Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Religion

Religion Discuss your opinoins, faiths, beliefs, doubts, and/or philosophy.

Old 02-27-2014
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to XxXDrEaMeRXxX
Post Religion & beliefs

To me this is always such an interesting topic to get into, so I would like to hear about YOUR BELIEFS & YOUR RELIGION...
FAQ
where do you think we come from?
why do bad things happen to good people?

Oh yea a friend asked a question once that seemed interesting and out of the blue but what was on earth first the dinosaurs or Jesus?
I know its an odd question lol but if you think about it, we have proof the dinosaurs were actually here were as God we only have his word.

I myself believe in God, I pray often and the peacefulness I get is indescribable, I thank him all the time in good and bad times & I feel really blessed for all that I have when sometimes I feel I don't deserve it.
Certain religions make no sense sometimes thats why I really wouldn't call myself a christian or catholic. I don't go to church every Sunday, & I really haven't read much of the bible. So yes I am sinner.
One of my faults is that Im really open-minded about things, so when I get into the subject with people who believe other things I see their points & Im left wondering.

So what do you believe in?
Old 03-02-2014
Veterano

Default Re: Religion & beliefs

being open minded is not a character flaw. Being narrow minded is imo. I don't believe in the christian god or any particular religion. I do believe in a natural order of the universe and that there is a force or enery behind it that could be construed as a 'God'. But its not a person or someone we can have a relationship with. Sacred plants bring us closer to this force while modern society and its demands distracts us from it.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 03-03-2014
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

I ate some sacred plant fudge the other day, it brought me closer to something alright.
Old 03-03-2014
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

I like the idea of being open to all religions. All of them can make sense. I believe in God but don't follow any religion. Whatever religion you choose, make sure it teaches you not to be an asshole.

I think it's important to just not be an asshole in life. not because you will go to hell or anything like that but because we have enough assholes who make everyone's lives shitty on a regular basis. So we don't need another walking around or worst driving around LA being a bitch.

or attacking a group of people randomly and killing them. That's shitty so don't be that asshole. Just be a good person, help people out when you can and don't do anything stupid, like being an asshole.

Just use common fucking sense and stop being an asshole. The world will thank you. and if we are all wrong and there is a heaven and God, god would be like, "you know you weren't a bad person. you weren't perfect but I appreciate you not being an asshole while u were living" and I am Sure God will let you in heaven.

The end

Last edited by SJ; 03-03-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2014
Travieso

i don't believe in a particular god or gods. And feel content enough with my life.
It's that simple
Old 03-05-2014
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
being open minded is not a character flaw. Being narrow minded is imo. I don't believe in the christian god or any particular religion. I do believe in a natural order of the universe and that there is a force or enery behind it that could be construed as a 'God'. But its not a person or someone we can have a relationship with. Sacred plants bring us closer to this force while modern society and its demands distracts us from it.
& by sacred plants do you mean marijuana??

lol
Old 03-05-2014
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I like the idea of being open to all religions. All of them can make sense. I believe in God but don't follow any religion. Whatever religion you choose, make sure it teaches you not to be an asshole.

I think it's important to just not be an asshole in life. not because you will go to hell or anything like that but because we have enough assholes who make everyone's lives shitty on a regular basis. So we don't need another walking around or worst driving around LA being a bitch.

or attacking a group of people randomly and killing them. That's shitty so don't be that asshole. Just be a good person, help people out when you can and don't do anything stupid, like being an asshole.

Just use common fucking sense and stop being an asshole. The world will thank you. and if we are all wrong and there is a heaven and God, god would be like, "you know you weren't a bad person. you weren't perfect but I appreciate you not being an asshole while u were living" and I am Sure God will let you in heaven.

The end
Hahaha! Got it! I won't be an asshole! =p

which I am not at all, except for when people really deserve it! Even then I think twice about it cuz I believe in karma..
Old 03-05-2014
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXDrEaMeRXxX View Post
& by sacred plants do you mean marijuana??

lol
that would be one of them. There are others such as mushrooms, peyote and ayhuasca.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 03-05-2014
Gunner

tell me more of what you believe in though, it sounds interesting...