Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > What's in the News

What's in the News Have a discussion about something going on in the News

Old 01-02-2012
Gunner

Default obama signs NDAA...

lmaoo welcome to the gitmo states of america! happy new years.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...n-act-into-law
Old 01-02-2012
Chicle

Arrow Re: obama signs NDAA...

If the totality of this article is true, then it only confirms what the Government already knows , foresees and is planning to come.

A Major world war is about to take place in the near future, that may be a lot worse than most people have expected to come for awhile.

I would not be surprised how many spies we have in the Country and how many traitors besides the tea baggery/extremism from the republican voter base. Trying to turn a buck on the backs of the American people.

Maybe, both parties defense wise already know something we dont is coming, either way, we must keep our country safe, the playing rules must have changed and the greater threat and the intel must match the threat level within our country, that is how i see it.

Not sure, but most people in today's society are so lazy theres no such thing as quality very often seen, people dont take pride in their work. Im sure its
in every facet of Agencies too, that those who are supposed to help protect and serve are, just as lazy and careless, as long as they get through the day to get a check, and watch the clock.

wouldnt surprise me.
I will say this, it only took two years to do what bush couldnt do in 8, besides tear an entire country down which couldnt defend itself and surrendered in two weeks for not having anything to do with attacking the homeland. Not to mention, didn't keep America safe, and never accomplished any mission, other than leaving no jobs behind , and a 8 trillion dollar debt he spent.
so, if i was going to ask which president kept America safe, and safer. well, i would say definitely Obama, but to use this type of Power , would be to nullify the peoples rights, the supreme court justice republican chief , had re designed the powers of the President to abuse and circumvent the law at will and whim, under Bush era.
Now, it appears to have made itself ok for the rest to use. Somethings have to change, and i agree this is one of them, otherwise , whos to say what the state governments will do to change the constitution to allow themselves to become their own sovereignty and dissolve the union.
while sucking its tax funds dry and saving their own. Red states have the highest revenue from triple taxation, from slush funding the fed tax funds.

The lesser of the evils and more competent, proves worthy to be elected, there still is a radical distinct difference in use and abuse of powers.
although, its looking rough with the threat of poverty, recession and a major world war to get the power and jobs back in America.
I would like to see the power stripped from the Supreme Court, and all these laws revoked like the patriot act and this new law.
somethings gotta give.

Last edited by ChicanoParty; 01-02-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2012
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero
Default Re: obama signs NDAA...

In capitalism, where the workers don't see the fruits of their own labor and few actually make profit, the quality of work goes down. Nothing new, but it is reality...
Old 01-02-2012
Chicle

Conservative Corporatism , the enslaved era from Reagan forth.
Old 01-03-2012
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

Actually the provisions relating to suspension of the constitutional rights of American citizens were put in by a Republican controlled House of Representatives.

They simply codify what is already Military procedure when it comes to domestic terrorist threats.

Having said that the Obama Administration and Justice Department are already starting the wheels turning on challenging those provisions in court.

Here is the link to the actual bill

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...2hr1540enr.pdf

The bill itself is providing funding for defense (military)...

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Gunner

damn i have not read the actual bill..

fucking lesser of two evils
Old 01-04-2012
Supporter
Veterano

Old 01-04-2012
Maestro

That was funny wasn't it Suave?

― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Director

Looking at what the bill is REALLY about... it is funny how this one section is what is being talked about. I'm sure if the president had not signed it based on that one line in the bill, it'd be flipped to him not supporting our defense/anti terrorism program.
Old 01-04-2012
Maestro

Exactly... that was the whole reason the provision was put in there (by the republicans).. It's a no win for the President, he looks like a Power hungry Dictator if he does (see OP's original link) or he looks weak because he won't back funding for the Military..

But the Pres manned up and called their bluff..

― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Gunner

Obama doing his best george w bush impersonation

o_O

Last edited by Malicioso; 01-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2012
Maestro

Simple minds crave simple answers.

― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Gunner

everyone that disagrees with Obama is a terrorist now.

abandon the game that you didn't invent and that you cannot win and start thinking for yourselves
Old 01-04-2012
Maestro

Someone's been talking to Deedee ^^

― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Gunner

who the Eff is dee dee

this bitch?

Lmfao!!
Old 01-04-2012
Supporter
Veterano

No, DeeDee was a previous member here that left. AND also the reason why ChicanoDan left this site was because of that female member Dee Dee.
Old 01-04-2012
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanoDan View Post
Simple minds crave simple answers.
Appropriate

― chicanodan
Old 01-04-2012
Gunner

LOL Any Republican would have signed the NDAA

Last edited by Malicioso; 01-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2012
Director

Its a defense bill, ANY president would have signed it. The one section listed on the bill, isnt even written the way people are wording it in their "articles"...

the bill states on Page eleven, Subtitle D-Counterterrorism Section 1021 "Affirmation of authority of the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force."

The Section and "Covered Persons" is further discussed on page 265 -
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurreed on September 11,2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks..
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or had directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

Their "Disposition Under Law of War" is also elaborated;
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities...
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, US code...
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.

... section 3 on Authorities then states "Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the US, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the US."

This shit has been going on since 9/11... it's nothing new, ever heard of ICE? They use the same measures... there's more in the bill with regard to detainee access to legal representation, status review etc....

you can read more into it, if you're truly that up in arms about it.
Old 01-05-2012
Maestro

No that would take more time than it takes for him to hit off the Glass dick...

I'm surprised he even bothered to read the original "article" in the first place..

― chicanodan
Old 01-05-2012
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Not much to do about it, but this basically gives them the authority to arrest and detain people without having a trial, as long as they are deemed "terrorists."

Call it a "defense bill" or whatever makes you feel good, the fact is it's giving too much power to the government and slowly stripping down our constitutional rights...
Old 01-05-2012
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanoDan View Post
No that would take more time than it takes for him to hit off the Glass dick...

I'm surprised he even bothered to read the original "article" in the first place..
Wth is you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
Not much to do about it, but this basically gives them the authority to arrest and detain people without having a trial, as long as they are deemed "terrorists."

Call it a "defense bill" or whatever makes you feel good, the fact is it's giving too much power to the government and slowly stripping down our constitutional rights...
finally a reply worth reading.3x

Republicans + democrats = different shit same toilet
Old 01-05-2012
Director

It's not that it makes me "feel good"... what I'm saying is that if ppl were gonna be alarmed about "too much power to the government .. stripping of our constitutional rights..." then they are a decade late cause post 9/11 is when all this shit started.

For politicians to scream foul about this bill (which is all about millitary funding and extensions of benefits and EXISTING laws)... is nothing more than... well... politics. It's election time, of course they're NOW "standing up" for the people's rights and shining a light on it to play unto ppl's fears of what you just stated. Unfortunately for the ppl, it's been going on under their nose this whole time.
Old 01-05-2012
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPac View Post
Its a defense bill, ANY president would have signed it. The one section listed on the bill, isnt even written the way people are wording it in their "articles"...
Any chump president or person would of signed it or agreed to it. Most of the democrats in congress voted against it. obama could of easily vetoed it. Defense bill = money for the war machine

Quote:
This shit has been going on since 9/11... it's nothing new, ever heard of ICE? They use the same measures... there's more in the bill with regard to detainee access to legal representation, status review etc....
I believe Maliciouso points it out because this regards citizens and the hypocrisy of the supposed constitutional rights they're suppose to have. Whereas as ICE specifically targets a group of people ( undocumented people mainly non whites)

Last edited by Dissonant; 01-05-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2012
Director

He could easily veto everything that contains one section out of a few hundred that he doesn't agree with, but that would basically halt congress. Now that'd be smart. Besides, all presidents are chumps, so yea ANY of them would've signed it. Especially post 9/11, which oh look, we've only had 2.

And I'm pointing out that this hypocrisy has existed for a few years now, the fact that its getting overblown is nothing but fear mongering politics. And the fact that there's idiots who go based off one beligerent article proves its working.

Last edited by CaliPac; 01-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.