Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Racism in the world

Racism in the world Got something to say about racism? Speak your mind here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
I believe you should kind of shut the fuck up with your suggestions. But thats just a suggestion as well.

I bet you think because one doesnt continue schooling they are automatically dumb, right?
But i digress, i dont have to visit the country, or watch the shows to comment, since i can and HAVE read the statements in this thread. SO i can base an argument or point of view on it anyways. SO back to, SHUTTING THE FUCK UP with your silly suggestions.
suggestions of what? that you cant make a legitimate assessment of la india maria because you dont understand Mexican culture enough? dude, you said it yourself, you dont visit the country and dont watch the movies. thats a fact, not a suggestion. HOW ignorant and stupid you are on things Mexican is a suggestion, but there's no denying you are because you've already proved it in more threads than 1.

you draw conclusion based on what you read in an internet forum? LMAO
dude, honestly - i could care less if you didnt even finish middle school just as long as you shut up rather than arguing stuff you have absolutely no idea about. even a retard knows when to shut up
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-12-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

So he dont understand Mexican culture just like you try to pretend you understand Chicano culture?
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-12-2010
puro guanatos puro guanatos is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco
Posts: 228
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
People need to calm down and laugh. Those movies make me laugh, I enjoy it. I got a couple of her movies on VHS...
Yeah, as easy as that...it's a good suggestion for those who haven't watched her movies, once you had, you'll make you own conclusion, just for you because the only thing we can agree with is that these movies make everyone crack up and laugh and were just made for entertainment as many other movies with different funny characters.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-12-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Ni de Aqui Ni de alla was pretty funny
I honestly never though of them as being racist or what not
but everyone has a right to their own opinions.
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
suggestions of what? that you cant make a legitimate assessment of la india maria because you dont understand Mexican culture enough? dude, you said it yourself, you dont visit the country and dont watch the movies. thats a fact, not a suggestion. HOW ignorant and stupid you are on things Mexican is a suggestion, but there's no denying you are because you've already proved it in more threads than 1.

you draw conclusion based on what you read in an internet forum? LMAO
dude, honestly - i could care less if you didnt even finish middle school just as long as you shut up rather than arguing stuff you have absolutely no idea about. even a retard knows when to shut up
lmfao! Okay, okay. Whatever you say. I based my conclusion for this topic THIS THREAD, on whats been posted so far. Yes on a internet forum, in which the topic was raised. I guess you failed to know where the fuck you were posting.

lol@ how ignorant i am. When i fully have admitted more then once to not know everything about mexico and many others things. Yet it is funny that you, MR. I AM A DOUCHE BAG, try to come off as a END ALL KNOW ALL ON ALL THINGS MEXICAN, U.S, Chicano, ect. When you know jack shit.

I didnt say i dont visit, i havent visited. But i know plenty of people who have, like, hey, PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

SO yeah, fuck your suggestion, cause thats all it is in the end, that and stupid as shit mumbo jumbo.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

know jackshit? haha, I was born and raised in Mexico - lived there for most of my life. How many years have you or other people in this forum lived in Mexico? obviously, YOU havent so kindly STFU.

I may not know ALL things about chicanos but I have lived in the states 5 years to know enough.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-12-2010
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
kn
I may not know ALL things about chicanos but I have lived in the states 5 years to know enough.
Based on all your ignorant comments, 5 years has not been nearly enough.

I think it would be arrogant of me to live in Mexico for 5 years and then claim I knew just as much about "Mexican culture" as anyone else living there.
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

ignorant comments of chicanos such as?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-12-2010
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
ignorant comments of chicanos such as?
Well, your thorough knowledge of how we all think.

How we all dress

How we just behave in general
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

is it not true that some chicanos dress like gangbangers aka cholos?

is it not true that some chicanos dont assimilate into american society as well and have trouble socializing with other ethnic groups such as whites?

is it not true that some chicanos dont know spanish and/or lack an understanding of who mexico and its people are?

is it not true that some chicanos underachieve and end up in drugs, droppin out, jail?

is it not true that some chicanos have identity issues?
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-12-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

I lived in Mexico for 9 years, and I visited many times

is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico also dress like cholos

is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico act like whites and maybe even blacks from the US

is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico dont not english and/or lack an understanding of what Chicanos are or who we act

is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico underachive and end up doing medial jobs and or going to jail

is not true that Mexicans come here and end up acting like another ethnic group like whites, blacks, Puerto Ricans
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi
I was born and raised in Mexico - lived there for most of my life.
and this makes you an expert on EVERYTHING MEXICAN? Is that what your trying to say, FAIL BITCH!
I was born and raised in the U.S, i am Mexican. yet i dont know everything about everyone in the U.S. Nor do i know everything about Mexicans born in the U.S. Nor do i know all about immigrants.

I was born, raised, still live and love Texas, yet i dont pretend to know EVERY MOTHERFUCKING THINGS ABOUT TEXAS AND THE PEOPLE WITHIN.

Now, what i do know is history. What i do know is it is impossible for ANYONE PERSON to know everything about every single place, unless of course it is the specific place they have lived and gone around all over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi
How many years have you or other people in this forum lived in Mexico?
Ask them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi
I may not know ALL things about chicanos but I have lived in the states 5 years to know enough.
well obviously 5 yrs isnt enough, go back and try again.

For one, you would know that not all Mexican born U.S people consider themselves chicanos, nor do they refer to themselves as such. tHATS JUST ONE OF MANY THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Like your buddy Californio, a little humility would do you a world of good. You dont know everything, and because you were born somewhere doesnt make you an expert about EVERYTHING, only your own house, and maybe your city, maybe.

Thats one thing you should start on.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
and this makes you an expert on EVERYTHING MEXICAN? Is that what your trying to say, FAIL BITCH!
makes me more of an expert on Mexican things than you, yes. are you more of an expert on american things? yes, because you are an american born and raised in the usa. you just happen to not fit into the typical "american" box because of your name and look, and thats why youre in this forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
I was born, raised, still live and love Texas, yet i dont pretend to know EVERY MOTHERFUCKING THINGS ABOUT TEXAS AND THE PEOPLE WITHIN.
ofcourse, but if someone who had never been to texas and didnt know squat about the place started talking nonsense about the place, you would put them in their place. and yes, you would be more of an authority figure because of your background. same case with Mexico and real Mexicans

Quote:
well obviously 5 yrs isnt enough, go back and try again.

For one, you would know that not all Mexican born U.S people consider themselves chicanos, nor do they refer to themselves as such. tHATS JUST ONE OF MANY THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
no shit that not all call themselves chicano. you call yourself mexican dont you? how do you justify that? you've never been to the place, you know little about the culture, do you speak spanish, do you recognize mexican holidays? please, enlighten me
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico also dress like cholos
true

Quote:
is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico act like whites and maybe even blacks from the US
true

Quote:
is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico dont not english and/or lack an understanding of what Chicanos are or who we act
true, not many know who chicanos are. often, kids born in the usa are just referred to as gringos or gabachos.

Quote:
is it not true that some Mexicans from Mexico underachive and end up doing medial jobs and or going to jail
ofcourse, but the infrastructure, system, resources, and opportunities are not like the usa

Quote:
is not true that Mexicans come here and end up acting like another ethnic group like whites, blacks, Puerto Ricans
ive never seen/heard this but its possible

no reason to freak out or get offended. this stuff is true just like the stuff i pointed out is true too. I find some chicanos to get easily offended of statements like those, but theyre true.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi
no shit that not all call themselves chicano. you call yourself mexican dont you? how do you justify that? you've never been to the place, you know little about the culture, do you speak spanish, do you recognize mexican holidays? please, enlighten me






just more


I am mexican because of my ancestry. That all i need to call myself Mexican. Fuck you and your spanish. And you can assume all you want, but because i do not AGREE with you, doesnt mean i dont know or have an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi
makes me more of an expert on Mexican things than you, yes
lol, NO, AND NO. No every minute of the day and every day of the week. Look, what is so hard to get through your thick, conceded ass skull, that you dont know EVERYTHING MEXICO?

Do you know were you were raised? Probably, BUT HOW BIG IS MEXICO AGAIN? I fully doubt you are ALL OF MEXICO, fool.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-12-2010
puro guanatos puro guanatos is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco
Posts: 228
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post

no shit that not all call themselves chicano. you call yourself mexican dont you? how do you justify that? you've never been to the place, you know little about the culture, do you speak spanish, do you recognize mexican holidays? please, enlighten me
One of the reasons I joined Soy was the fact that there's lot of mexican blood running here. Either born in México or USA to me is still of my raza. If born in USA wasn't her fault, they were thrown over there because the immigration. I say, if a chicano born in USA proudly claims he/she is Mexican of course he/she'll be recgnized as such ...To me it's enough justification,because mexicaness lies in your heart and in your blood and nobody has the right to say the contrary.

Last edited by puro guanatos; 03-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puros guanatos
One of the reasons I joined Soy was the fact that there's lot of mexican blood running here. Either born in México or USA to me is still of my raza. If born in USA wasn't her fault, they were thrown over there because the immigration. I say, if a chicano born in USA proudly claims he/her is Mexican of course he/she'll be recgnized as such ...To me it's enough justification,because mexicaness lies in your heart and in your blood and nobody has the right to say the contrary.
To add to the original topic. Lets compare India Maria to other shows like hers. Since some would argue that "UNLESS YOUR IN MEXICO YOU DONT KNOW...."

Look at Tom Mix movies from the 40's and 50's. Now i dont recall seeing them, but i am sure as a kid i saw one or 2 of the movies. Ask the Mexicans growing up back then, how it made them feel to see Tom Mix whoop up on some Mexicans in the movies.

Lets look at Buck Wheat from The Little Rascals, for example. Ya have a bunch of little white boys and one stereotypical black kid. Was it comedy? Sure. Was it racist? Possibly.
Exactly.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
lol, NO, AND NO. No every minute of the day and every day of the week. Look, what is so hard to get through your thick, conceded ass skull, that you dont know EVERYTHING MEXICO?

Do you know were you were raised? Probably, BUT HOW BIG IS MEXICO AGAIN? I fully doubt you are ALL OF MEXICO, fool.
so you're challengin me that you know more about mexico and the culture than me?

LOL
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-12-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
To add to the original topic. Lets compare India Maria to other shows like hers. Since some would argue that "UNLESS YOUR IN MEXICO YOU DONT KNOW...."

Look at Tom Mix movies from the 40's and 50's. Now i dont recall seeing them, but i am sure as a kid i saw one or 2 of the movies. Ask the Mexicans growing up back then, how it made them feel to see Tom Mix whoop up on some Mexicans in the movies.

Lets look at Buck Wheat from The Little Rascals, for example. Ya have a bunch of little white boys and one stereotypical black kid. Was it comedy? Sure. Was it racist? Possibly.
Exactly.
awesome this "Mexican" naming off American movies one after another, yet had no idea who the fuck la india maria was or her movies.

LOL
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi
so you're challengin me that you know more about mexico and the culture than me?
Did i say i was? What i can promise you, is you dont know everything. There are people on this site living in mexico, RIGHT NOW. Some who are older and was born there and moved here. But you, you are the one to seem to know EVERYTHING MEXICO. Again, you fail. Plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi
awesome this "Mexican" naming off American movies one after another, yet had no idea who the fuck la india maria was or her movies.

LOL
We are on the continent known as "America" dipshit. But yes, i am naming U.S comparing U.S movies, and whats your point? You obviously ran out of an argument once i started to compared similar circumstances.

And we all know you have reading comphrension skills, cause i said I HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIES. I never said i never heard of her.

And incase you have missed it, you have given your VERSION of what her movies were about. And JUST BY YOUR SUMMARY, yes sure as fuck sounds slightly racist to me. But we all already know you dont give a fuck if it is racist, cause as you have said, IT JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE IN MEXICO. As if thats JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE makes it right.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-12-2010
El Californio's Avatar
El Californio El Californio is offline
Director
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 6,456
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puro guanatos View Post
One of the reasons I joined Soy was the fact that there's lot of mexican blood running here. Either born in México or USA to me is still of my raza. If born in USA wasn't her fault, they were thrown over there because the immigration. I say, if a chicano born in USA proudly claims he/she is Mexican of course he/she'll be recgnized as such ...To me it's enough justification,because mexicaness lies in your heart and in your blood and nobody has the right to say the contrary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-12-2010
Nortekman Nortekman is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puro guanatos View Post
One of the reasons I joined Soy was the fact that there's lot of mexican blood running here. Either born in México or USA to me is still of my raza. If born in USA wasn't her fault, they were thrown over there because the immigration. I say, if a chicano born in USA proudly claims he/she is Mexican of course he/she'll be recgnized as such ...To me it's enough justification,because mexicaness lies in your heart and in your blood and nobody has the right to say the contrary.
¿Cual raza o sangre hace a alguien mexicano? ¿Y quien reconoce a los chicanos/pochos como mexicanos? Por lo que he visto, gran parte de la poblacion mexicana los considera como gringos.

Y respecto a la India Maria, ya dejenla, es solo un personaje popular, que a mi punto de vista no es para nada racista. ¿Para ustedes, que es lo que la hace un personaje racista?

Last edited by Nortekman; 03-12-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-13-2010
Eseloco's Avatar
Eseloco Eseloco is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 284
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortekman View Post
¿Cual raza o sangre hace a alguien mexicano? ¿Y quien reconoce a los chicanos/pochos como mexicanos? Por lo que he visto, gran parte de la poblacion mexicana los considera como gringos.
Yo naci aqui en los Estados Unidos. Si mis padres y hermanos son de Mexico y si los padres de mis padres son de Mexico, que soy?

No creo que mi familia me reconoce como un gringo. Nel, Soy Mexicano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortekman View Post
Y respecto a la India Maria, ya dejenla, es solo un personaje popular, que a mi punto de vista no es para nada racista. ¿Para ustedes, que es lo que la hace un personaje racista?
De que yo sepa, la palabra "India/Indio" se usa a referir a una persona que es ignorante.

The term is used in a derogatory or pejorative manner. Some individuals would equate the portrayal of that negative stereotype as racist.
__________________
The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood, sweat and effort. So pay freely and travel proudly
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-13-2010
Xavi Xavi is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
Did i say i was? What i can promise you, is you dont know everything. There are people on this site living in mexico, RIGHT NOW. Some who are older and was born there and moved here. But you, you are the one to seem to know EVERYTHING MEXICO. Again, you fail. Plain and simple.
go back a couple posts.

i said that yes i was more of an expert than you on mexico things and you said NO and NO. so if you say no, then that means you must be challenging that argument. so prove then that you know than me. if not then STFU and quit going off topic. i dont know everything about mexico but I do know more than you, end of story.

either way, I'm done with you. Is the portrayal of la india maria racist? you know if i still lived in Mexico i would say no but having lived in the USA and seeing how people here are racist sensitive i would say by american standards yes.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-13-2010
Eseloco's Avatar
Eseloco Eseloco is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 284
Default Re: India Maria: Positive or Negative Stereo type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
go back a couple posts.

i said that yes i was more of an expert than you on mexico things and you said NO and NO. so if you say no, then that means you must be challenging that argument. so prove then that you know than me. if not then STFU and quit going off topic. i dont know everything about mexico but I do know more than you, end of story.

either way, I'm done with you. Is the portrayal of la india maria racist? you know if i still lived in Mexico i would say no but having lived in the USA and seeing how people here are racist sensitive i would say by american standards yes.
The United States has a very violent and deadly history in regards to racism. Is racism a concept that is more acceptable in Mexico Xavi?
__________________
The road is solitary and long and the tolls must be paid with blood, sweat and effort. So pay freely and travel proudly
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.