Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health > Men's Health

Men's Health Discuss topics pertaining to Men's Health.

Old 03-26-2007
SuaveHighTimes

Default How men cope...

I got the idea to write about this subject from mrarts thread on hating the world.

Someone suggested that he talk to someone about how he feels....but how gay is that?

No really, what I mean is maybe it's me, or maybe its a guy thing, but I don't really see myself talking to anyone about my problems. Maybe in such a way that it's just a general converstation about any which topic, but never actually about how I feel. Maybe once in a blue moon, or vary rarely.

Anyway, I suppose some men do express themselves more freely then others, but who knows for sure?

Guys....do you talk about 'it' with your loved ones or do you cope alone?
Old 04-04-2007
Veterano

Default Re: How men cope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes View Post
Someone suggested that he talk to someone about how he feels....but how gay is that?

SuaveHighTimes gay?

But seriously, I don't have a problem talking about my feelings and see no reason why anyone should.

Pretending like one doesnt have feelings and fears isnt manly at all. In fact, it's the complete opposite IMO.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 04-04-2007
Director

Send a message via AIM to SDx Send a message via Yahoo to SDx

I don't talk about them because i hate when people try to "solve" my problems or give me unwanted advice.

I HAVE talked to people who strictly listen, and just sort of to vent, with no problem.

I find it easier to talk to "strangers" though, rather than people close to me.
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

As for me i have to cope alone. I have friends but nobody i am going to go and tell how hard things are. i have talk to a few people on here about some things and have posted things that have bothered me. Hard for me to express myself with family just expected to do what needs to be done no matter how i feel.
Old 04-04-2007
SuaveHighTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrart View Post
As for me i have to cope alone. I have friends but nobody i am going to go and tell how hard things are. i have talk to a few people on here about some things and have posted things that have bothered me. Hard for me to express myself with family just expected to do what needs to be done no matter how i feel.
Thats pretty much how I feel about things. I live my life not expecting anything from anyone and because of that i don't see any reasoning for having to spread my business around to family and friends.

At the same time, i find it pretty femenish when guys have to sit and talk about every little thing that goes on in their lives. Not to mention that even women who have to come talk to you about every little worry can also be tiresome.

Is machismo played out? maybe. But thats just the way i am.
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

I tried once to tell my sons my what was bothering me dropped a tear and got clled a p***** never share again with anyone again. Do it all and if you go crazy your weak minded hell no better to deal on your own
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDXicano85 View Post
I don't talk about them because i hate when people try to "solve" my problems or give me unwanted advice.
I believe many women feel this way too, especially when they are talking over a problem with a male (friend, relative, boyfriend - doesn't matter). Men tend to want to fix things, and sometimes, we just want to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrart View Post
I tried once to tell my sons my what was bothering me dropped a tear and got clled a p***** never share again with anyone again. Do it all and if you go crazy your weak minded hell no better to deal on your own
This is a big problem in our society. Males feel like they can't share things (just as you described), and keep everything bottled up. No one should be surprised, then, when a male blows up in a violent way.

Last edited by Professora; 04-04-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-04-2007
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professora View Post
I believe many women feel this way too, especially when they are talking over a problem with a male (friend, relative, boyfriend - doesn't matter). Men tend to want to fix things, and sometimes, we just want to vent.
Lol, i've gotten into problems with my gf about this. See i've heard this before, so i tend to not try to fix things, but in doing so, i apparently say nothing at all, which is far worse (for her) and it seems like i don't care. damned if i do, damned if i don't. I'm just not used to doing anything other than trying to fix it.
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

SD has a great point if women do not want us to solve poblems and we want to listen and let them express themselves how rthe heck are supposed to know when to talk or give an opinnion
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

^When she stops talking and says, "What do you think?" or "Help me fix this problem!"
Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

Quote:
^When she stops talking and says, "What do you think?" or "Help me fix this problem!"
that simple man that would have helped me out alot 2 years ago
Old 04-04-2007
Veterano

Quote:
^When she stops talking

So in other words, never!

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 04-04-2007
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDXicano85 View Post
A reason why I'm quiet. LOL.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 04-04-2007
Director

Quote:
lol
Old 04-04-2007
Travieso

well, i always like it wen my man asks me for help, like sumone said earlier it only happz onc ein a while though, (like never!)

Old 04-04-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
So in other words, never!
Hey, if ya can't keep your women quiet, Kool...