Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > Artwork, Arte, Image, Graphics Talk > ShutterBugs > Photography Assignments

Old 09-05-2010
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH
Default Photo Assignment Read Me, Quick Links, & Discussion (NEW)

Hello All,

Seems that the photography assignments has died off and this forum found it's way to the bone-yard. In an attempt to revive the fun we had here, I am posting new and more relaxed rules for new and following photo assignments.

Quote:
SoyChicano Photo Assignments is a collection of images of our culture, events, day to day life, memories, stories captured, reality expressed either by journalism or artistic view by community. Show your fellow person your view of your world!

Each Sunday, a new photo topic will be announced. During the duration of the photo assignment topic, everyone is welcome to share photos that are associated or relate to the topic. There will be no restriction as to when the photo was taken. The only restrictions is that the photos must be submitted only during the time the topic is in cycle and that you MUST have created the image yourself (meaning you own the copyright).

After 9PM (PST) Sunday evening, the current topic will close and a new topic will begin with a new thread. A small panel of guest judges will review all of the posted images and post a new "Winner" thread to announce the best photo and name the community member who the photo belongs to.

The prize reward for these photo assignments will be recognition amongst the community. From time to time we may offer actual prizes such as Subscriber access to SoyChicano.com or gift certificates of various types.

All this sounds firme, right? Then grab a camera, or a camera phone and start photographing your world around you!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)

Who's in charge here?
Sal Hernandez, aka "El Mero Mero" and select assistants. You can reach him via email to pyanet@gmail.com or text to 559-320-5670

Is there a resolution and photo size requirement? Can I submit a photo from my phone?
You may post cell phone photos, DSLR, webcam, or even Polaroid scans. As a good practice, it is good to post images which are about 600 pixels wide. This makes is easier for those with slow internet connections to be able to download the images easily. If you want to show off a high resolution image, please upload it to a different website and provide a link to the image.

Can I watermark my photos?
You most definitely can watermark your images that you share with us. We have no problem with self promotion!

Any other restrictions I should be aware of?
The photo must be your photo (as in, you took the picture). As the photographer, you're also responsible for acquiring any necessary permissions from identifiable subjects. This is a family-friendly site, so please keep that in mind, and in all activities remain courteous to other photographers and community members.

Can I share an image I did some post-production on?
With regard to editing photos (tilt-shift app, anyone), we don't care how you edit your photos, or what you took them with, as long as you've followed the rules listed above. Creativity is welcomed!

More FAQS will be added here as people address new concerns. Check back often and feel free to reply to this thread with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Old 01-12-2015
Gunner

Default Re: Photo Assignment Read Me, Quick Links, & Discussion (NEW)

*Bump*

I miss the photo assignment contests. Wish more people were on so that we can get some good shots going.

You make my heart flutter, like wings of a hummingbird. With you, my soul flies... <3