Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Racism in the world

Racism in the world Got something to say about racism? Speak your mind here

Old 12-23-2011
Prospect

Default Re: HUMAN SACRIFICE AMONG THE AZTECS?

It is strange that the claimed atrocities of the Aztecs (like human sacrifice) was being reported to Spain, and was a reason the Spanish could feel justified in taking off with Aztec gold.
Today when reading in the news about how outraged Mrs. Clinton is with some barbaric Arab custom...well, it just made me think about the Aztecs. Is it not true that these people in the Mid East are in possession of another highly desired resource-oil?
I appreciate what you wrote about Aztec human sacrifice, it was great, but the bottem line is still that these Spanish were outsiders, fresh from all the killing, wars, and inquisitions of their own in Europe. Who were they to come to someone elses land, and decide what was barbaric?
Old 10-16-2013
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to GG_Drea Send a message via Yahoo to GG_Drea

My younger cousin was recently taught these lies about the Aztec peoples and I was so angry about her teacher made sure these students believed these lies. She was also taught that the Aztecs were cannibals and ate the spaniards after sacrificing them. I tried to refute what she learned but made me realize how little I knew myself and how I need to get educated about our history.

So big thanks to those who promote and teach the truth about indigenous peoples.
Old 10-16-2013
Veterano

my sister is one of those morons that regurgitates this kind of rhetoric. I simply asked 'well, isnt the story of Jesus also a story of human sacrifice?"

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee