Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 06-21-2013
Mocoso

Lightbulb Re: Feminism & the Disposable Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by just tru View Post
As a woman, I do find it a bit annoying when, men in general, feel the need to passionately "stand up" for the woman. Now, don't get me wrong, I can appreciate it...to an extent. But, for ME, that makes me feel as if I NEED a man to fight for me, and that's the only way my "voice" will be heard, if it's through a passionate MAN fighting for the woman.
I felt compelled to take a personal interest in the derogatory trolling these two clowns were participating in because I was the one who started this thread and as a result I felt a sense of responsibility to address their obnoxious undermining of the dialogue I was hoping to get people to take the chance on engaging in.

Although I find their referring to women as bitches and hoes wrong and I find them making remarks that the women in here are not complaining because "they can take a joke just like they take a dick" to be an appalling step backwards for womens dignity, if the women here feel these remarks constitute "humor" or are honestly more offended by me condemning them then out of respect for them I will leave it alone.

However earlier in this thread Chavela made a great point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChavela View Post
The world will respect a man just as much as he respect himself - no more and no less.
Keep in mind this doesnt just apply to men, this applies to women as well.
Dont assume that when people speak of the sacrifices they've made that they are speaking of self sacrifice. The wolves here are disguised as sheep and the sheep are framed and slaughtered by the wolves.

Last edited by REMAINING STRONG; 06-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2013
Maestro

Wink Re: Feminism & the Disposable Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMAINING STRONG View Post
I felt compelled to take a personal interest in the derogatory trolling these two clowns were participating in because I was the one who started this thread and as a result I felt a sense of responsibility to address their obnoxious undermining of the dialogue I was hoping to get people to take the chance on engaging in.

Although I find their referring to women as bitches and hoes wrong and I find them making remarks that the women in here are not complaining because "they can take a joke just like they take a dick" to be an appalling step backwards for womens dignity, if the women here feel these remarks constitute "humor" or are honestly more offended by me condemning them then out of respect for them I will leave it alone
No need to leave it alone. You do what you feel is necessary in this case. You have the right to do so.
Fight for your beliefs. Fight for what you think is right.
Old 06-21-2013
Maestro

Default Re: Feminism & the Disposable Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChavela View Post
As a girl -woman- I was raised to serve my parents,
my husband,
my children

to not complain but to sacrifice my comfort for that of others.
always putting others first.

That mental attitude will make you a victim in this world, unless you learn that in order to serve you, I must first serve myself.
I agree a lot with what you wrote.

Although it has greatly faded away in modern occidental families, girls have generally been held at higher standards that boys.

"Boys will be boys" as they say, they can get wild, they can have adventures (sexual and otherwise), etc. while girls can bring shame on themselves and on the entire family for even minor "misdemeanors" (talking to boys, hanging outside the house too much) and what's worse for things they should normally be considered the victims of (rape comes to mind).

Not to mention that girls were always expected to do much more work in the house than boys: clean, tidy up, do the dishes, laundry, take care of the young ones, etc., as they have to learn to become ladies.

The overwhelming trend in our societies, and I would even say all around the world, is for this blatant disparity to fade, but it is a very recent change (one or two generations at most).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (copied from the most honorable KA)
Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culero
Or perhaps you have Aspergers Syndrome
...or perhaps you and Calipac have Jackass Syndrome due to all the braying the two of you do with your incessant trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipshit
It's funny how you (RS) argue one side of the argument (women getting preferential treatment) against Miguelito and then turn around and act like Captain Save a Hoe when we crack a sexist joke... talk about trying too hard.
I stand by what I disagreed with Miguelito with. I agree with the lady in the video that Male Disposability is historically real and that in no way means I condone the ignorant sexist redneck hick remarks you simple minded bitch niggas think is humor.

Ive honestly reached my limit with the lil ignorant ass remarks you two disrespectful punks have continued to make. If you cant communicate like respectful adults then dont cry and bitch when people politely explain how idiotic the two of you sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niav
Your problem is that I don't share the same sense of humor
I agree.

1.Many of these remarks are not funny unless you have the mind of a 3rd grader

2.These two pathetic excuses for men crack jokes at the most inappropriate times. There is a time and place for making jokes.These uncouth dipshits fail to comprehend that.

3. They are quick to say offensive remarks but bitch and make all kinds of drama as if the world is going to end when they feel someone has made one to them.

Quote:
No need to leave it alone. You do what you feel is necessary in this case. You have the right to do so.
Fight for your beliefs. Fight for what you think is right.
By golly I think I will!
Dont assume that when people speak of the sacrifices they've made that they are speaking of self sacrifice. The wolves here are disguised as sheep and the sheep are framed and slaughtered by the wolves.

Last edited by REMAINING STRONG; 06-22-2013 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Dingus and Dipshit
Old 06-22-2013
Veterano

Quote:
Daniel, please...Can I call you Daniel?
I agree with you, as far as people being people.
I suppose I don't have much of a choice, in the matter. And I just barely started reluctantly viewing them as actual people

Quote:
As a woman, I do find it a bit annoying when, men in general, feel the need to passionately "stand up" for the woman. Now, don't get me wrong, I can appreciate it...to an extent. But, for ME, that makes me feel as if I NEED a man to fight for me, and that's the only way my "voice" will be heard, if it's through a passionate MAN fighting for the woman.
I of course know this, because I have actual real life contact with carbon based females. As opposed to others who probably have very little interaction with the opposite sex. So they have idealized them, in a way that is unrealistic and quite honestly, not healthy.

[QUOTE=Naive] I can't promise every woman has a problem with the terms, let alone a huge problem, but I can safely say if you started polling random women and asking them, "Don't you just love being called bitches and hos?" very few would seriously say, "Of course!!" QUOTE]

You would be wrong.
In the right context, I know A LOT of women that not only don't mind. They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
The human animal is a strange one and there is a lot of variation out there. Maybe someday when you get older and get out into the world, you might meet a girl who is into choking, slapping, hair pulling, or being called a dirty little slut. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remaining whiny
that in no way means I condone the ignorant sexist redneck hick remarks you simple minded bitch niggas think is humor.
Way to take the high road. You're obviously very sophisticated.

P.S. I am offended by your use of the word 'nigga'. How can you be so disrespectful of the black man? You racist!

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

When you mature past 12, let me know. I won't get my hopes up, though.
Old 06-22-2013
Veterano

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingus
You're obviously very sophisticated.
no apparently YOU are since your too good to sleep at the midnite mission with the rest of the homeless... now go back to your van and shut up already.
Old 06-22-2013
Veterano

such hostility. Way to derail your own thread, dummy

Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

Man dont even start crying about hostility. You brought it, you GOT it. I would tell you to go look in the mirror but oh shit... you dont got a mirror cause you live in a van! So go polish up the hub cap you eat out of and look in that instead!

STD ass having muthaphukka shut up already
Old 06-22-2013
Veterano

Quote:
Man dont even start crying about hostility.
Who's crying?

I'm actually amused by your hypocrisy and the way you're lashing out, trying to personally attack me. You can't phase me. I'm a man and you're just a scared little bitch.

Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
Who's crying?

I'm actually amused by your hypocrisy and the way you're lashing out, trying to personally attack me. You can't phase me. I'm a man and you're just scared little bitch.
WRONG. You aint no man you're child. I know what kind of ideals a man should have and as a man I strive to reach them.

Quit crying about "personal attacks" & "hypocrisy" when you instigated this on yourself and have demonstrated nothing but personal attacks and hypocrisy. Your the first to do it and the first to cry like a bitch when it is done to you. Go argue with a 6 year old cause if you consider yourself a man (or an adult) I gotta put a fraud alert on your pathetic ass. Leave it alone Culero.

Last edited by REMAINING STRONG; 06-22-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2013
Maestro

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (copied from the most honorable KA)
Old 06-22-2013
Veterano

Quote:
WRONG. You aint no man you're child. I know what kind of ideals a man should have and as a man I strive to reach them.

Quit crying about "personal attacks" & "hypocrisy" when you instigated this on yourself and have demonstrated nothing but personal attacks and hypocrisy. Your the first to do it and the first to cry like a bitch when it is done to you. .
Please show us where this "crying" has taken place.

Are you retarded? Just because I point out your obvious hypocrisy doesnt mean I give a shit or am mad. Like I already said, I find it pretty amusing. Silly and pathetic on your part, but still mildly amusing.

If you think it bothers me, then please carry on; until I just completely lose it and drive my van off a bridge

Old 06-22-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
Please show us where this "crying" has taken place.

Are you retarded? Just because I point out your obvious hypocrisy doesnt mean I give a shit or am mad. Like I already said, I find it pretty amusing. Silly and pathetic on your part, but still mildly amusing.

If you think it bothers me, then please carry on; until I just completely lose it and drive my van off a bridge
blah blah blah yeah whatever bitch your sexist jokes still aint funny

hey check it out I found a picture of you and CaliPac

"heh heh heh heh if they can take a dick then they can take a joke"

"heh heh bitches and hoes heh heh heh yea"

aint no one trying to phase you cause you too stupid to get it anyway

Last edited by REMAINING STRONG; 06-22-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2013
Mocoso

Lightbulb Re: Feminism & the Disposable Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelito21
Again, although this position can make sensein a logical way (meaning that it does make sense to protect what is more valued), history shows otherwise.
I respect that you have made valid points but ultimately if we are objective and honest we are going to find that some men risked their lives because they viewed women as unequal to them and others risked their lives because they felt obligated to due to the ideology of male disposability. Would you agree that it would be wrong to assume in absolutes?

I find it interesting you cited medieval europe as an example because one of the most known wars medieval europe partook in was the crusades. Ironically the crusades illustrates both of our stances. Although nobles were prominent in the fighting, the true power in medieval europe was the Vatican. The Pope was considered worth protecting at all costs and it wasnt because he was viewed as inferior, it was because he was so highly valued. When the Muslims rolled up on Italy and the Vatican was in danger of falling no one expected the Pope or cardinals to remain in harms way because dying and violence was so "honorable" but rather several european kings offered them refuge for safe keeping due to how valued they were. The Pope was sent to France until it was safe for him to return. Yet he was not just given this respect because he was a male, he was the Vicar of Christ and this put him in a higher class than most men. This is an example of someone who was extremely valued and of high class that was protected from harm and death due to how valued he was. So while you might point to dukes and kings as evidence that death was considered the highest honor that was exclusive only to men of higher class, we find discrepancies that contradict this. Kings claimed their right to rule was of divine right and required the blessing of the Pope to be considered legitimate in the eyes of the people. So this puts the Vatican at a much higher status than even many royal families and notice that the people that even kings pay tribute to protected them due to their higher standing.

Although I agree that in more recent human history male superiority became the reason for many actions of men, not all men were motivated by these notions and much of human histories thousands of years of civilization were not rooted in this ideology. For a long period of our initial history men were expected to take on the more dangerous tasks because the woman was seen as the giver of life and revered for it. Most ancient cultures were matriarchial, and viewed women as sacred due her ability to create life. Yet due to the last couple millennia of patriarchy the matriarchial cultures that spanned thousands of years prior have been neglected by historians and forgotten.

Old 06-23-2013
Maestro

Quote:
I find it interesting you cited medieval europe as an example because one of the most known wars medieval europe partook in was the crusades. Ironically the crusades illustrates both of our stances. Although nobles were prominent in the fighting, the true power in medieval europe was the Vatican. The Pope was considered worth protecting at all costs and it wasnt because he was viewed as inferior, it was because he was so highly valued.
I don't agree that the true or highest power in medieval Europe was the Vatican. The Vatican was one among other power players who, like the rest, constantly tried to assert dominance, arguing higher divine power over "worldly" power, but it would be a mistake to assume it had its way.
But anyway, that's way off topic lol.

The Pope wasn't expected to fight, nor was any clergyman, not even the lowest-ranking one. That's what nobility was for, that was its whole justification as the dominant order of society: they are at the top because they bear arms and fight, while the clergy's justification as a (lesser) dominant order was that they were the ones charged with preying to save people's souls.

Different roles but it does remain true that the top of the pyramid (nobility) had the task of protecting those below (clergy and peasantry).

I didn't mean that everything that is protected is considered inferior (as the case of the Pope illustrates).

I did contend that, contrary to what you wrote, the example of medieval and modern Europe shows that men (in this case male nobility) did not go to war because they were considered worthless, but quite the contrary; and that lesser people (male peasantry) were barred from it not because they were more highly valued, but the contrary.

I wouldn't go much further than that, as going any deeper means looking at not only man-woman interactions but at how these relations are deeply intertwined with class relations, eventually race relations, and how the whole mix changes over time and places.

In other words, that's something I am incapable of doing as I don't know enough about it.

But that kind of complexity is completely absent from the video you posted which, I'm sorry to say because I understand you liked it, does sound a lot more like ranting coupled with poor arguments and poor logic than relevant and accurate analysis in my - very humble - opinion.

Old 06-23-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
I don't agree that the true or highest power in medieval Europe was the Vatican
This is an issue historians disagree on, but bear in mind this... When the Crusades ended and the knights templar returned to their respective kingdoms they were everything you described. They were of high esteem and sought out by kings. Yet when the Vatican caught wind that they had fallen into idolatry and were leading people astray due to their prominence, the Pope revealed he was anything but a lesser power as he had them rounded up across europe and executed. The few who remained went into hiding to escape his reach. They might of thought they were of higher class until he pulled their card.

Quote:
does sound a lot more like ranting coupled with poor arguments and poor logic than relevant and accurate analysis in my - very humble - opinion
Quote:
mine as well.
fair enough but although the two of you are understandable in your criticism of her ability to substantiate her point, the historical record does show matriarchy as predating patriarchy. Once you begin to learn the many millennia the modern historians ignore that predate patriarchy (as well as the numerous matriarchial cultures that patriarchial historians blatantly ignore) you will find that much of what we think is patriarchial is actually matriarchial in origin. Granted it has been contorted and disfigured by patriarchy but it is still evidence of a matriarchial era.

Example: Patriarchial Catholicism shows a chalice of symbolic blood as what must be drank from to attain life. Although Catholicism is staunchly patriarchial, this tradition is a remnant of matriarchial culture that predates it. The chalice represents the womb of the woman, the blood represents when her water breaks during childbirth causing her to bleed out from her womb and the drinking from it pays homage to the woman as the source of life for all humanity. This is a matriarchial tradition celebrating and revering the female as sacred due to her ability to give life. I believe the lady in the video was attempting to refer to this matriarchial origin of modern patriarchial culture although I agree she didnt substantiate it much.

I would advise both of you look for into the matriarchial origins of many now patriarchial practices. It is quite eye opening as well as beautiful. I do believe from what I have learned about it that although ignored by patriarchial historians, there was an era of matriarchial cultures that predates patriarchy where many of these traditiins originated. Initially men sacrificed himself for women because she was seen as the giver of life and more valuable. However as patriarchy later came to power it became a sign of superiority. It was not always that way however.
Old 06-24-2013
Director

Todavia estan chillando?

To argue with a fool proves there are two.
Old 06-24-2013
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Interesting thread. God Bless.
Old 06-24-2013
Travieso

well that escalated rather quickly

Oh yeah fuck a feminist and specially cap't save a hoes

also fuck the texas longhorns

thread end/
Old 06-25-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmStabnandez View Post
well that escalated rather quickly

Oh yeah fuck a feminist and specially cap't save a hoes

also fuck the texas longhorns

thread end/
Do you feel like a big man now that youve said that?

Why are you cheapshotting AztecPrincess for Grim Stabnandez? What has she honestly done to deserve the disrespect you just showed her? (among others)
Old 06-25-2013
Mocoso

I was thinking about how so many of you complained this lady failed to substantiate her point with evidence so I decided to post various webpages of feminist historians whose research verifies what the lady in the video claims.

The following blog is by a lady who documents the matriarchal history of humanity that predates patriarchial civilization. She also cites how women were seen as superior in status due to her ability to create a child. I read through several pages of her research and I agree with her that patriarchy was a response to matriarchy. Matriarchy devalued the male and modern archeology is verifying this. During this era that predates patriarchy, men were regarded as lesser in value by matriarchal societies thus giving birth to the concept of male disposability that survived to this day. Male disposability isnt a recent phenomenon but rather an ancient one largely forgotten by patriarchal history.

Read her research on matriarchy for yourself here:

http://originofsexism.blogspot.com/2...archy.html?m=1

This webpage below is a different one by an author who documents the matriarchal origins of human civilization that have been forgotten by more recent patriarchy based civilizations.

" Turning from the 'historical' to the 'prehistoric' period—that is to say, to that vast majority of human history for which written records no longer exist or have been re-written by patriarchal redactors—the material evidence makes it clear that the religion of the feminine Deity was predominant for thousands of years."

She documents that matriarchy was a worldwide trend that is ancient in its age. She also documents how before the rise of patriarchal religions, God the creator was seen as a female and the female held the power in society due to higher social standing than her male counterparts. She cites archeological findings to substantiate herself.

" What were they like, these prehistoric civilisations? Archaeologists refer to them as Palaeolithic (old stone age), Neolithic (new stone age) etc.—terms which to the average person imply brutish 'cave-men' dressed in skins and barely able to speak. Serious archaeologists have not believed in this popular myth for the best part of a century now, but the discoveries of the last forty years in Europe and the Near East have shown that it is so far from the truth as to be ridiculous."

Her webpage is impressive and can be read here:

http://www.mother-god.com/matriarchal-history.html

Anyone interested in true human history and the matriarchal origins of civilization should look into these pages. They will shatter common patriarchal misperceptions about history and how things came about to be the way they currently are!
Old 06-25-2013
Travieso

Quote:
Do you feel like a big man now that youve said that?

Why are you cheapshotting AztecPrincess for Grim Stabnandez? What has she honestly done to deserve the disrespect you just showed her? (among others)
Old 06-25-2013
Veterano

Quote:

I believe myself to be a strong woman. Do I need a man's help? Sometimes. I'm not going to sit here, waving my fist in the air, shouting, "I am ALL woman! I need no man!" That's just ridiculous.

Just because I don't think the way you do, doesn't mean that I'm wrong or uneducated, or insane. It just means that I have a different way of seeing things.
love that!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'