Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health

General Health Discuss any Health topics that don't quite fit into any other health forums.

Old 05-20-2009
Estudiante

Send a message via Yahoo to LasBrownEyes
Default depression...

I know this is a seriouse thing now a days and i know alot of people are falling into it...and sadly to say i maybe one of them : [....now i know alot of people on here dont know me that well but im usually upbeat and always laughing [friends call me giggles as a joke cuz im laughing at everything] but now a days i just want to go to my room and cry all the time..life has been pretty rough for me latly [family is the biggest] but im planning to go to the doctors but i need to get the money cuz i dont have insurance and my mom nor dad want to help me out but im so anxiouse to go...ive read up on it and ive seem to have quite a bit of the symthoms..but anywayz i just wanted to tell you [my soyfamily] because i feel real comfy with you guys and know would help me through my time in need...thanks : ]
When i walk by haters stop and stare,
well keep on lookin cuz i don't care.
i got my own life and style,
i aint tryin to please you or make you smile.

"sex is power and money is power, so sex for money is simply the exchange of power" -Samantha [sex in the city]
Old 05-20-2009
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom
Default Re: depression...

Whatever you do make sure and seek all options before they put you on some type of med. Them meds can make things seem better but take away in other apects of your life. I hope this is just a bad spell in time for you rather than a psychological problem. Keep in mind that no matter how things seem to be fucked up and keep getting worse, there will be a time when it will get better. The bitch of it all is finding the strength and will to hold on. Also dont let it lead into coping with it by drinking or drugs....it makes matters way worse.

Find your strength lil mamas!
Old 05-20-2009
Estudiante

aww thankyou..and no meds..1st cuz i dont have the money and 2nd cuz i wanna know that when i get better i know i did it on my own...thankyou so much for ur support

"sex is power and money is power, so sex for money is simply the exchange of power" -Samantha [sex in the city]
Old 05-20-2009
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

no prob PM me if you need to talk or vent. Your too pretty to be depressed.
Old 05-20-2009
Travieso

Send a message via AIM to Lil_JRO Send a message via MSN to Lil_JRO Send a message via Yahoo to Lil_JRO

yeah depression is a motha i remember when i went thru my lil episode.. i tell ya what though now im betta all it takes is time.. and some vicente fernandez lol i know people say dont drink and to an extent its really true but what really helps is music..
Old 05-20-2009
Veterano

If you go to college, they often offer services for students, if you dont have insurance.

And depression really doesnt have much to do with what you look like or how accomplished you may seem to others.
You can look perfect, have all the friends in the world,be a multi-millionaire and still feel shitty about your life.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 05-21-2009
Veterano

Cheer up BrownEyes, we're all here for u!
Find something that u can take u away for a moment
whether that be music, writing, art, etc.
- SD (Butterfingers)
Soldier is my crazyyy freak
SJ is my favorite mod!
Old 05-21-2009
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

I listen to Cumbias to make me happy. I understand what you're going through though and it's tough. My advice is to focus on yourself and your feelings and detach yourself from your surroundings. You need to figure out what makes you happy and focus on only that.

I hope things get better, and Cumbias help believe me...
Old 05-21-2009
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to XxXDrEaMeRXxX

Draw.. or write.. spill ur heart out! it helps.. go out with ur friends.. clean ur room..
That always helps me when Im feeling down..Listen to music ..
Do positive things that u like to do..
Life isnt that bad
Old 05-21-2009
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasBrownEyes View Post
I know this is a seriouse thing now a days and i know alot of people are falling into it...and sadly to say i maybe one of them : [....
Life can not be blissful all the time there must be an equalibirum and you must find it. You shouldn't worry if the majority of people are falling into depression.

now i know alot of people on here dont know me that well but im usually upbeat and always laughing [friends call me giggles as a joke cuz im laughing at everything] but now a days i just want to go to my room and cry all the time..life has been pretty rough for me latly [family is the biggest] but im planning to go to the doctors but i need to get the money cuz i dont have insurance and my mom nor dad want to help me out but im so anxiouse to go...

Life is ever changing and we constant face battles,conflict,lies,oppression on a daily basis. You should go back to being giggles or find the root of your problem and try to resolve it.

Quote:
ive read up on it and ive seem to have quite a bit of the symthoms..but anywayz i just wanted to tell you [my soyfamily] because i feel real comfy with you guys and know would help me through my time in need...thanks : ]
Everyone if questioned in different "ways" will confess to some type of depression. You can either reflect your sadness or your happiness. Try to eating healthy and staying away from depression causing drugs (MSG,ASPARTAME,Alcohol/beer/liqou etc) or at least cutting down on them. Exercise is key and low level sun light.
Old 05-21-2009
Estudiante

In a humble way I might suggest 12 step recovery groups. They are listed in the Yp's, and they are covering all areas of life- in it's various forms of dispair.
You are so right on for sharing with us!

Last edited by La INdiTa; 05-21-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: reason
Old 05-21-2009
Director

Quote:
I know this is a seriouse thing now a days and i know alot of people are falling into it...and sadly to say i maybe one of them : [....now i know alot of people on here dont know me that well but im usually upbeat and always laughing [friends call me giggles as a joke cuz im laughing at everything] but now a days i just want to go to my room and cry all the time..life has been pretty rough for me latly [family is the biggest] but im planning to go to the doctors but i need to get the money cuz i dont have insurance and my mom nor dad want to help me out but im so anxiouse to go...ive read up on it and ive seem to have quite a bit of the symthoms..but anywayz i just wanted to tell you [my soyfamily] because i feel real comfy with you guys and know would help me through my time in need...thanks : ]
R u sure ur not readin too much into it? Mayb you believe you're suffering from depression but usually its a long term thing so perhaps you're jus going through a rough stage in your life but you'll over come it a lot of depression meds dont help symthoms and only end up causing more damage for now I think you should just tryin talkin 2 someone you're comfortable with and seein if that helps if not then u should probably go see a doctor but idk.. meds arent the best result good luck and i hope things begin to look up
Old 05-21-2009
Estudiante

thankyou everyone for there support....and to answer some of the questions...no i do not want meds..likei said in the last post i want to knw i got better on my own..and 2nd i know its not just a rough patch im going through..u know yourself and how u reacte to things and..i just know in my heart and mind that im changing and not in a good way..and yes it could be cuz of stress because ive been dealing with alot of stress latly that i guess i dont know how o handle...and i know music and being with friends help but thinking and hearing myslef out is helping me and i guess what really is hurting me the most is my family not here for me..,,

Old 05-21-2009
Maestro

the last thing you want to do is stay in your room. Most people suffering from depression prefer to sleep and have no motivation to do anything. Go see a doctor ASAP. Sometimes hormonal problems can cause depression. You should push yourself to exercise. Exercising is great because you release endorphins. They help to make you feel "euphoric". Jog around your street block to start off. Then add more distance every week. If you want to do more than just one block, then better. Running sucks at first for some but you soon start getting addicted to it, because it clears your mind, it is very therapeutic. Put your ipod on and run.
Stay up, sis. Praying is also very beneficial.
But what the idiot fails to understand is that: there is no "blond gene" and yet there are people who are born blond
Old 05-22-2009
Fresh Meat!

Hey beautiful brow-eyed girl!

First ov all. I know how u feel. Many around the world suffer from depression. They say even people who have a good life with hardly any struggle end up with depression. In my psychology studies I found that the biggest reason for depression was a large amount ov stress cells that form and attach to ur muscles during a stressful moment for example: fighting with ur man, arguing with family, debating politics or sports, arguing with the creditors over bills or simply worrying too much.

However! there is a solution. It's so simple too. Hot showers, full body massages followed by drinking large amounts of fluids...NO BEER DOESNT COUNT PEOPLE! hehe. Also u can Exercise. Go for long runs or dance. Anything that gets the body to sweat or massages that push the stress cells out.

Another solution is: Listening to up beat, happy music and surround urself with happy people. We are like Tomatoes, if one is spoiled the rest get spoiled. Well the ancient ancestors say that u can absorb other peoples negative vibes.

Hope that helps u. Whatever u do. Do not take anti-depressants. If u are suicidal...those medications will drive u to committing suicide. Trust me I study chemicals. Take care beautiful, by the way ure way to gorgeous to be sad!
Old 05-22-2009
Fresh Meat!

*frowns at being Fresh Meat!
Old 05-22-2009
Estudiante

Try thinking of positive things in your life, find something you really like doing (hobby, instrument, a sport, a course, going out with friends and so on) and focus on that! Distract yourself from your troubles. Other than that, try establishing for yourself what is making you feel low and just cry it all out.

Good luck, I don't think/hope you're depressed, life has its ups and downs, and no matter how down you are..you can always climb back up again.
Old 05-22-2009
Estudiante

Big pharma has freebies-no cash needed..it's like the dope man giving you your first hit "on the house."
Talk to the free-clinic personel or the doctors-they will orient you...because
they (pharm)have the open-dispense incentive available to most head doctors..meaning that a doctor knows how to get you help,but the twist is only if you dig...er' ask.
I have a family member that is on anti-depressants and her child is on anti-hyper kid stuff...when she's inna bind her doc's dispense sample packets..til' she can load up with ease again.
Pharmas can be used for short periods just to help ease the dis...so don't feel like you might be focused on or nothing-the deal is for you to get well.
We often time think that ppl will call us freaks and chit pero frankly...the winner is only you if you manage to get your boat to stay afloat...and seek some support in the areas of perfessionals too...and sometimes keep an open mind that perfessionals can be curanderas/os..native medicine ppl.
Old 05-24-2009
Estudiante

thankyou people once aging for the wonderful advice..but im glad to say im going to the dotors next week and see what will happen....i promise i'll keep u guys posted

p.s. some godd nes did come along i have a new job now starting tommrow so that might take my mind off some things and mybe some stress

Old 05-25-2009
Estudiante

^^^^ Good for you!
Old 05-25-2009
Maestro

Quote:
thankyou people once aging for the wonderful advice..but im glad to say im going to the dotors next week and see what will happen....i promise i'll keep u guys posted

p.s. some godd nes did come along i have a new job now starting tommrow so that might take my mind off some things and mybe some stress
ok good. ask for a med eval..just to see where you are at on the scale.

I saw that you did not want to take meds because you feel you want to beat this on your own...getting on anti-depressants isn't a "Happy pill" they merely assist you in gaining a perspective that may not have been possible otherwise. This is not long term, it is usually coupled with therapy.
Jedi gave good advice...forcing yourself to do things may snap you out of it but if your symptoms dwell deeper you may need professional help.
Good fo you getting a job...this may give you incentive but again your issues will be wating for you when you go home.,
Old 05-25-2009
Gunner

It could just be normal. If youre in your teens or dealing with a shitload of shitload of stress...I know I get overwhelmed sometimes dealing with personal issues, college, and work.
Old 02-14-2011
Fresh Meat!

keep your head up mija
Old 02-14-2011
Supporter
Veterano

~ that was a good 'bump' ^-^
Old 02-16-2011
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustPuppet812 View Post
keep your head up mija
Agree

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee