Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Default Re: A message of an Eternal brother Lakota to "his-panic" people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You support shamenesty? You support awarding people who are essentially "law breakers, or criminals" to be "forgiven"? If you break a law in this country, you can bet your ass you will probably not be forgiven. There was already a shamnesty-- we don't need another one. This means that every 20 or so years people are going to want more and more amnesty's. WHY?!
Why? For economic as well as humanitarian reason's. We no doubt need the workers. In addition, our country was built on the back of hard working immigrants from many different lands including China, Ireland, Italy, the continent of Africa and many others. As far as law breaking is concerned, tell me if you plan to turn yourself in to your local police today for the many infractions you commit on a daily basis?

Now, would I want felons deported? Of course. But to label them all "law breakers" is absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo El Dorado
For those of you still asking who to vote for...vote for McCain
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMX View Post
That's about right but even with that percentage the non-indian population never reached more than 15% of the population.
How can there be more indians than Mexicans now. Do you know how many indians were left after the Spanish took over Mexico? 1-1.5 million. To put it in perspective there are around 20 million people in Mexico City. Those indians would have had to have reproduced at impossible rate.s
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by libratarius View Post
Why? For economic as well as humanitarian reason's. We no doubt need the workers. In addition, our country was built on the back of hard working immigrants from many different lands including China, Ireland, Italy, the continent of Africa and many others. As far as law breaking is concerned, tell me if you plan to turn yourself in to your local police today for the many infractions you commit on a daily basis?

Now, would I want felons deported? Of course. But to label them all "law breakers" is absurd.
Economic and humanitarian? People in Mexico are NOT starving. Mexico is the 15th country in the world compared to GDP. Mexico can not be compared to countries in sub-saharan Africa. Yes our country was built on the backs of hard working immigrants-- LEGAL immigrants that is. I have no problem with people legally coming here. Much respect. I commit daily infractions? LOL! Where? When?
Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Quote:
. I commit daily infractions? LOL! Where? When?
We will probably agree on more things than we will disagree on here. But let's be honest. Do you speed? Do you ever jay walk? Do you commit rolling stops? Of course these are minor, but none the less they are infractions that are punishable are they not? Next time you notice you are speeding down the highway, do you promise to pull off the road and drive to the nearest police station and have them write you a citation? If so, then I will consider changing my position
Quote:
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
We will probably agree on more things than we will disagree on here. But let's be honest. Do you speed? Do you ever jay walk? Do you commit rolling stops? Of course these are minor, but none the less they are infractions that are punishable are they not? Next time you notice you are speeding down the highway, do you promise to pull off the road and drive to the nearest police station and have them write you a citation? If so, then I will consider changing my position
I do not speed because I do not have my license yet. I do not jay-walk because I have no need to cross main roads. This is why we have laws, to abide by them.
Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Quote:
I do not speed because I do not have my license yet. I do not jay-walk because I have no need to cross main roads. This is why we have laws, to abide by them.
So you are perfect? Be careful what you say, the last man that was perfect was nailed to a cross.
Quote:
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
So you are perfect? Be careful what you say, the last man that was perfect was nailed to a cross.

I'm not percfect, but I do try to abide by laws and have respect for them.
Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Quote:
I'm not percfect, but I do try to abide by laws and have respect for them.
Some laws are either dumb or outdated. We need to change the laws as our needs change. Check this interesting site out regarding dumb laws. It is entertaining and i think it helps make my point.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california
Quote:
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Please provide actual Government source to those "claims".
Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Quote:
Please provide actual Government source to those "claims".
Are you talking to me? If so, what claims are you referring to?
Quote:
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
Are you talking to me? If so, what claims are you referring to?
The supposed "laws" on that website. Seems complete bogus to me.
Old 09-08-2008
Estudiante

Quote:
The supposed "laws" on that website. Seems complete bogus to me.
In some cases there are links. Here is the link for the one in California that outlaws bath houses.

http://www.dumblaws.com/law/190

Here is one in Arizona, where it is illegal to manufacture fake cocaine.

http://www.dumblaws.com/law/30
Quote:

Last edited by libratarius; 09-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2008
Director

Quote:
In some cases there are links. Here is the link for the one in California that outlaws bath houses.

http://www.dumblaws.com/law/190

Here is one in Arizona, where it is illegal to manufacture fake cocaine.

http://www.dumblaws.com/law/30
Those are more reasonable and actually have a source. I wouldn't call those laws "dumb".
Old 09-10-2008
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Quote:
How can there be more indians than Mexicans now. Do you know how many indians were left after the Spanish took over Mexico? 1-1.5 million. To put it in perspective there are around 20 million people in Mexico City. Those indians would have had to have reproduced at impossible rate.s
Mexicans (real) are Indians. Yes I know how many *estimated* Natives were left after the Spanish took over.The number given is debatable, but regardless, even with those numbers, the non-Indian population did not compromise more than 12% of the population for that time and not more than 15% at any point in time.

Sorry to burst your dream of being mostly Spanish but you are one of "those Indians".
Old 09-10-2008
Director

Quote:
Mexicans (real) are Indians. Yes I know how many *estimated* Natives were left after the Spanish took over.The number given is debatable, but regardless, even with those numbers, the non-Indian population did not compromise more than 12% of the population for that time and not more than 15% at any point in time.

Sorry to burst your dream of being mostly Spanish but you are one of "those Indians".
You said it yourself, if indians never compromised 15% of the population, how is everyone an indian? I'd say a lot of people from northern Mexico are more Castizo than anything.
Old 09-10-2008
Director

Quote:
You said it yourself, if indians never compromised 15% of the population, how is everyone an indian? I'd say a lot of people from northern Mexico are more Castizo than anything.
I don't know about your families' rancho/pueblo, but it depends where you go.

I wish Citlalin was still a regular member. She does genetic work for the University of New Mexico I believe. She showed us some studies carried out in various border towns in Mexico showing that your average, run-of-the-mill Mexicano has about 80-85% Native blood. That was in various locations and taken at random.

FYI, it's also been noted that there were just as many (possibly more) Blacks taken to Mexico than Spaniards. Remember that not all Blacks taken there were counted. Some were smuggled into Mexico so as not to exceed the quota for a given year.

Also, northern Mexico was known as a popular getaway for escaped slaves from Texas and nearby Louisiana so assuming that everyone mixed (not everyone did), northern Mexicans would be more Black than European.

Note to Quimix: I'm not saying that all Mexicans are mixed with Black so don't bite my head off!!
Old 09-10-2008
Director

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Californio View Post
I don't know about your families' rancho/pueblo, but it depends where you go.

I wish Citlalin was still a regular member. She does genetic work for the University of New Mexico I believe. She showed us some studies carried out in various border towns in Mexico showing that your average, run-of-the-mill Mexicano has about 80-85% Native blood. That was in various locations and taken at random.
I think it varies on geographical location. My family comes from Northern Mexico where the Spanish seed was tossed around a lot. There are quite a few families in the pueblo from where my parents are from who have light skinned and blue-green eyes. In fact, one of my uncles has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes because of my grandpa's side.

Quote:
FYI, it's also been noted that there were just as many (possibly more) Blacks taken to Mexico than Spaniards. Remember that not all Blacks taken there were counted. Some were smuggled into Mexico so as not to exceed the quota for a given year.
At one point, yes, there were more Blacks than Spanish. However this was in Southern Mexico predominantly. I've seen a few Blacks in Mexico..

Quote:
Also, northern Mexico was known as a popular getaway for escaped slaves from Texas and nearby Louisiana so assuming that everyone mixed (not everyone did), northern Mexicans would be more Black than European.
Escaped slaves from Mexico usually went north into the United States because they were "free" up there.

Quote:
Note to Quimix: I'm not saying that all Mexicans are mixed with Black so don't bite my head off!!
I'm sure saying Mexicans who are mixed with anything thats not indian will offend him. So I won't tell him the origins of Mexican music and food (arroz con leche is actually arabic and horchata is Spanish, just thought you should know . Present day indians in Oaxaca eat tacos made out of bugs). Typical brown supremacist agenda
Old 09-10-2008
Veterano

Send a message via Yahoo to Mousiie

Quote:

Quote:
Californio you misread. He said non-Indian did not compromise.. "not more than 15% of the population".. You dropped the "non" and twisted the message..

Last edited by Mousiie; 09-10-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2008
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Quote:
learn to read hijo, i said NON-INDIAN

Quote:
I'm sure saying Mexicans who are mixed with anything thats not indian will offend him. So I won't tell him the origins of Mexican music and food (arroz con leche is actually arabic and horchata is Spanish, just thought you should know . Present day indians in Oaxaca eat tacos made out of bugs). Typical brown supremacist agenda
It's ok, I understand .You are ignorant to your native roots and as such you loathe that aspect of yourself.

Last edited by QMX; 09-10-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2008
Director

Quote:
I think it varies on geographical location. My family comes from Northern Mexico where the Spanish seed was tossed around a lot. There are quite a few families in the pueblo from where my parents are from who have light skinned and blue-green eyes. In fact, one of my uncles has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes because of my grandpa's side.
Colored eyes & blond hair don't mean that someone is exclusively (or even mostly) of European heritage.

In the studies that were shown by Citlalin, there was a Mexicana or Chicana (I don't recall) that was light and had colored eyes who's family was from northern Mexico. Her whole family was basically all light skinned & had colored eyes. Tios, tias, abuelos, etc.

Family lore even stated that three of her grandparents were from France & Spain. Basically she was astonished that her results showed 52% Native heritage so she retested only to get the same result.

Also, not all Natives had the stereotypical pitch black hair, brown eyes, and were dark skinned. Even in Spanish accounts, they noted encountering some Natives who were as light as they were. Hazel eyes and brown, even red hair were not unheard of Native features.

Quote:
At one point, yes, there were more Blacks than Spanish. However this was in Southern Mexico predominantly. I've seen a few Blacks in Mexico..
Not necessarily true. What about Veracruz?

Quote:
Escaped slaves from Mexico usually went north into the United States because they were "free" up there.
Wrong. They entered Native lands occupied by Natives and some sparse Spanish settlements. Those found by the Spanish (or Hispanisized Natives) were caught and re-enslaved. Those who found their way to Native settlements were often free to live with the Natives.

Quote:
Those things don't surprise me, considering rice and cows both do not originate in Mexico. What's next, someone telling me that chorizo isn't originally from Mexico either?

Seriously though. Most Mexican food is based on Native foods. Everything from the taco to pozole, barbacoa to enchiladas (minus the cheese) is Native based. Our cooking is NOT based on Spanish cuisine.

Example: "Spanish" rice, the mexican version, is colored and flavored by tomatoes (another Native food), not saffron, which is used in true Spanish rice.

In fact, the rest of the world has benefitted more from European contact with Mexico (and the Americas) than the other way around. From the Bulgarian use of paprika (a chile) to chile use in China, SE Asia & India, tomatoes (imagine Italian food without them), potatoes (where would the Irish, Russians, and Poles be?), to corn (grown widely throughout sub-Saharan Africa, India, and China).

Amazing when you consider that mere "savages" created or developed these foods
Old 09-10-2008
Director

[QUOTE]
Quote:
learn to read hijo, i said NON-INDIAN
If you said non-indian that's pretty much a lie. There were 1.5 million indians in the U.S upon Spanish arrival. 1492-2008. That's 516 years, you can't seriously tell me after all the Blacks and Spanish arrived that people are mostly indian.

Quote:
It's ok, I understand .You are ignorant to your native roots and as such you loathe that aspect of yourself.
You have yet to explain how I self-loathe.

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'
Old 09-10-2008
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Quote:
If you said non-indian that's pretty much a lie. There were 1.5 million indians in the U.S upon Spanish arrival. 1492-2008. That's 516 years, you can't seriously tell me after all the Blacks and Spanish arrived that people are mostly indian.
1.5 million Indians when the Spanish came?
I'm not even gonna try.You are obviously greatly misinformed.
Old 09-10-2008
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Californio View Post
Colored eyes & blond hair don't mean that someone is exclusively (or even mostly) of European heritage.

In the studies that were shown by Citlalin, there was a Mexicana or Chicana (I don't recall) that was light and had colored eyes who's family was from northern Mexico. Her whole family was basically all light skinned & had colored eyes. Tios, tias, abuelos, etc.

Family lore even stated that three of her grandparents were from France & Spain. Basically she was astonished that her results showed 52% Native heritage so she retested only to get the same result.
May I have a source of these studies?

Quote:
Also, not all Natives had the stereotypical pitch black hair, brown eyes, and were dark skinned. Even in Spanish accounts, they noted encountering some Natives who were as light as they were. Hazel eyes and brown, even red hair were not unheard of Native features.
Source for this claim?

Quote:
Not necessarily true. What about Veracruz?
Vera Cruz is in southern Mexico, also a place where lots of Africans settled.

Quote:
Wrong. They entered Native lands occupied by Natives and some sparse Spanish settlements. Those found by the Spanish (or Hispanisized Natives) were caught and re-enslaved. Those who found their way to Native settlements were often free to live with the Natives.
I can't exactly site the source for this one, I read it in a history textbook.

Quote:
Seriously though. Most Mexican food is based on Native foods. Everything from the taco to pozole, barbacoa to enchiladas (minus the cheese) is Native based. Our cooking is NOT based on Spanish cuisine.

Example: "Spanish" rice, the mexican version, is colored and flavored by tomatoes (another Native food), not saffron, which is used in true Spanish rice.
Even then a lot of Mexican food also has Spanish origins. Cows were not indigenous to Mexico, neither was pork, chicken or sheep.

Quote:
Amazing when you consider that mere "savages" created or developed these foods
I think its safe to say the larger indian civilizations in present day Mexico were significantly more advanced then the tribes up here in present day U.S. The word Apache comes to mind when describing savages

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

Old 09-10-2008
Director

Quote:
1.5 million Indians when the Spanish came?
I'm not even gonna try.You are obviously greatly misinformed.
It is in my notebook right now. I'm taking a History class about Mexicans in American history. There was 22 million indians before the Spanish arrived, and when they stopped immigrating there was around 1.5 million. After the disease, after the war e.t.c

Old 09-10-2008
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Quote:
It is in my notebook right now. I'm taking a History class about Mexicans in American history. There was 22 million indians before the Spanish arrived, and when they stopped immigrating there was around 1.5 million. After the disease, after the war e.t.c
If you study deeper, those general numbers only account for the valley of central Mexico, hardly representative of all Mexico.. even with the indian population decline that is so often propagated, the NON-INDIAN population never made up more than 15%.
I know you're trying hard to be Spanish so its coo.You dont have to be native if you don't want to. You're doing a pretty good job cleanisng and assimilating yourself from being one of us.