Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Finance, Business, & Employment

Finance, Business, & Employment Stocks, Bonds, Money Market, Management, Personal Finances; Business Talk, Home Businesses; MLMs; Financial Opportunities; Employment, Help Wanted, Resumes

Old 07-02-2008
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Insurances

Has anyone noticed that their insurance has gone up? Be it on home owners insurance or medical. I dont totally know about vehicle insurance yet. But really, whats the point of it going up. Is the economy really to blame? How is jacking up insurance going to even help the economy or hell make the insurance companies money? I would think they loose more money then they would make.

Since some would go shopping somewhere else for insurance or just do without it all together. They hike it up when they want, but they dont give back or give breaks when one doesnt use it. What i find even more pathetic is that the companies that offer insurance let this happen, or at the very least dont even try to help the employee out by increasing the wages. Which is part of the economy problem right now. You increase the prices of things but leave the wages the same.

Right now for a single person to have insurance at my job they have to pay about $200 a month. I dont have it, i pay like 20 or 30 for a suplimental health insurance, it nothing special and damn sure doesnt cover much, but it will cover some expenses with hospitalization, shoiuld i ever have to be there again. I pay 25 bucks now or so for dental, which i am thinking about canceling, if they let me.
Old 07-27-2010
Gunner

Default Re: Insurances

I only got car insurance, all i know is i got this month free, at least the bill didn't came, and when it does, it's always for one month....i need to go down to take a look at my dad's home insurance though....
Old 09-15-2010
Travieso

Insurance Premiums only rise when there is a rise in usage on part of the person being insured. For example Health insurance has gone up because more people are using the Dr. Office, therefore causing an inflation of insurance premiums. The economy may have something to do with it because more people are looking at ways to scam insurance companies for money. So again, insurances will go up.
Old 09-18-2010
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

since moving to LA car insurance went up. according to them, there are more expensive cars to fuck up around here.

what lady xtzy says makes sense. bad economy usually means people get desperate for money and more like to try and scam the insurance companies. the rest of us basically have to pay for what the scammers do.
Old 09-18-2010
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
since moving to LA car insurance went up. according to them, there are more expensive cars to fuck up around here.

what lady xtzy says makes sense. bad economy usually means people get desperate for money and more like to try and scam the insurance companies. the rest of us basically have to pay for what the scammers do.
Yeah I agree location has everything to do with it. I don't think it has to do with the type of car you have. But the area you live in. High risk area cities might just cause the INS premiums to go up because the probability of it being stolen or vandalized.

Not fair because you can't help where you live. I live in a city near sacrament to and I pay about 30 $ less than a friend that lives in south Sacramento.