Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy

Pregnancy Discussions with others who are pregnant or planning on a pregnancy about issues such as what to expect and what to do. Pregnancy resources and information.

Old 06-03-2006
Maestro

Default Re: Im Pregnant...

^^ Honestly, what he is saying is true, Baby-D. She has a choice to make. Her life as she knows it IS over until that child is an adult, and I would venture to say that it goes far beyond the child turning 18. Good parents are in their childrens' lives for a lifetime.

She can always give the child up for adoption. There are many couples who can provide excellent homes for a baby, and who WANT a baby. She can even request Chicano parents if she wants.
Old 06-03-2006
Chicle

It Depends If Ur Boyfreind Really Loves U Gurl...becuz My Older Sister Was Pregnant When She Just Turned 17 And My Dad Was Pissed Off ....he Didnt Talk To Her Untill Like 2 Months B4 She Had My Baby Niece.....but Ur Mom Should Calm Down Within A Month Be Cuase My Mom Did And She Supported My Sister All Tha Way.....my Dad He Calmed Down After He New Tha Man Was Going To Stay With My Sister And That He Really Loved Her AND HE WAS 24years At Tha Time But He Had A Steady Job Were He Made Plenty Of Money To Support My Sister ,himself And My Lovely Niece...after A While My Dad Calmed Down And Forgived Her And He Is Now A Changed Man....so What Iam Tryin To Say Is Give It Time B4 U Make A Bad Desicion.....cuz My Dad Cant Stop Talkin Or Holding Or Kissing My Niece Cuz He Loves Her Like That So Much....

Last edited by SOY_CHICANO_321; 06-03-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2006
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professora
^^ Honestly, what he is saying is true, Baby-D. She has a choice to make. Her life as she knows it IS over until that child is an adult, and I would venture to say that it goes far beyond the child turning 18. Good parents are in their childrens' lives for a lifetime.

She can always give the child up for adoption. There are many couples who can provide excellent homes for a baby, and who WANT a baby. She can even request Chicano parents if she wants.
YEA I KNOW ...BUT THE REASON WHY I CALLED HIM A DOG IS BECUZ >>SHE CLEARLY SAID SHE USED A CONDOM BUT IT RIPPED <--------AND WHEN THAT HAPPENDS TO ME I DONT KNOW UNTILL I STOP AND LOOK LOL..<<
Old 06-03-2006
Chicle

Send a message via AIM to xXCoNs3nT1dAxX Send a message via Yahoo to xXCoNs3nT1dAxX

damm i seriously dont think is a mistake n if my jefes would tell me dat i'd go w him! [if i luved him lotz] but daz juss my opinion
Old 06-03-2006
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhyna06
man fukk all that pisisn me off shit. PEOPLE MAKIN F*KKIN MISTAKES!! and whoever is "an adult"..PLEASE dont go off w/that "as a an adult, as a parent" crap & bullshit...I HATE THAT SHIT!! You cant say that as kid, teenager or w/e the hell wanna call it that u didnt make mistakes, no matter wtf it is!!! Ppl act like now that they are grown that they were so damn perfect BITE ME! you was young once too u know!!!
Crys
What the hell is wrong with you, she 16 yrs old idiot! They not going to let a 16 yr old emancipate herself! They will just take the kid away. Yes people make mistakes, but parents pay for the mistakes kids make. Mine did! I didn’t grow up perfect....But when I didn’t listen to my mom, she beat the shit out of me, and when I really got out of hand, my dad beat the shit out of me and then took away everything I enjoyed. I didn’t grow up perfect, I GREW UP DISCIPLINED AND WITH RESPECT! WHERE IS YOURS! YOU CAN GIVE ONE RATS ASS ABOUT HTIS LIITLE GIRL.......you tell her "pm me" ya right.....your the type of person that probably screws up knowing that your parents or loved ones would be there when you screw up. So you do it anyway knowing that. The best prevention is NOT SCREWING UP! You make it sound so easy "go get emancipated" WTF! Like you have the solutions....pfft!
Old 06-03-2006
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambitho
The best prevention is NOT SCREWING UP!
You said it, brother.

It's really not that hard to keep from getting pregnant. Either DON'T HAVE SEX OR get on some form of birth control BEYOND condoms. Ladies, are you going to trust your future to a thin little piece of rubber? You shouldn't. Females should also be on the pill, the patch, the IUD, etc. There are numerous birth control methods out there so that every female can find something suitable for herself.

If you can't approach a clinic or doctor to obtain birth control (which most of the time is FREE to those who don't work), then guess what? YOU ARE TOO IMMATURE TO BE HAVING SEX.

I hope that all of the girls reading about this situation take a lesson from it.
Old 06-03-2006
♥ =) ♥
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Eyes69
i just found out i was pregnant, i am 16 yrs old..i have a boyfriend he said he will take care of me and my baby but my parents hate him, and since he is 18 im afraid they will put him in jail..and i dont want that for him..my dad said if i ever saw him again he would hit me..and he also said if i ever turned up pregnant he was taking me straight to have an abortion..both of my parents are going to want that..but i dont think i could do that..it isnt my babys fought that i fucked up..i thought of running away but i cant stay with my b/f cuz my parents might look for him and have him put in jail..and i have no where else to go..and if i tell my parents like i said they will want me to have an abortion..i dont have their support at all..im so fucking scared now..can someone advise me on what i should do..like should i just leave from here and see what happens..or should i tell my parents and do what they want me to do or what
Like alot of people said "let your parents know that u are pregnant and tell your boyfriend to let his parents know as well." I just hope you know how much you let your parents down, having sex at that age (or any age) can put you at risk and not just getting pregnant, but for much much more. From the posts ur putting on this thread it seems like your not taking ur pregnancy very seriously, he's 18 and you are 16, u guys are still very young hell you guys could still be in highschool. i seriously doubt he has a good paying job to maintain both u and the baby. You fu***ed up big time! and now u need to be paying for the consequences. Well good luck with the with ur pregnancy cuz your'e going to need it!!
Old 06-06-2006
Chicle

Quote:
pisses me off too.......then everyone says "awww feel for her, she needs help" pfft aduh! no shit she does. Another thing, I dont care what society says about you but I say your parents suck at.....well.....being parents.....and since they have been such a "helluva" role model for you, now you can raise your kid to be everything like you and your parents or everything NOT LIKE YOU AND YOUR PARENTS.......

why am I bashing your parents? well you got knocked up! If you cared one halves ass about your parents or respected them you wouldnt of been knocked up and respected thier wishes for you not to be around him. your still a little girl.they didnt do a good job of getting your respect for them.

"i dont have their support at all..im so fucking scared now..can someone advise me on what i should do..like should i just leave from here and see what happens..or should i tell my parents and do what they want me to do or what"
-sexy eyes

what advise can someone give other than tell them......your going to start getting bigger and then what........run? you said your self you have no where to go.......and what do you mean "and do what they want me to do? first off you should of did what they wanted in the first place and stayed away from him, like they asked thier little 16 yr old to do in the first place.....man I wish I was right in front of you just so I could....nevermind......

Im sorry mija, but shit like this makes me mad....only you can make the decisions from here.......you need to do what your heart tells you, not the father not anyone else, even your parents, yes I said it. why? well, you did a grown up thing and now you have to make grown up decisions........its the price you pay for wanting to grow up too fast........
Do you have kids? if not you shouldnt talk about shit like that you dont know what youre kids will turn out like ever thought about that??????????????
Old 06-06-2006
Maestro

^^Okay, so only those who messed up and had unwanted kids at a young age are qualified to speak on this topic? It's a message board. People are allowed to post their opinions, just like you posted yours.

I'm sure his children will turn out just fine. He seems to have a good marriage and career, and I'm sure he'll provide well for them.
Old 06-06-2006
Krissy

I'm getting tired of the teen pregancy threads. I'll be happy when they end... So please young ladies, use protection. Take good care of yourselves! Study, read a book!

I remember being a teenager and yeah I made mistakes, a lot of them but when it came to sex I always made sure I was proteccted.

There are a lof of free clincis out there.

Last edited by Krissy; 06-06-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mexakin
You're right...

Shit...

What was I thinking...

It's A-Okay for 18 year olds to be banging 16 year olds and getting them knocked up...

Maybe the f*cker ain't "cradle" robbing...

But he's f*cking a lil' kid who ain't even old enough to buy cigarettes dammit!!!

So she's a "little kid" at 16 and he's what? A mature adult at 18 because he's JUST old enough to buy smokes?

I don't think so.

Of course, 16 yr old girls getting pregnant isnt a good thing (no matter how old the father is) but I wouldnt say age is really an issue in this case.

They are pretty much the same age.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-06-2006
Prospect

u'r parents r just triping b/caz their probaply going 2 be upset but that's it. I don't think they would really make u make and abortion. I mean they took care of u! They should know what a mother is like. I think later on when maybe u'r baby is on it's way they won't make you throught him away. I think they will understand sooner or later.
Old 06-06-2006
Mocoso

Send a message via Yahoo to browneyes65904

You should just face the consequences. you already did it ya que, but you should of thought about the consequences before doing it. why didn't you used protection? theres so many things that you can do to not get pregnant. but just talk to your parents and well good luck
Old 06-06-2006
Veterano

Lightbulb Re: Im Pregnant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes65904
You should just face the consequences. you already did it ya que, but you should of thought about the consequences before doing it. why didn't you used protection? theres so many things that you can do to not get pregnant.

If you bothered to read her first post, she said she did use protection.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-06-2006
SuaveHighTimes

So she screwed up, let it be people.

It bothers me to read the posts written by hypocritical adults who have nothing better to do then claim how great they've turned out to be. Except I dare say that half of these self called responsible adults probably have many more hidden skeletons in their closet than they dare confess too.

I'll be the first to admit that if I've "turned out" ok, much of it was due to sheer luck or Gods good grace. How many of you so called responsible adults weren't screwing around at 15,16, 17 years of age, without protection?? And if you werent, then chances are you were either a an ugly fu*k or just a dumb one, because I hardly believe you were ALL such good responsbile loving of their parents never rebelling young teens. (cough, bullshit, cough)

She screwed up and she realizes that now. She will now have to eventually be forced into adulthood, but her life has not yet ended and it is not to say that she can not or will not ever make anything of herself. Yes, even present day stupid teens can grow to be a positive influence to others.

she will now have consequences to face, many of which will be much worse than the banter you give her. So please, get off your high horses and stop using this particular thread to announce to the world how "well raised" you were brought up. This isn't about you, so instead of popping you own collar, why not give some constructive critisizm instead. Bunch of pretenders.
Old 06-06-2006
Fresh Meat!

Send a message via AIM to LaDrEaMeReYeS1224 Send a message via Yahoo to LaDrEaMeReYeS1224

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
well girl i was in that situation to i got pregnant when i was 15 my bf told me he will be their for me and my parent wanted me to abort.Is going to be 8 year now and my parents love my daughter and of course my man is still with me............
Old 06-06-2006
Miss Mod
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDrEaMeReYeS1224
well girl i was in that situation to i got pregnant when i was 15 my bf told me he will be their for me and my parent wanted me to abort.Is going to be 8 year now and my parents love my daughter and of course my man is still with me............
Well girl you are one of the lucky few. Unfortunately, when it comes to teenage pregnancy, a lot of guys don't stick around. So it's always refreshing to see a guy that will actually stick around and be a responsible person.

To Sexy_Eyes69:

All I can say girl is something that has been said time and time again: explore your options. I personally don't condone abortion, so I would say not to have one. Professora has a very good point, prenatal care is the most important thing right now, so I would say search it out. It's been said again and again that if you don't have a family doctor, go to a free clinic. But even if you do, you might not feel comfortable seeking help from someone you know is in contact with your parents. Adoption is most definitely a choice, and it's often overlooked. There are different kinds of adoptions, such as one where you can maintain contact with the family and child, or if you want, you can have no contact at all. I can't say it enough, be informed. That way, you can make the best decision for your situation.

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Old 06-06-2006
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes

I'll be the first to admit that if I've "turned out" ok, much of it was due to sheer luck or Gods good grace. How many of you so called responsible adults weren't screwing around at 15,16, 17 years of age, without protection?? And if you werent, then chances are you were either a an ugly fu*k or just a dumb one, because I hardly believe you were ALL such good responsbile loving of their parents never rebelling young teens. (cough, bullshit, cough)
Hola, Suave!

I don't know if I'm one of the people you're directing this at, but I actually was not having sex at any of those ages. And no...it wasn't because I was ugly. As a matter of fact, I dated an all-league football player and the prom king (and looking back, neither one ever understood a word I said ).

I got dumped a couple of times as a teen because I wouldn't put out, but I held my ground! I was afraid of getting pregnant and not being able to live out my goals, and I didn't want to disappoint my parents. I also didn't want to get a poor reputation. Once I decided to have sex (and I decided this ahead of time, not while some dude was already in the bed with me), I got proper birth control and made sure my boyfriend wore a condom. It wasn't that hard to do. I wasn't perfect at ALL growing up and I made lots of mistakes. However, I knew that for the big issues, like sex, I needed to watch out for myself, because no one else would if I didn't.
Old 06-06-2006
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes
So she screwed up, let it be people.

It bothers me to read the posts written by hypocritical adults who have nothing better to do then claim how great they've turned out to be. Except I dare say that half of these self called responsible adults probably have many more hidden skeletons in their closet than they dare confess too.

She screwed up and she realizes that now. She will now have to eventually be forced into adulthood, but her life has not yet ended and it is not to say that she can not or will not ever make anything of herself. Yes, even present day stupid teens can grow to be a positive influence to others.

she will now have consequences to face, many of which will be much worse than the banter you give her. So please, get off your high horses and stop using this particular thread to announce to the world how "well raised" you were brought up. This isn't about you, so instead of popping you own collar, why not give some constructive critisizm instead. Bunch of pretenders.
Sup Suave

I had to back track and MAKE sure I wasnt one of the ones that stated that I grew up perfect. If I got outa hand, my ass was grass. I posted earlier that I myself didnt grow up perfect. I understand that as times go bye so do differences in time. But as far as the DEGREE of the mistakes with this pregnancy compared.....this is a serious mistake. Its one that turns a teen into an adult quicker than needs be. Im not going to compare my mistakes with this one because there is absolutley no comparison (other than murder). but one thing is this, Im 32, at 16, in my time, a mistake by a teen was cheating on a test; getting caught stealing; lying to parents; etc etc. And after my punishents I was grounded and had to stay in for a week (thank the creator there was thundercats, or ninja turtles on tv)

So with this said, is it acceptable to say that in this "modern society" a 16 yr old pregnant is considered a moderate mistake? I dont think so, times have changed but not that much. I think its a serious one, she is not the only one that has to pay for it, her parents do, the father does (if he gives a shit), the babysitter (who has to watch the baby while she finishes school), Us (if she gets on some type of WIC program or others), or if she decides adoption we will pay for foster care, clothing etc etc. Also depending on what kind of society we grew up in shouldnt matter when it comes to teen pregnancy. Bottom line is that this is getting more and more common and it shouldnt be taken lightly and prevented. And in order to prevent it, it should be enforced to the parents of teh baby having the baby......

Some one else posted
"Do you have kids? if not you shouldnt talk about shit like that you dont know what youre kids will turn out like ever thought about that??????????????"

yes i do have kids, five. One thing is my kids WILL learn to respect me and my wishes and any mistakes they make will not be teen pregnancy. If I tell them that I dont want them to do something like not see a person that I dont approve of, then it will be respected. especially at teh age of 16. If not then Im whooping ass......

Whats done is done, she is prego and expecting. now its all up to her no matter what or whos advise she goes with. we are here and she is there. but just in case if adoption comes up make sure and let me know. Ill take the kid and raise it as my own and give it my name and I will teach it that Im the father and my wifes the mother and the kids she grows up with are sisters and brothers.....also I will probably not want her to ever see her real mother at all..........(just a bit of reality if she chooses to give it up)

now to all those not making a big deal out of this (not you suave) I ask you. How big and what type of mistake this is?

Last edited by Wizdom; 06-06-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2006
Maestro

Your Fucken Stupid For Getting Pregnant Why Did You Open Up Your Legs? Specially Without Using A Condom You No How Bad Of Diseases There Is Out There?
Good Keep The Baby And Fuck Up Your Life More, Yours And The Child's. You No Damn Well The Baby Daddy Aint Gonna Be Around.. Most You'll Get From Him Is Agony And A Bag Of Diapers..

Abortion Is The Best For You..!
Old 06-07-2006
♥almost doesnt count♥
Director

Send a message via MSN to 818_TEARS

abortion is killin the baby,
thats not good, they wont take the kid away.
you just have to think things out.if your strong you can make it.
abortion will change ur life forever,you not the only one that has these problems,remember god only gives people problems because he knows you can get through them and god is testin you.
you were "WOMAN ENOUGH' to open your legs to ur vato,now be woman enough to have the baby,theres consequences for all ur actions.or do you rather just GIVE UP on ur life,your baby...LIFE ITS HARD SO GRABB UR (BALLS) ur (.)(.) and be strong and move on . like a real woman.ur still a lil girl,but youll grow up.
Old 06-07-2006
Maestro

There's alot of great advice in here, but damn at the same time there's alot of people dishing out some severe judgement. Give the kid a break already and cut the holier than thou crap. We've all made mistakes and for those who are in denial about their mistakes, there's plenty of time in your lifetime to make life changing mistakes.
I just have to wonder if this situation happened to anyone of the above or someone close to you, a daughter, a sister etc... if you would be so quick to judge.
Old 06-07-2006
Maestro

Quote:
yes i do have kids, five. One thing is my kids WILL learn to respect me and my wishes and any mistakes they make will not be teen pregnancy. If I tell them that I dont want them to do something like not see a person that I dont approve of, then it will be respected. especially at teh age of 16. If not then Im whooping ass......
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Old 06-07-2006
Fresh Meat!

Ok Thanx To Everyone Who Has Replyed..but To Those Of U Who Said Shit That Im Stupid That I Have Bad Parents..and All Of The Other Negative Stuff...i Am Jus 16 Yrs Old..and I Have Made A Big Mistake..and Yea It Could Have Been Avoided..but I Did Try I Did Use Protection..and Yea My Boyfriend Is 18..he Is A Little Less Then 2 Years Older Then Me Thats Not A Big Differance The Only Thing Wrong With It Is Yes He Is Considered An Adult..but Its Not Like He Is 25 30 Yrs Old..and Those Of U Who Said I Should Have An Abortion..would U Have Wanted Your Mother To Have An Abortion When See Had U..no U Wouldnt Have Cuz Then U Wouldnt Be Here Today Tellin Me How Stupid I Am..there Are Alot Of Women Who Cant Have Babies And Would Kill To Be Me Right Now..i Cant Jus Have An Abortion..not Willingly Atleast..and Sayin That My Parents Are Bad Parents..they Are Not Perfect..my Dad Yells Constantly..and Has The Worse Attitude..but They Try There Best To Take Care Of Me And Give Me Everything I Could Want Or Need..it Isnt Their Fault I Did This..n U Guys..sayin O That Im Too Young..yea I Am Young..but What U Think When U Have A Daughter She Is Going To Stay A Virgin Until She Marrys..no She Wont..if U Have Younger Sisters U Think She Will Stay A Virgin Until She Marrys..no..maybe They Might And If They Do That Is Great..but More Then Likely They Wont Becuz That Is How Ppl Are Now..i Know I Fucked Up..but Im Not Jus Going To Find The Easiest Way Out..im Fighting With My Parents To Keep This Kid..it Will Make Things So Fuckin Hard For Me But This Is What I Asked For When I Had Sex I Knew What Could Happen..but Anyways To The Ppl Who Gave Advice Thank U..and To Those Of U Who Jus Judged Me..thank U Also
Old 06-07-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Eyes69
and Those Of U Who Said I Should Have An Abortion..would U Have Wanted Your Mother To Have An Abortion When See Had U..no U Wouldnt Have Cuz Then U Wouldnt Be Here Today Tellin Me How Stupid I Am..there Are Alot Of Women Who Cant Have Babies And Would Kill To Be Me Right Now..

My mother wasnt 16 when she had me though. SHe was 32 years old, married and well into adulthood.

There's a big difference.

P.S. You dont need to capitalize EVERY first letter.