Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > The Director's Chair

The Director's Chair A forum for those new and upcoming movie producers. Professional and Amateur.

Old 02-08-2008
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Soldiers (past or present) with combat experience, PLEASE READ

I am working on the sound design of a short film. We are looking to create a realistic,authentic, iraq battle sound track for this movie. And not be over-the-top.

When this film is being screened, we want people to really feel the soundtrack and be blown away by it. 50% of any film is the soundtrack and it amazes me how often it gets overlooked. It is very important for us to get it right.

What I am looking for is advisors, who has been in combat so he/she can advise us and review some of the sound mixes that are being created. And check for accuracy. There is no need to present, it can been done via email and sound clips can posted online to hear. You will be financially compensated for your time and you'll be invited for the official screening.(scheduled for early april)

This film covers the topic of P.T.S.D. A very serious issue among our soldiers and we want to cover it in the most respectful way possible.

If this topic interests you, or you would like to hear more about this project, please email me. Please include a short bio, combat experience, how much time you can dedicate to this project and what you look forward in getting out of this project.

Thanks for your time

Please pass this along to someone who might be interested.

more info on PTSD
http://www.athealth.com/Consumer/dis...ptsdfacts.html

Last edited by SJ; 06-18-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2008
Prospect

Default Re: Soldiers (past or present) with combat experience, PLEASE READ

damn thats crazy...well im currently in Iraq, baghdad..so i could kinda help u know what i mean.... shts crazy... some battles r intense..but yea email me... santosdaddy@yahoo.com..... n ill let u know a lil more of what i know...