Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Education

Education A place where students of any grade or anyone doing research can ask for assistance or guidance. Working on a project... share your progress.

Old 04-11-2013
Director

Default Re: Developing a Healthy Sexuality

I know numbers and statistics are boring, but they matter none the less.

At some point you will be asking them to step to the line with regard to something directly related to them or their sexual knowledge/philosophy/history etc. This is where I think having true numbers beforehand comes into play.

Say if 8 out of 10 girls answer an anonymous survey seeking out parental communication/knowledge etc ... I'm pretty sure 8 wouldn't step to the line had they been randomly asked on the spot (even if softly led up to it). They'd probably look to see which of their friends stepped up before mustering up the courage to do so, let alone on their own accord.

Having the real numbers (say the 8 in my example) let's you know the subject is an issue of importance and should be discussed, but will also help you in understanding if it is emberrassing to discuss openly for many of them. In those instances you might infer that the discussion could be better served if approached differently.

Idk, just my input.
Old 04-11-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_

Thanks for the feedback. I agree.

The step to the line is an interactive way to get discussion started. The girls are encouraged to be honest and nonjudgmental but of course, this we cannot control. We are more concerned with planting the seed of curiosity in their minds, than we are with keeping track of how many girls said what.

We are also compiling a booklet of FAQ's and other info, along with trusted resources (such as .gov or .org sites rather than yahoo answers) for their future questions.

Sadly this is only one session of our program, if it were up to me I would have designed a whole semester's worth of sex ed.

Here is the format for the session:
Educate
Interact - as in interactive activity
Debrief

Old 04-28-2013
Mocoso

Exclamation Re: Developing a Healthy Sexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post
I will respond to you in PM. It's a serious subject. I don't want to be ridiculed by certain jerks here.

I respect the moderators are busy people but this bothers me.

I have come to realize alot of the raunchy comments directed at many of the women here are from male members who are respected members of this soy community that everyone is friends with. I feel like were I to address this, I am the one who is going to end up in trouble so I will bite my tongue. Besides, you and the other women here can fend for yourselves and dont need me butting into your business.
Dont assume that when people speak of the sacrifices they've made that they are speaking of self sacrifice. The wolves here are disguised as sheep and the sheep are framed and slaughtered by the wolves.
Old 04-28-2013
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

I wouldnt go as far to say they are "respected". Since the male/female interactive chain is about half and half. Tolerated would be more like it.
Old 04-28-2013
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post

Nelio for being a douchbag sometimes you certainly get my respect around here.
So your trying to say your want my pepe?

FUCKING COCHINA!
Old 04-28-2013
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMAINING STRONG View Post
I respect the moderators are busy people but this bothers me.

I have come to realize alot of the raunchy comments directed at many of the women here are from male members who are respected members of this soy community that everyone is friends with. I feel like were I to address this, I am the one who is going to end up in trouble so I will bite my tongue. Besides, you and the other women here can fend for yourselves and dont need me butting into your business.
there's really nothing to moderate. Some people just take themselves more serious than others around here.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 04-29-2013
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
there's really nothing to moderate. Some people just take themselves more serious than others around here.
I find it ironic for you to be the one saying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post

Im just saying most posters here ,past or present get a semblance of respect even if we know there are clear differences of opinion and perspectives among us.Even if we think they lack character or credability ect..we give everyone a fair chance and benefit of the doubt.
That is a good policy. I commend you on that.

we have gone way off topic.
Dont assume that when people speak of the sacrifices they've made that they are speaking of self sacrifice. The wolves here are disguised as sheep and the sheep are framed and slaughtered by the wolves.

Last edited by REMAINING STRONG; 04-29-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2015
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
when I was 13-17 I wish I had known God wasnt watching me jerk off or fucking. And that I wasnt going to go to hell for these things.
amen!
Old 01-10-2015
Miss Mod
Veterano

SEX!

Good topic lol. Would love to hear how the actual session went. Aztec Princess, come back and share!

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own