Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 12-30-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipajpe
I am in total agreement here, and aplaud any effort to expose fakes, and people portraying the "elder."

By the way, I speak from first hand experience on most of these Poser behaviors.

I fell for it all at first.

Quote:
I coudln't have said it better, I NEVER understood the illogical approach to this, it's as if trends mean more than actual acts done by the people. In Mexico alone, we have a mountain full of people which dedicated their lives and even gave their lives for the people and communities of Mexico, yet find everyone worshiping a criollo CHE.

EXACTLY.

Quote:
- Promoting Carlos Castandea concepts which Castaneda even admitted were frauds before he died. (He was confronted on it by an researcher.)

JAJAJAJJAJAA, Do you have the link or the information on such?
I have nearly laguhed myself into a coma reading about people practing Casteñas b.s, and pretending to by Don Juan Matus.

thanks for the list.

It's in a book and I think you can get it through Amazon.
Also, there is a book by the woman who Carlos Castaneda slept around with, and she appartley tells how fruadulent he was looking back on it all.

And there is a documentary out it,too. Forgto the name, but it shouldnt be too hard to find. It's recent.

Oh yeah, another interesting fact is that Carlos Castaneda wasnt Mexican.
He was either born in Peru or Brazil (different stories).

And his name wasnt "Castañeda" either.
He changed it to a Hispanic name before he immigrated here.

And the New Age movement considers Castaneda to be the "Godfather of the New Age Movement" !
Old 12-31-2005
Fresh Meat!

Default Mexika Identity

wow, all these comments: caen pesado. as for the castaneda comments, regardless of how fake he was, he is an interesting perspective and if he causes that much attention (and has all these fans and enemies) he must be worth reading. i don't think "religion" is as crazy its "followers." i am interested in knowing any perspectives on this: its cool that Mexika Identity is getting reactions but what does all this have to do with the report? how does it change things? i feel like the report is misread. my impression is that people are just looking for a way to feel whole. will claiming olmec ancestry or any national identity really help make lost people feel complete? in contrast, will judging/critisizing/or disrespecting lost people effectively improve things to make them feel complete enough to be "real" revolutionaries? what makes someone a "real" revolutionary? who really cares? i think it all comes down to: Nesesidad y Voluntadad from the people that struggle the most, like those of Guatemala, anyone else can't really place themselves as such. But cada mente es un mundo. everyone can say what they want, it won't hurt my feelings. nonetheless, if anyone can give me material on castaneda haters: i'd be grateful HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU~!
Old 12-31-2005
Gunner

Default Re: Mexika Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan
But cada mente es un mundo. everyone can say what they want, it won't hurt my feelings. nonetheless, if anyone can give me material on castaneda haters: i'd be grateful

http://www.johngilmore.com/Celebriti...CASTANEDA.html

"'People who told the truth were fools', Carlos said. He believed lying was more creative than telling the truth. There was never any such person as Don Juan," said Jim. Even the name was Carlos’ joke about his inability to get laid. The whole Indian thing was just his imaginative wanderings—like he’d wander at night, never sleeping much. He’d just sit around making up stories to get people to think of him as an intelligent and important person.

"There was no depth to Carlos," said another friend, a Ph.D. "He wouldn’t go out on lecture circuits because he was afraid of being challenged. His theory of the superior man who lies was okay as an individual position behind a security wall at Malibu Beach, but on the podium he feared those who could dig into his lies.

When UCLA found out there was no medicine man, they kicked him out. It
was all fake ..."

http://www.castanedamovie.com/The%20New%20York%20Times%20%20Movies%20%20Movie%20 Review%20%20'Carlos%20Castaneda%20Enigma%20of%20a% 20Sorcerer'%20The%20Shaman%20May%20Have%20Been%20F ake,%20but,%20Hey,%20the%20Drugs%20Were%20Real.htm

"...this digital video documentary piles up plenty of evidence that Don Juan, the Yaqui shaman from Mexico who supposedly trained Castaneda in the ancient Indian ways of accessing alternative realties, was a complete invention on Castaneda's part."
Old 01-02-2006
Mocoso

Hello Don Juan,

wow, all these comments: caen pesado. as for the castaneda comments, regardless of how fake he was, he is an interesting perspective and if he causes that much attention (and has all these fans and enemies) he must be worth reading.

In regards to his books, the first one and another are very interesting, and yes at times worth reading. I won't deny this, he is as was stated refered to "the godfather of new age" yet if you read about his first encounters with Don Juan, it is suspect. You are lead to believe one of two things,
1) If Don Juan did exist, then it could explain his in debt detail about certain things which are authentically mexican indigenous spirituality, this needs no explaining as it is a personal matter, but for those which are familar with culture, and tradition they will notice certain things which are authentic.

2) IF Don Juan never existed then he must of somehow learned certain things from research of informatives, nontheless, the first book describing his excounters with DOn Juan are very interesting.

i don't think "religion" is as crazy its "followers." i am interested in knowing any perspectives on this: its cool that Mexika Identity is getting reactions but what does all this have to do with the report? how does it change things? i feel like the report is misread. my impression is that people are just looking for a way to feel whole. will claiming olmec ancestry or any national identity really help make lost people feel complete? in contrast, will judging/critisizing/or disrespecting lost people effectively improve things to make them feel complete enough to be "real" revolutionaries? what makes someone a "real" revolutionary? who really cares? i think it all comes down to: Nesesidad y Voluntadad from the people that struggle the most, like those of Guatemala, anyone else can't really place themselves as such. But cada mente es un mundo. everyone can say what they want, it won't hurt my feelings. nonetheless, if anyone can give me material on castaneda haters: i'd be grateful HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU~!

In regards to the Mexica identity, many of the people from both sides of the border if "lost" as stated owe such status to many years of government sponsered assimilation and acculturation attempts. This including the socio climate have had drastic affects on identity.

If you would like to read more on Castañeda's books try a search on yahoo or google, you begin to see a change in his writings, there is a difference, from his first books to the last.
Yet I leave it to you to point out what you see of interest.
Old 01-02-2006
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Que paso Sipajpe.
ITs good to see u. its been a while,very refreshing to hear your words.

For whatever its worth, I heard through the grapevine that this Don Juan did exist but at some point Carlos Castaneda broke promises of a confidential nature and thus Don Juan severed ties and acknowledgment of Carlos.
Just waht Ive heard anyway from various sources, dont how true it is but I can see it being reasonable.
Ive never completed any books of his although I did get 2/3rds of the way into 1: "The teachings of Don Juan" so my knowledge of Carlos' writings are very limited.
Old 01-02-2006
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimichipilli
For whatever its worth, I heard through the grapevine that this Don Juan did exist but at some point Carlos Castaneda broke promises of a confidential nature and thus Don Juan severed ties and acknowledgment of Carlos.

No, no, no.

I heard through my super secret oral tradition (you'll have to take my word for it! ) prophecy elder
that Don Juan was an alien who got stuck here when the Stargate ran out of cosmic energy after the mother ship accidently had an attack by the Klingons.

Fortunately, Bilbo Baggins and Gandolf came to the rescue of Don Juan and carried his oral teachings to Carlos Castaneda at UCLA.

According to my "grapevine," Carlos Castaneda left out how Don Juan also had Vulcan blood.

PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Oh yeah, I also heard through my oral tradition that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston are getting back together.
Old 01-02-2006
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Quote:
I heard through my super secret oral tradition (you'll have to take my word for it! Wink ) prophecy elder
that Don Juan was an alien who got stuck here when the Stargate ran out of cosmic energy after the mother ship accidently had an attack by the Klingons.
Thats the one that sounds more plausible. I just didnt want to get to deep w the earthlings here.
Old 01-02-2006
Mocoso

HEllo Quimichpilli,

thanks for the info. I forgot the name of the book I read completely, yet it was very interesting.
Old 01-02-2006
Gunner

Quote:
1) If Don Juan did exist, then it could explain his in debt detail about certain things which are authentically mexican indigenous spirituality, this needs no explaining as it is a personal matter

I've often thought that about people like Stephen Kin gor John Clancy or William Shakespeare.

No human being could possibly make up vivid deatails and then writew them down. It's just not humanly possibly to actually have a vivid imagination.
Old 01-02-2006
Mocoso

I've often thought that about people like Stephen Kin gor John Clancy or William Shakespeare.
You are comparing "apples and oranges"

In regards to the novels, which are based off murder and such, everyone is aware or can easily be made aware of different forms of murder, or death, or things of that nature.
Also, if you have read some of Shakespear what is described are not out of the ordinary acts, such as betrayal, romance, lust.

No human being could possibly make up vivid deatails and then writew them down.

jajajajaja

It's just not humanly possibly to actually have a vivid imagination.

Actually, it is very possible, yet this is not the point.

This would be the equivalent, of a person that never met nor heard of Michoacanos, yet would sit and describe what happens in a festival, the procedures, and their significanze. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, that if such were to occur that it would be entirely made up, and not without SOME SOURCE.
Old 01-15-2006
Travieso

Anahuac History... I need to talk to you, maybe via personal message, email, or here. It is a proposal about something I have being doing, and since you talk about acting all together, I wanted to share it with the Mexica Movement, but don't know how.
-Acolmiztli Netzahualcoyotl

"Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

http://rayoxuditv.tk
http://tlacuilopilo.blogspot.com
http://babyamoxtli.blogspot.com
Old 09-19-2014
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Searching For a Soul: MEXIKA IDENTITY

bump

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 09-19-2014
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero
Default Re: Searching For a Soul: MEXIKA IDENTITY

Crazy how a piece of literature can fire so many people up. Regardless of whether you agree or not, the effect of Castaneda is undeniable.