Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > The Director's Chair

The Director's Chair A forum for those new and upcoming movie producers. Professional and Amateur.

Old 10-27-2007
Maestro

Question Windows Movie Maker

Does anybody have experience here with Movie Maker? Is there a better software for quick 2 minute videos that is more "technology friendly"?

I'm playing around with some video and was wondering who else has played around with Movie Maker.

I gather there probably isn't a whole lot of people who play around with video.....

"...make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty..." - Obama

"...make sure that they're learning English..." - Obama
Old 10-28-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Re: Windows Movie Maker

movie maker.
Well for being a free app, you can't complain.... oh wait, yes I can. windows movie maker sucks! The whole "free" thing doesn't mean much because macs bundle imovie for free, with all their computers and imovie is 100x more useful than movie maker.

Now I am not suggesting you go out and buy a mac so you can make videos, just trying to point out that you should avoid movie maker and that a good and free solution on the PC side is near impossible. For better software, you'll have to spend some money for a decent editor on the PC side(unfortunately).

I like sony vegas pro. But that's more money than you should probably spend since it's aimed for professionals. So for you I'd recommend sony's software package aimed at consumers called, movie studio. Or if you wish to go with adobe, you can get premiere elements. They are about $100 bucks each. And they are really the only two non-professional editing solutions I'd recommend.
Old 10-28-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
movie maker.
Well for being a free app, you can't complain.... oh wait, yes I can. windows movie maker sucks! The whole "free" thing doesn't mean much because macs bundle imovie for free, with all their computers and imovie is 100x more useful than movie maker.

Now I am not suggesting you go out and buy a mac so you can make videos, just trying to point out that you should avoid movie maker and that a good and free solution on the PC side is near impossible. For better software, you'll have to spend some money for a decent editor on the PC side(unfortunately).

I like sony vegas pro. But that's more money than you should probably spend since it's aimed for professionals. So for you I'd recommend sony's software package aimed at consumers called, movie studio. Or if you wish to go with adobe, you can get premiere elements. They are about $100 bucks each. And they are really the only two non-professional editing solutions I'd recommend.

That's pretty cheap.........I'm so used to the laptop I have now that I am a bit hesitant in buying a Mac. I probably should though.

I'm struggling with what I should do in the way of making certain preparations for 2 - 3 minute clips. I don't want to spend a lot of time on these 2 minute shorts because of time pressures for future projects.

I like M3xic4n's approach when making short videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6YQFwpntE ) when he created his clips......I'm thinking of doing the same thing since my aspirations do not include perfecting videos. I was going to use a KC contact to edit my footage, but I'm afraid that will be too complicated since he is several miles away.

I'm sort of experimenting with ideas at this point and I will look into the tips you gave. Thanks for your comments, SJ.....they are duly noted.

"...make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty..." - Obama

"...make sure that they're learning English..." - Obama
Old 10-28-2007
Veterano

hey dd

how about u and me makking a movie

okkk am a bit bdrunk but eayea