09-04-2009
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKNO View Post
WAR! it's in our blood. The Mexica were born out of war. When they came into Tenochtitlan, they were mercenaries. You know, taking care of business for the local tribes. So guess what? It is the same shit I did for the military. I fought for the US Army for monetary gain.
Over 90% of the Mexica died, gtfo son. Barely anyone has Mexica genes. 90% died, and the rest of the 10% were probably bred out.

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'
Old 09-04-2009
Maestro

Your comment reminds me, you never replied anything to the information I provided in response to your claims on an earlier thread.

As a reminder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
90% of all the indians died according to you. Over 90% of the Mexica also died. For example, if there were 20 million indians, and 90% of those died, that means 2 million survived total. Now I think there were around 1 million aztecs in total? 90% of that means 100,000 survived. What's the population of Mexico? It's around 110 million today. After the conquest, the indians were overwhelmed by the Spanish and to some extent Africans. You cannot tell me that these 100k people did some major repopulation in the length of 500 years. Therefore, only a very small percentage of the current Mexican population is of Mexica descent. Most are from other tribes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito21 View Post
1_If we take what Wikipedia calls the "consensus count", there were approximately 54million indigenous ppl in the Americas pre-Conquest (a rather small estimate. See 1491, new revelations of the Americas before Columbus by Charles C. Mann), of which around 25million in the Aztec empire. Now certainly not all were Mexica, but they certainly acounted for more than 4% of the empire's population.

2_By 1650, there were approximately, in the entire Spanish America, 700,000 "whites" (peninsulares and criollos), 700,000 Africans, 1 million mestizos and 5million Indians. * edit: meaning they were very fram from being "overwhelmed" *

And yes, they did do "some major repopulation" from then on, as their bodies had developped the resistances to the viruses (it is estimated they started developping it around the 3rd generation post-conquest around 1560-70s) and the memory of the Conquest started to fade away: fecundity and natality rates finally picked up and the population started growing again, after roughly 150 years of decline.

3_Today in Mexico, Nahuatl speakers number approximately 2.5million, granted this doesn't take into account the vast numbers who lost the language. How many of those are descendants of the Mexica, I think it's fair to say no one knows.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (copied from the most honorable KA)
Old 09-04-2009
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito21 View Post
Your comment reminds me, you never replied anything to the information I provided in response to your claims on an earlier thread.
And this surprises you why?
Old 06-22-2011
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKNO View Post
I hope you are proud for providing services to an Imperialist country. Are you sure this is not the conquistador blood in you speaking?
Old 06-22-2011
Travieso

*shakes head and walks away*