Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > The Director's Chair

The Director's Chair A forum for those new and upcoming movie producers. Professional and Amateur.

Old 10-28-2007
Maestro

Default Uploading your own video for short clips....(My first)

Who has done short clips in "video making"?

I'm thinking that it is easier to express an idea via a 2 minute clip rather than writing articles. Who has created their own video making here on this forum? So far I am aware of one other person doing them. Care to share what works for you and what doesn't work for you when creating and uploading video's for the net?

Please share the videos you have created. I am trying to get some ideas (particularly from SJ if he has made any). Any helpful advice to the newbies will be greatly appreciated.

"...make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty..." - Obama

"...make sure that they're learning English..." - Obama

Last edited by DeeDee; 10-29-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2007
Gunner

Default Re: Uploading your own video for short clips....(My first)

I recorded this using a screen record program.....that was a test for making an animated GIF, now i'm thinkin of recording a power point presentation, to um, well present something....

Video

GIF
Old 10-28-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD View Post
I recorded this using a screen record program.....that was a test for making an animated GIF, now i'm thinkin of recording a power point presentation, to um, well present something....

Video

GIF

^^^ Very cool. Needs music. I noticed youtube has a "video mixer" feature when uploading videos. I need to experiment with that, too.
So would you create a powerpoint slide and then upload that slide within the video, right?

Old 10-28-2007
Gunner

I've been thinkin and researching....

I can use the screen record program and play the slideshow, than save it as in .avi, which i can upload to Youtube.

Or there are some other programs that can convert Powerpoint to other media files such as .avi, .wmv, .mov, .mpg, etc....Than upload that

Or I can use my camcorder and record my moniter while the slideshow is playing......all though I think I would need an iLink cable to upload that
Old 10-28-2007
Maestro

Quote:

I can use the screen record program and play the slideshow, than save it as in .avi, which i can upload to Youtube.

Or there are some other programs that can convert Powerpoint to other media files such as .avi, .wmv, .mov, .mpg, etc....Than upload that

Or I can use my camcorder and record my moniter while the slideshow is playing......all though I think I would need an iLink cable to upload that
I'm not yet familiar with the iLink cable......I had to buy a hotwire to capture video for the Movie Maker. I'm glad I am experimenting with this Movie Maker software.......it gives me an idea on where I want to go with future projects. So far I am wanting to do what this guy is doing to convey messages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6YQFwpntE

Hmmmmmmmmm. It's kind of fun experimenting with this stuff, however, it can be a bit frustrating learning new things.

Old 10-28-2007
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
I'm not yet familiar with the iLink cable......I had to buy a hotwire to capture video for the Movie Maker. I'm glad I am experimenting with this Movie Maker software.......it gives me an idea on where I want to go with future projects. So far I am wanting to do what this guy is doing to convey messages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6YQFwpntE

Hmmmmmmmmm. It's kind of fun experimenting with this stuff, however, it can be a bit frustrating learning new things.

yea....you just gotta have a glass of milk and cookies on the side, while you're experimenting, that relieves the stress...
Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

Quote:
yea....you just gotta have a glass of milk and cookies on the side, while you're experimenting, that relieves the stress...
It's a good thing I bought the low fat chocolate cookies.

Old 10-29-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

You guys are right. This is a complicated assignment since it is so general. There are many things involved here. maybe you can narrow it down

Quote:

yes to all of those questions. You can use screencapture software to record what is on your screen. Camtasia seems to be the most popular. but it's quite expensive. Those who do online tutorials, are most likely using camtasia.

There are programs that will export powerpoint presentations to an avi file. I cannot offer any suggestions since I haven't had the need to do someting like that yet. One problem though, the powerpoint slides do not match the size of standard video (720x480 non-square pixels)

and 3rd, you could record it on your camera then import it on your computer. This is probably the easiest, cheapest way of doing it. You still have deal with the size issue but you could always zoom in camera, and adjust the slides so the content fits within your camera frame. Problem: low quality, depending on the computer screen you might have to deal with glare, computer screen artifacts, etc.

Quote:
I'm not yet familiar with the iLink cable......I had to buy a hotwire to capture video for the Movie Maker.
i-link, firewire, two names for the same IEEE 1394 interface. It's the most common way to import video to your computer. Most cameras nowdays have a plug on their camcorders and one on their computers.

Last edited by SJ; 10-29-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
One problem though, the powerpoint slides do not match the size of standard video (720x480 non-square pixels)
Bummer.

Perhaps if we create the slide with a black background.....maybe that will make it "appear" somewhat seamless?

Old 10-29-2007
Travieso

Hello Deedee,

Not sure what you want, but here's an example of what I did for Ra'yo Xudi TV. I have other clips that I have taken from my Photo Camera, you can check it out on YouTube by searching my name, TlacuiloPilo.

http://www.youtube.com/RayoXudiTV

-Acolmiztli Netzahualcoyotl

"Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

http://rayoxuditv.tk
http://tlacuilopilo.blogspot.com
http://babyamoxtli.blogspot.com

Last edited by TlacuiloPilo; 10-29-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2007
Gunner

Actually that Windows Movie Maker is aight, for simple clips. I never knew my computer came preinstalled with that....
Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

^^^ I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TlacuiloPilo View Post
Hello Deedee,

Not sure what you want, but here's an example of what I did for Ra'yo Xudi TV. I have other clips that I have taken from my Photo Camera, you can check it out on YouTube by searching my name, TlacuiloPilo.

http://www.youtube.com/RayoXudiTV

WOW! That is nice! My "channel" is whynot4get for the moment while I'm experimenting. You did a good job. Is that you talking in the video?

Old 10-29-2007
Gunner

This what I just did with the movie maker on Windows, and added quick beat I made using the FL studio.
Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

VERY COOL!!!!! How long did this one take? I think I spent hours on my blooper video.......geezus. I figured out how to cut video faster and I'm getting faster and better at reducing the time I spend which is what I want and need to do.

I am going to experiment some more with Movie Maker on Halloween.

I like the last part of your video. It sort of reminds me of Freddie Kreuger talking at the end. Just kidding....

Cool nonetheless!

Old 10-29-2007
Gunner

Quote:
VERY COOL!!!!! How long did this one take? I think I spent hours on my blooper video.......geezus. I figured out how to cut video faster and I'm getting faster and better at reducing the time I spend which is what I want and need to do.

I was going to experiment some more on Halloween.

I like the last part! It sort of reminds me of psycho and Freddie talking at the end. Just kidding....

Cool nonetheless!

I took about 15 minutes to make the beat....5 minutes for the pics and text...about another 15 minutes on the movie maker, and than upload it....another 15 minutes reading other threads, till the video processed on youtube, and finally making this post.....that's i think 15 times 3 equals 45, plus 5....a little less than an hour.
Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

Quote:
I took about 15 minutes to make the beat....5 minutes for the pics and text...about another 15 minutes on the movie maker, and than upload it....another 15 minutes reading other threads, till the video processed on youtube, and finally making this post.....that's i think 15 times 3 equals 45, plus 5....a little less than an hour.
I take it this is your first Movie Maker one right?

Did you notice the youtube "mixer" feature?

Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
I made a really quick one last night...took less than five minutes...I can make a much longer one..but I dont wanna waste my time....

http://youtube.com/user/booyayaboo
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Very cute! Thanks. John Stewart for Prez? ROFLMAO!

Old 10-29-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TlacuiloPilo View Post
Hello Deedee,

I did a search like you mentioned and just saw the birth of your daughter. Very cool.........

Old 10-29-2007
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D
I take it this is your first Movie Maker one right?

Did you notice the youtube "mixer" feature?
Yea, I didn't till just know that my computer already came preinstalled with movie maker thing......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets
I made a really quick one last night...took less than five minutes...I can make a much longer one..but I dont wanna waste my time....

http://youtube.com/user/booyayaboo
That was good and really got the message......
Old 10-30-2007
Travieso

Quote:
^^^ I know what you mean.

WOW! That is nice! My "channel" is whynot4get for the moment while I'm experimenting. You did a good job. Is that you talking in the video?
Quote:
I did a search like you mentioned and just saw the birth of your daughter. Very cool.........
They're just simple clips. The ones I'm gonna be doing for Ra'yo Xudi TV are basically a way of simply saying information instead of writing two pages, just like you said. I think you're right on in the matter of too much writing. I usually write essays and articles that I talk about on a radio show, but now I'm doing a transition to YouTube. So yes, it's me the one talking.

Oh yes, the birth of Quetzalli last year. Yeah I recorded it with a camcorder, and then capture it into AVID, which is a professional software. But it's really complicated, and some features can be done like some of the people have already said in this thread. So I suggest to follow their advice. Unless you want to do a really good short film, or a feature, I would suggest to use the Movie Maker too. I'm actually new to the Movie Maker, just discovered it a few weeks back. But since I have already worked with AVID, It was easy for small clips. So in that sense, I'm like you.

I'll check your experimental stuff on YouTube. See you later!
-Acolmiztli Netzahualcoyotl

"Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

http://rayoxuditv.tk
http://tlacuilopilo.blogspot.com
http://babyamoxtli.blogspot.com