Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Education

Education A place where students of any grade or anyone doing research can ask for assistance or guidance. Working on a project... share your progress.

Old 12-14-2009
Mocoso

Default Re: Minorities, Education and Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldies Rule Forever1 View Post
yes, cuz in that post i clearly said i know how every chicano lives.

epic fail my friend, try again
Old 12-14-2009
Maestro

Quote:
The bottom line is that chicanos take all the opportunities for granted, and then point the finger at everyone else when they screw up and dont make something of themselves.

excuses, excuses, excuses - thats the chicano way of life
I believe he's referring to this. You seem to lump all "chicanos" together.
Old 12-14-2009
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden arms
You seem to lump all "chicanos" together.
Yes he does. We are all cholos on this site and dress that way.

We also all care what girls in mexico go for. That is.....the girls he deems as worthy, which i believe he has stated was girls of the lighter persuasion with more european features then anything, blonde, light skinned and blue eyes, like his buddy Californio like them.
Old 12-14-2009
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
chicanos have to understand that in Mexico not everyone dresses like cholos or hip hop baggy clothing. in fact that is considered of poor or low class and not very desired by the ladies.

Is that what "Chicanos" all dress like?

You really make a lot of dumb generalizations about Chicanos based on silly stuff you see on t.v. and your very limited experience here in the states.
Since living 20 years in Mexico makes you an expert relative to others on this site, my 29+ years here in the Southwest U.S. tells me that you really don't know shit about Chicanos.

And who really cares what girls from Mexico think is desirable? They think guys dressed like Vaqueros are desirable.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 12-14-2009
Banned User
Veterano

Plus dont alot girls want to marry someone to bring them to the states?
they sure love mofos who can speak english! haha poor Xavi and his
ignorant views

Last edited by Soldier; 12-14-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2009
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

haha xavi es un jotio hijo de papi
Old 12-15-2009
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenArms View Post
I believe he's referring to this. You seem to lump all "chicanos" together.
even if I put the words "some" or "a lot" before chicanos people would get offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
Yes he does. We are all cholos on this site and dress that way.

We also all care what girls in mexico go for. That is.....the girls he deems as worthy, which i believe he has stated was girls of the lighter persuasion with more european features then anything, blonde, light skinned and blue eyes, like his buddy Californio like them.
alot of chicanos dress like that, which is heavily influenced by hip hop culture and is more present in Hispanic communities throughout the USA. sure not everyone dresses like that but alot do.

there's a bit of everything in Mexico, depending where you are but no, worthiness is not just girls that fit that description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
Is that what "Chicanos" all dress like?

You really make a lot of dumb generalizations about Chicanos based on silly stuff you see on t.v. and your very limited experience here in the states.
Since living 20 years in Mexico makes you an expert relative to others on this site, my 29+ years here in the Southwest U.S. tells me that you really don't know shit about Chicanos.

And who really cares what girls from Mexico think is desirable? They think guys dressed like Vaqueros are desirable.
29 years in the same place makes you an expert? dude, ive been to the southwest, west coast, midwest and east coast in the USA. while it's not the same in every part of the country you do find many similarities. all "cut from the same cloth" in a sense. you'll find some cholo looking chicanos with shaved heads in southwest, in LA, in Chicago, in DC. you do find some chicanos that dress normal no doubt. ive been to texas as well like san antonio, dallas and alot of tejanos do dress normal, which might be due to the % of 2nd, 3rd generations +

depending on area in Mexico, some girls do find "vaqueros" desirable, thats no lie. especially in rural areas of some of the northern states that's pretty much the norm. throughout cities in Mexico though, the culture is slightly different and the vaquero phenomenon is not as strong. vaqueros are not as prevalent and what's desirable changes as well. in cities, folks are more stylish in a sense, and that dictates what women/men find desirable in the opposite sex
Old 12-15-2009
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Anyone who feels the need to give out his/her cultural resume is obviously a fake.
Old 12-15-2009
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

u know u cholos are all sitting behind ur screens in dickies, cortezs and wife beaters.
Old 12-15-2009
Banned User
Maestro

Send a message via ICQ to Unido Send a message via AIM to Unido Send a message via MSN to Unido Send a message via Yahoo to Unido

lol these nerds aren't cholos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
nah, but I tore up your daughter...
that's one talented future cock-sucker of America you have there
must take after her dad
http://www.soychicano.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=24
Old 12-15-2009
Maestro

Quote:
even if I put the words "some" or "a lot" before chicanos people would get offended.
Possibly, but you wouldn't come off as such an ignorant prick.
Old 12-15-2009
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Quote:
you'll find some cholo looking chicanos with shaved heads in southwest, in LA, in Chicago, in DC. x
lol@ shaved head means your a cholo.
Old 12-15-2009
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
lol@ shaved head means your a cholo.

lol, I guess my kids are cholos in the summer. As is the gentlemen who prefers a clean bald head over a bologna head.

This guy is on his way to being jumped in.

"You can give me some head but keep the breakfast in bed, I'd rather spend my morning digging through some records instead" - Devin the Dude. GOAT Pimp MC
Old 12-13-2011
♥ =) ♥
Maestro

I'm lucky to have close ties with a nice group of Latinos at my University. The bonds I've developed with them are some that I will cherish for the rest of my life. We come from all types of backgrounds, some of us are of Mexican descent and others are of Chilean, Bolivian, Argentinian and Salvadorian descent so there is a nice variety. I definitely see more support from the Latino community in attending my University than I did when I attended a local community college (but that may be because clubs and organizations aren't encouraged there). I wouldn't say I've had to deal with a lot of discrimination because of my race--the staff and professors at my University (both white and non-white) are extremely supportive of our successes and we often gather to celebrate our accomplishments and support one another in different events.

Most recently, in being part of another group I've noticed some remarks from one member being targeted towards Mexicans. They're not extremely offensive if not irritating. This individual always makes remarks in the line of: "Do Mexicans do this/that, do you guys eat this at all, and so on. Honestly, I can let those slide.

Even in rallying for The Dream Act, we had a lot of White folks support our cause. It's truly quite a wonderful experience to see that so many support and fight for the causes we believe in here at my University. I hope to see our community progress and will continue to fight for the causes that affect us.

Last edited by Nina; 12-13-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2011
Gunner

^^^ That's one of the best things about going to higher education institutions. Smart like-minded people from all backgrounds can together and make things happen. Even if this economy don't play nice with your accomplished title, the people & the experience with them makes it worthwhile..at least that's what I think.