Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Racism in the world

Racism in the world Got something to say about racism? Speak your mind here

Old 10-09-2007
Maestro

Default Re: Law Enforcement Racial Profiling....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-TOWN View Post
it happened a month ago

i dont have a copy of the ticket because he didnt give me one
i was just pulled over, i felt it was harassment, it happens often
i didnt know I had the right to call IA
i havent made any steps because I dont know what rights I have...
Did you at least get the badge number or a name? The law enforcement officals are required to give their names and/or badge numbers.

Next time this happens, please read their last name on their name tag and request a badge number. I will call them on behalf of you.

"...make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty..." - Obama

"...make sure that they're learning English..." - Obama
Old 10-09-2007
Veterano

nexxt time... I will ...
Old 10-09-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-TOWN View Post
nexxt time... I will ...

I would be more than happy to help. It's important to know our rights.....

If law enforcement officers are pulling Latino's over for no reason at all and if you believe you there is "racial profiling" occurring, please get their name, badge number, date and time of the incident.

Almost all law enforcement officers will run a check on your tag and D.L. so those "checks" are recorded on a log. It will be easy for IA to investigate that officer, but more importantly......you are drawing attention to a possible "bad law enforcement officer". He would be wise to not do too many of those stops, or if he does....he will be sure to have a more legitimate reason to pull someone over.

Old 10-11-2007
Banned User
Veterano

i noticed something around here. the police here only classify you as white or black. nothing in between.

all hispanics are labeled as white.

this is the inmate list for people in washington county jail (which is in hillsboro, oregon) click on a letter read where it say race under the spanish named individuals.

http://pswebpub.co.washington.or.us/jms/incustody/
Old 10-11-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL SALSA View Post
all hispanics are labeled as white.
That is because how they classify us on our birth certificates.

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power. ~Gerry Spence
Old 10-11-2007
Veterano

^^ I think there's a thread about that .. didn't Aztec Chef bring that up?

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 10-11-2007
Banned User
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0l0man View Post
That is because how they classify us on our birth certificates.
I never noticed that...im a check mine when i get home..

but strikes me as odd..is how they get all these numbers about the races they pull over or commit crimes, if they only use Black or White?
Old 10-12-2007
Maestro

Where do you get they only use Black and White? I'm sure if your last name is of Spanish origin they check that Hispanic box.

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power. ~Gerry Spence
Old 10-17-2007
Maestro

I think it's funny after they pull you over to find, to their surprise, you speak better English than they do. LOL.

This is an excellent thread, DD. Something has to be done about cops who practice racial profiling.
Quote:
well i guess i'm one of you now
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon View Post
Hillsboro fag!
Quote:
...how the fuck did you know i was from hillsboro?
Old 10-24-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMade_Meskin View Post
Man my uncle is the same way...He's always backing up the fuckin pigs jus cuz he is one!

We always tell him stuff and he gets all hurt when we say stuff like that. What i hate the most is how he always be tellin stories how he harrased people and he thinks its all funny and shit how he took down some ese because of this or that...its jus fucked up.

I never met a straight pig so i usually stereotype them all and its sad. FUCK THE CHORIZO!!! lol
That's true. I think one of the things that gets to my family is the fact that when one of our family members become cops, all of a sudden thats their new family. Then the fucker comes to the family get togethers and wants to be shown love. Shit the whole family knows where we stand and it's not cool. One time at a barbecue the shit got fucked up. All the younger gen. were a few yards away smoking their cheeba and one of the little pigs shows up. He saw them and started making police comments and dogging them. Trying to assert his authority. Even though I didn't agree with the younger fools smoking so close to the elders and I understand a cop is 24 hours. We got pissed by his attitude and comments. Two of my cousins and myself cornered him by the ice chests and told him that he wasn't a cop right now and that he was family. You could tell it was uncomfortable. But fuck it family is more important in my opinion than enforcing petty laws............white mens laws.

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Old 10-24-2007
Veterano

^^ Agreed .. we have an asshole like that in our family that pulls the same crap at our get togethers as well - asserting his authority where there's NOTHING happening .. he's NOW the new chief of police I've heard recently - that should make things even more ugly!! He's an idiot!! Noone even likes him .. family or no!!

Old 10-24-2007
Veterano

They are worse when they are around their cop buddies!!

Old 10-24-2007
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Law Enforcement Racial Profiling is Illegal.

The authorities should not stop people via traffic stops because of the "color of their skin". They must have probable cause for their traffic stops in the first place (this excludes DUI type of safety check points).

If you know any Latino/Hispanic United States Citizen(s) who are victim(s) to racial profiling please let us know here. I will gather that information and get a Civil Rights Attorney on the case if those individual(s) need any help. I can help, and am confident there are others who will help, too.

It is discouraging to me (in light of the immigration debate) to hear that Latinos are being stopped by law enforcement officers due to racial profiling.

*Note to a moderator: Will you please make this a sticky thread for a small period of time?

This is good information.
Old 10-24-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsagleaming View Post
at least if you guyz get into trouble the cop relative can help you out right?^^^
yeah right. You ever hear of a cop relative helping you out???
Shit! My cop relatives wouldn't even use their "precious" database to get me your address and number.

Old 10-25-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyCatracho View Post
I think it's funny after they pull you over to find, to their surprise, you speak better English than they do. LOL.

This is an excellent thread, DD. Something has to be done about cops who practice racial profiling.
Thanks! Thanks, Sipajpe.

Old 10-28-2007
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyCatracho View Post
Perhaps, if we get this excellent thread up to 50 pages, racial profiling will end?
Post on this thread to end racial profiling by cops!
Old 10-30-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Thanks! Thanks, Sipajpe.
You are welcome, Sunsagleaming.
Quote:
well i guess i'm one of you now
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon View Post
Hillsboro fag!
Quote:
...how the fuck did you know i was from hillsboro?
Old 10-30-2007
Veterano

LOL .. huh?

Old 06-19-2008
Chicle

You know, I had a case of racial profiling last christmas eve. I was at friends house when I got a call that another frined of mine was in trouble and was about to get jumped by some other kats. Who it was? I have no clue. So I went out looking for him with my little brother and my friend Jamar to make sure he doesn't get hurt or do anything stupid. His dad was on his way home from Iraq and was due in Seattle on christmas day. Well we go thru Lakewood searching for him. From school to parks to alley ways we look for him. We start to head to his house to see if he's there but then we decide to look at one more spot so we go looking. Well, we come to this stop sign and I see this cop car sitting in this drive way. We pass him and then his head lights come on. As soon as that happened I thought SHIT!!! We're gonna get pulled for some bullshit. So I looked at Jamar and said watch, they are going to pull us over. Jamar said no they're not. So we keep driving and start going towards Albertsons. As we come up the hill I see another squad car sitting in the middle of the road. As soon as we see that car the squad car behind us turns his lights on and pulls us over. We pull into this apartment complex and he comes up and says, "We have a report of a burglery in this area. It was three black males described leaving the scene and you three match the description." I looked at him and said, "three black males huh?" I looked at Jamar who is black and then my brother who is DAY BRIGHT! (We're mixed black and mexican) then at myself and then said, well he's black. Me and my brother are latino. Then he said well you look like your black. Then I said actually Puerto Rican (cuz we look it). Then he stopped, thought about it and said yea you do. Can I see your liscense and registration and your Ids please. So I handed him my military ID and he said you dont have a state id. So I pulled out my temp drivers liscense and gave it to him. Then he started yellin at my brother to put his hands on in his lap. my brother was sitting in the back twiddlin his thumbs. So I told my brother to do as the cop said. Then he asked my brother if he had an Id and my brother told him no. So he proceeded to harass my lil brother and ask him 21 questions on why he didnt have his school ID or a state ID. He was 15 at the time. Why would he have a state ID? I didnt have mine until I was 18. Then he started asking me 21 questions. Where I'm stationed, why i was in town, who my commanding officer is....like he knows him. Why is my brother with me....cuz hes my damm brother. What branch of service I'm in. It says on the damm id. Then he goes and runs our names and everything come back clean. Then he proceeds to tell my friend the acronym for his car and that they look for cars like his. He was driving a 1980 Cutlass Supreme. I was heated at this fucker. So heated I forgot his damm badge number. Then he let us go.

They did the same thing to my mother and my uncle. They held my mother without warrant because someone with same first and last name but a different middle name had outstanding warrants on the other side of the state. They would talk loud to let everyone know what was going on. Humiliation. They would pull my uncle over under the suspicion that he would have drugs or a weapon on him because he was driving a 64 Impala. They would search his car and all they could get him for was a cracked windshield. WTF

Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of
slaves for tyranny - Emiliano Zapata in a letter to Pancho Villa
Old 06-19-2008
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoose View Post
You know, I had a case of racial profiling last christmas eve. I was at friends house when I got a call that another frined of mine was in trouble and was about to get jumped by some other kats. Who it was? I have no clue. So I went out looking for him with my little brother and my friend Jamar to make sure he doesn't get hurt or do anything stupid. His dad was on his way home from Iraq and was due in Seattle on christmas day. Well we go thru Lakewood searching for him. From school to parks to alley ways we look for him. We start to head to his house to see if he's there but then we decide to look at one more spot so we go looking. Well, we come to this stop sign and I see this cop car sitting in this drive way. We pass him and then his head lights come on. As soon as that happened I thought SHIT!!! We're gonna get pulled for some bullshit. So I looked at Jamar and said watch, they are going to pull us over. Jamar said no they're not. So we keep driving and start going towards Albertsons. As we come up the hill I see another squad car sitting in the middle of the road. As soon as we see that car the squad car behind us turns his lights on and pulls us over. We pull into this apartment complex and he comes up and says, "We have a report of a burglery in this area. It was three black males described leaving the scene and you three match the description." I looked at him and said, "three black males huh?" I looked at Jamar who is black and then my brother who is DAY BRIGHT! (We're mixed black and mexican) then at myself and then said, well he's black. Me and my brother are latino. Then he said well you look like your black. Then I said actually Puerto Rican (cuz we look it). Then he stopped, thought about it and said yea you do. Can I see your liscense and registration and your Ids please. So I handed him my military ID and he said you dont have a state id. So I pulled out my temp drivers liscense and gave it to him. Then he started yellin at my brother to put his hands on in his lap. my brother was sitting in the back twiddlin his thumbs. So I told my brother to do as the cop said. Then he asked my brother if he had an Id and my brother told him no. So he proceeded to harass my lil brother and ask him 21 questions on why he didnt have his school ID or a state ID. He was 15 at the time. Why would he have a state ID? I didnt have mine until I was 18. Then he started asking me 21 questions. Where I'm stationed, why i was in town, who my commanding officer is....like he knows him. Why is my brother with me....cuz hes my damm brother. What branch of service I'm in. It says on the damm id. Then he goes and runs our names and everything come back clean. Then he proceeds to tell my friend the acronym for his car and that they look for cars like his. He was driving a 1980 Cutlass Supreme. I was heated at this fucker. So heated I forgot his damm badge number. Then he let us go.

They did the same thing to my mother and my uncle. They held my mother without warrant because someone with same first and last name but a different middle name had outstanding warrants on the other side of the state. They would talk loud to let everyone know what was going on. Humiliation. They would pull my uncle over under the suspicion that he would have drugs or a weapon on him because he was driving a 64 Impala. They would search his car and all they could get him for was a cracked windshield. WTF
Damn, what a suspense filled story. That's good writing there. I've had similar experiences myself and that's why I have very little respect for the popo. It's a crazy experience for your 15 year old bro and you who is serving this country to have to go through some bullshit like this.

Looks like this pig was itchin' to pull the trigger on anyone who isn't white. What state did this occur in? Because whatever that state is, anyone who is Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc. is considered Black no matter what

Fuck the Police
AnyMedia
Click here to download it.

Body Rott
AnyMedia

Cop Killer
AnyMedia
Peltier's Beat Goes On
I pay taxes because those in law enforcement or the military industrial complex
depend on me to "Support the Police" & "Support The Troops"
or in other words to pay for their welfare and socialism benefits.

Last edited by Ralo El Dorado; 06-19-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2008
Chicle

this was back in washington state. a lot of bull shit happens out here. honestly it doesnt matter what you are out here. u look a certain way ur sniped out by the police. I'm half black half mexican and in the eyes of them that hold the badge and the gun. I already got two strikes.

Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of
slaves for tyranny - Emiliano Zapata in a letter to Pancho Villa
Old 03-29-2009
Estudiante

And in the news March 2009-Dallas cop stops BLACK man who's mother in law dies while he detains him to cite him for running a stop or a light or some stupid chit-it's all over the tube-perros racsitas.
Old 03-29-2009
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

The guy is a pro football player. I guess kanye was right.

"even if u in a Benz u still a nigga in coup"

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 03-29-2009
Estudiante

k gacho right?
Old 03-29-2009
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Word. Not at all surprising, tho.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon