Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health

General Health Discuss any Health topics that don't quite fit into any other health forums.

Old 09-19-2006
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom
Default Adhd, Add

When and where did this come from? Do you all believe this exists? What are your opinions?

Discuss..............
Old 09-19-2006
Maestro

Default Re: Adhd, Add

*sniff* I've never heard of that before.
Old 09-19-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to El_arriero

There are many theories you can find on the net. One answer is that there are now better diagnoses, whereas in the past you would have been labeled a problem child and spanked or something. Another answer is that the mercury content is some vaccines caused these neural abnormalities. Another answer is that with the availability of drugs like ritalin, it made sense to identify and correct the problem (because now there's something you could actually do about it.) As you can imagine, it is a very controversial topic.

Samuel Adams

Last edited by El_arriero; 09-19-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2006
Meme

There are good arguments and some kinda sorta good evidence for proof of it.. but honestly I think it comes down to a good ass woopin.

I work with two grown men that claim to have it..funny thing is when I'm trying to convey something to them and they start with the wandering eyes shit.......... I yell and rap them on the head........wow....... no more fucking ADD!
funny how that slap on the fucking head cures them huh?
Old 09-19-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to El_arriero

I think people like to get diagnosed for the ritalin (a type of speed) prescription.

Samuel Adams
Old 09-19-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme
There are good arguments and some kinda sorta good evidence for proof of it.. but honestly I think it comes down to a good ass woopin.

No, you're wrong.

My nephew has ADD (in addition to something known as Ausbergers) and if he doesnt take his meds, he's out of control.

I do think this is kind of overdiagnosed. They tried to sell me on this shit when I was in high school and although I do tend to have a short attention span at times, I can usually get it together when I have to.

My brother is sold on the idea that he has this disorder and uses it as a excuse for being a moron and a flake.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 09-19-2006
Meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
No, you're wrong.

My nephew has ADD (in addition to something known as Ausbergers) and if he doesnt take his meds, he's out of control.

I do think this is kind of overdiagnosed. They tried to sell me on this shit when I was in high school and although I do tend to have a short attention span at times, I can usually get it together when I have to.

My brother is sold on the idea that he has this disorder and uses it as a excuse for being a moron and a flake.
I did say there were good arguments for it... but I just have trouble buying it is all.

as for your attention span? you probably just don't give a shit about whatever it is going on at the moment.
Old 09-19-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme
as for your attention span? you probably just don't give a shit about whatever it is going on at the moment.

I of course tend to listen intently to things I find interesting and my mind tends to wander when I'm bored.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 09-19-2006
Meme

I know. I do the same thing. I can be looking you straight in the eyes and thinking about the woman I saw at the store this woman with the amazing ass and not hear word you said.
Old 09-19-2006
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

I have a friends who's little sister has ADD, but her mom is against putting her on medication because of her age, she's 8 years old. They have learned to deal with her add, but it's hard. The girl practically bounces off the wall when I go over. I don't think I could handle her like that all day. It's too much.
Old 11-03-2013
Fresh Meat!

Besides being put on medications, Do you guys know how to discipline a child with adhd or how to control them? any advice..

Last edited by eli0426; 11-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli0426 View Post
Besides being put on medications, Do you guys know how to discipline a child with adhd or how to control them? any advice..

LOL. jk.

Sorry though, Id like to help but I have absolutely no advice, I have no kids of my own, and even though Ive helped father a few, I hate being that person who has no kids, but knows it all when it comes to raising them XD

And youre absolutely gorgeous by the way.

Oh and my name is .... "whaaaat, by name is who, chica-chica Slim Shaady" .. oh there goes a squirrel

Last edited by Bonez956; 11-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2013
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

An assbeating works better than ritalin IMO...
Old 11-04-2013
Fresh Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
An assbeating works better than ritalin IMO...
Assbeating has failed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez956 View Post

LOL. jk.

Sorry though, Id like to help but I have absolutely no advice, I have no kids of my own, and even though Ive helped father a few, I hate being that person who has no kids, but knows it all when it comes to raising them XD

And youre absolutely gorgeous by the way.

Oh and my name is .... "whaaaat, by name is who, chica-chica Slim Shaady" .. oh there goes a squirrel
I don't have any kids of my own either, im jw cuz idk how to get my brother to listen.. its overwhelming sometimes.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2013
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Try to talk to him to see why he acts that way, easier said than done obviously but medication should be a very last resort.
Old 11-04-2013
Director

La chancla > Pills

Yea, meds are nothing but a surface cure.
Old 11-05-2013
Veterano

I'vd read that amphetamine based concentration pills are rampant in universities. So many kids and adults are on Adderall; it's staggering to think how many people we probably interact with on a daily basis, who are essentially on speed.