Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Chicano Movement

Chicano Movement Share information relating to The Chicano Movement

Old 06-26-2009
Chicle

Send a message via AIM to Mi Gente
Default Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

If you REALLY care about tu gente, read this:

Mexicans Are Lazy? This what an Indian friend is questioning me with. This person says that most Indians believe that Mexicans living in the US are the laziest, most criminal-like, and uneducated people. These Indians believe that "Mexico is a very good country and no one would want to leave a very good country, where you speak one tongue and live with one ppl."

He says that if you think really, really hard, "Mexico is in the top 20% of the world. They only have problems with the government. That's it. They have good resources (oil)."

He says:

Even if Mexico has corrupted government, every government is corrupted. Look at Indian government. They are 10 x more corrupt than Mexico. And, they Indians produce faster doctors, than Mexicans. (so, this Indian friend doesn't want to hear this excuse of corrupted government)

I showed him stuff about difficult life in Mexico, and he responds, "Have you seen the stuff al qaeda does? that's 300000 times worse than mexico. they do car bombings. they behead ppl. suicide bombings."

Mexico's problems are "pussy shit", he says.

Also, he says "that's the entire reason i'm asking this question". "I'm trying to understand the mexican culture. i'm so saddened that they aren't succeeding the way they should. if countries with horrible governments that murder and kill ppl. and discrimiante women. and behead questioners, can bring in the most educated ppl, i don't see why mexico can't".

Después, he says "mexico is a very blessed country. beautiful. oil. beautiful women. i dunno what's wrong. that's why i wanted to hear it from a mexican's perspective"

Then, he says "well. look at the middle east. it's so bad. the u.s. has to go there and fix stuff up. i really want to know why mexicans are not succeeding. they really should. where im coming from is that if mexicans can't succeed in the united states, we should really consider some actions. honestly, because LA used to be a place where you could unlock ur door. and not worry. now we have all this gang violence."

Anyways, I would just like to hear YOUR THOUGHTS on this. Gracias. I'm Mexican, and I'm debating with him about this.

Last edited by Mi Gente; 06-26-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2009
Gunner

Default Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

I'm not going back anytime soon...fuck that.
Old 06-27-2009
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Since when has their been Beheadings in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Gente
honestly, because LA used to be a place where you could unlock ur door. and not worry. now we have all this gang violence.
I am not from L.A, but when the fuck was this? Meaning HOW LONG AGO WAS THIS? Gangs have been in L.A for 50+ yrs, so he needs to get his shit straight there.

To that other stuff, Mexicans do have a larger population here, but there are also alot of Indians coming over here. SO whats their excuse? better living? More money?

Same difference. If he is talking about mexicans being lazy in building up their own country, maybe that has a slight truth to it. But Mexicans come here to work and get paid better. I dont see that as being lazy. Now as to them producing Doctors and shit, BIG FUCKING DEAL. Maybe someone doesnt want to be a doctor and is not being hounded by their familys, like Indians, to be doctors.
Old 06-27-2009
Estudiante

Some Indian parents put a lot of pressure on their kids when it comes to academics..like Asian parents they can be ruthless about it. Most Mexicans who immigrate are more worried about putting food on the table and put less emphasis on things like "status" or what social class you're from.

They're two completely different cultures with different priorities and different problems. That Indian person you're debating with is generalizing; there are 1 billion Indians for goodness' sake, a large number lives under the povery line in slums and the lucky ones (i.e. RICH ones) who have the possibility to emigrate to the States, grow up in the UK or are from the correct "caste" get a good education and become doctors. I say good for them. It also helps that English is an official second language in India.

"Y entonces nadie preguntará quién sembró lo que se cosecha" - Subcommandante Marcos

Stand up for the Underdog,
Speak for the Unspoken.

Old 06-27-2009
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmina View Post
Some Indian parents put a lot of pressure on their kids when it comes to academics..like Asian parents they can be ruthless about it. Most Mexicans who immigrate are more worried about putting food on the table and put less emphasis on things like "status" or what social class you're from.

They're two completely different cultures with different priorities and different problems. That Indian person you're debating with is generalizing; there are 1 billion Indians for goodness' sake, a large number lives under the povery line in slums and the lucky ones (i.e. RICH ones) who have the possibility to emigrate to the States, grow up in the UK or are from the correct "caste" get a good education and become doctors. I say good for them. It also helps that English is an official second language in India.
Exactly.

I have a friend that is from India and he thinks im stupid for some reason and we have another friend that is Asian and he thinks is the smartest person just becuase he is Asian.
The truth is i'm the smartest, i may not be as book smart as them but they don't know shit about anything.
Old 06-27-2009
Mocoso

Arrow Re: Mexicans Are Lazy? Indians Believe So

since we are talking about asians and people from india here---
every racial group has a set of racial sterotypes about other races..
mexicans themselves look upon asians,people from india and arabs as ugly,dirty,strange alien cold robot-like,unhuman, lame wimps,nerds and chickenshit greedy selfish bastards.."muertos de hambre"..so we have our sterotypes too..
i grew up in a highly multiethnic/racial area and had friends from all races so I had the opportunity to learn some of their ways and thinking..
asians as a group are more educated and belong to the professional class much more than mexican people or blacks..
so they have that age old prejudice that the educated class/bureaucrats have always had against those who work with their hands..
asians in general have a more focused and disciplined attitude towards education and social advancement that is culturally based..
as an example silicon valley the world mecca of high technology has a very high percentage of mexican people yet silicon valley is dominated mostly by white and asian engineers and technicians..
most of the technological innovations and design come from whites or asians..
why?
I don't have the answers,but PC thought explains away such obvious discrepencies on "social environmental" dynamics..
others think genetic and biological forces have much to do with it..
personally,i have my theory..
before the whites came to the america the original natives of the americas had incredibly advanced civilizations..stunningly brilliant in the areas of astronomy,architecture,agriculture,mathematics..th e list goes on and on..
after the whites came and conquered the americas they interbred with
the native women and produced mestizos..
..since then nothing has evolved from latin america that nowhere even approaches the genius and brillance of pre white america..latin america as a region is mediocre..
yes,there are individuals amongst the raza who are geniuses and brilliant of course there will always be those exceptional gifted people..

but like the sayings go .."the proof is in the pudding".."there it is"..
the socio-economic hierarchy in this country will be thus...whites ..asians..blacks... latinos..
with the incredibly high drop out rate of mexicans we are the least educated of all..
i come from the mexican culture and as a culture we do not place great emphasis and focus on "achievement" or " excellence"..sad commentary many mexican parents tell their kids.."just get any job,make enough to pay your rent and buy some food,that's all you need"..in other words be happy,contented and adapt to poverty..
as a matter of fact intellectualism is frowned upon and disrespected by mexican culture compared to the jewish or asian cultures who place great importance on intellectual skills and abilities..mexican people on the other hand place more value on a lower value system such as physical intimidation,cleverness(not intelligence)..
..extreme violence,self-gratification/self-indulgence in alcohol,drugs or sexuality..( partying and useless fucking around)..irresponsibility in relations with women..single latinas now have surpassed black women in the rate of producing children out of marriage..
is it no wonder we see our people in such a mess??
mexicans will always be on the bottom until they have a revolution in their own culture and change their cultural priorities..
chicanos mexicanos need a cultural revolution.. we can't and shouldn't always blame "whitey" for all our shortcomings and problems..bringing down the "white power structure" is necessary and good of course but change will also entail changing ourselves and accepting responsibilty ..
Old 06-27-2009
Veterano

Indians are sellouts because I said so.

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Old 06-27-2009
Gunner

That's right.
Old 06-27-2009
Veterano

Wait what kind of indians we talking about???
american indians like shoshoni,crow,kickapoo??
Or the indians at the 7-11 with a red dot on their forehead?

Old 06-27-2009
Estudiante

Thank you come again!

"Y entonces nadie preguntará quién sembró lo que se cosecha" - Subcommandante Marcos

Stand up for the Underdog,
Speak for the Unspoken.

Old 06-27-2009
Travieso

Some of us have the ability to do great things but we don't becuase we don't put the effort.

What we need is more educated Chicano in America.

Last edited by Tony602; 06-27-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2009
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor ass chicano View Post
since we are talking about asians and people from india here---
every racial group has a set of racial sterotypes about other races..
mexicans themselves look upon asians,people from india and arabs as ugly,dirty,strange alien cold robot-like,unhuman, lame wimps,nerds and chickenshit greedy selfish bastards.."muertos de hambre"..so we have our sterotypes too..
i grew up in a highly multiethnic/racial area and had friends from all races so I had the opportunity to learn some of their ways and thinking..
asians as a group are more educated and belong to the professional class much more than mexican people or blacks..
so they have that age old prejudice that the educated class/bureaucrats have always had against those who work with their hands..
asians in general have a more focused and disciplined attitude towards education and social advancement that is culturally based..
as an example silicon valley the world mecca of high technology has a very high percentage of mexican people yet silicon valley is dominated mostly by white and asian engineers and technicians..
most of the technological innovations and design come from whites or asians..
why?
I don't have the answers,but PC thought explains away such obvious discrepencies on "social environmental" dynamics..
others think genetic and biological forces have much to do with it..
personally,i have my theory..
before the whites came to the america the original natives of the americas had incredibly advanced civilizations..stunningly brilliant in the areas of astronomy,architecture,agriculture,mathematics..th e list goes on and on..
after the whites came and conquered the americas they interbred with
the native women and produced mestizos..
..since then nothing has evolved from latin america that nowhere even approaches the genius and brillance of pre white america..latin america as a region is mediocre..
yes,there are individuals amongst the raza who are geniuses and brilliant of course there will always be those exceptional gifted people..

but like the sayings go .."the proof is in the pudding".."there it is"..
the socio-economic hierarchy in this country will be thus...whites ..asians..blacks... latinos..
with the incredibly high drop out rate of mexicans we are the least educated of all..
i come from the mexican culture and as a culture we do not place great emphasis and focus on "achievement" or " excellence"..sad commentary many mexican parents tell their kids.."just get any job,make enough to pay your rent and buy some food,that's all you need"..in other words be happy,contented and adapt to poverty..
as a matter of fact intellectualism is frowned upon and disrespected by mexican culture compared to the jewish or asian cultures who place great importance on intellectual skills and abilities..mexican people on the other hand place more value on a lower value system such as physical intimidation,cleverness(not intelligence)..
..extreme violence,self-gratification/self-indulgence in alcohol,drugs or sexuality..( partying and useless fucking around)..irresponsibility in relations with women..single latinas now have surpassed black women in the rate of producing children out of marriage..
is it no wonder we see our people in such a mess??
mexicans will always be on the bottom until they have a revolution in their own culture and change their cultural priorities..
chicanos mexicanos need a cultural revolution.. we can't and shouldn't always blame "whitey" for all our shortcomings and problems..bringing down the "white power structure" is necessary and good of course but change will also entail changing ourselves and accepting responsibilty ..
damn, that sure is a lot of writing...
can someone read that to me?
i'm too lazy to bother with it.
Old 06-27-2009
Veterano

Well you would be hard up for reading material to read it anyways. Here is the translation for you.
blah blah blah blah

Old 06-27-2009
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Mexicans dont care about education...
Old 06-27-2009
Banned User
Presidente

i would argue with you, but....
Old 06-27-2009
Veterano

And their problems are "pussy shit." haha

Old 06-27-2009
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
i would argue with you, but....
Argue!
Argue!
Argue!
Old 06-27-2009
Veterano

Its not true! Californio graduated so we care about education........................oh wait.
He a white grad!

Old 06-27-2009
Director

The Mexicans living in the U.S are hard working people. The Mexicans living in Mexico are some lazy, drunken good for nothings (I'd say over half). That's what I've noticed, forgive me for not being PC.

Indians are by far, worse off then Mexicans. That's no surprise there. Indians, however, place a large emphasis on education. It's cultural more than anything, I know, I grew up with Punjabi Indians.

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'

Last edited by Californio; 06-27-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2009
Banned User
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony602 View Post
Argue!
Argue!
Argue!
ok
first, that whole idea that Mexicans are lazy is...
fuck it, it's not even worth it
Old 06-27-2009
Director

Stereotypes aren't thrust out of thin air, they are grown from kernels of truth.

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'
Old 06-27-2009
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Stereotypes aren't thrust out of thin air, they are grown from kernels of truth.
IDK about that.

People create stereotypes to be against a certain group.

lets say immigrants steal American jobs
Americans will create the stereotype immigrants just want to steal American jobs.
and then they hate on them.

its a fucking cycle.
Old 06-27-2009
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon View Post
Well you would be hard up for reading material to read it anyways. Here is the translation for you.
blah blah blah blah
ADD boy..ya gotta lay off those comic books and hustler mags burro
Old 06-27-2009
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
pretty much, When the crackas came over to the New world they dumbed us down and we have never recovered from it. In simple words. But there are a few people do have done or do great things, nothing on the scale of others. I kind stopped half way thru his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Some of us have the ability to do great things but we don't becuase we don't put the effort.

What we need is more educated Chicano in America.
I would argue that not everything that is great is done by EDUCATED PEOPLE. We need more people doing things, yes, doing what they love and when they do what they love, great things come from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio
The Mexicans living in the U.S are hard working people. The Mexicans living in Mexico are some lazy, drunken good for nothings (I'd say over half). That's what I've noticed, forgive me for not being PC.
ahaha, stfu.
Old 06-27-2009
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
pretty much, When the crackas came over to the New world they dumbed us down and we have never recovered from it. In simple words. But there are a few people do have done or do great things, nothing on the scale of others. I kind stopped half way thru his post.

I would argue that not everything that is great is done by EDUCATED PEOPLE. We need more people doing things, yes, doing what they love and when they do what they love, great things come from it.

ahaha, stfu.
mr nelio..thanks for reading half way through my post..