Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Religion

Religion Discuss your opinoins, faiths, beliefs, doubts, and/or philosophy.

Old 07-13-2014
Estudiante

Default Pope Reportedly Says Two Percent of Priests Are Pedophiles, Vatican Balks

Pope Francis on Sunday was quoted by an Italian newspaper saying that about two percent — or 1 in 50 — of Roman Catholic priests are pedophiles, but the Vatican quickly released a statement saying the pontiff had been misquoted. Church officials also said that the journalist who did the story for La Repubblica had a history of having long conversations with public figures without taking notes or taping them, and then reconstructing them from memory.

The article was the result of an hour-long conversation between the pope and the newspaper's founder, Eugenio Scalfari, a 90-year-old atheist who has written about several past encounters with the pope.

"Many of my collaborators who fight with me (against pedophilia) reassure me with reliable statistics that say that the level of pedophilia in the Church is at about two percent," Francis was quoted as saying.

"This data should hearten me but I have to tell you that it does not hearten me at all. In fact, I think that it is very grave," he was quoted as saying. Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said that not all the phrases could be attributed "with certainty" to the pope.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion...-balks-n154871
Old 07-14-2014
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Pope Reportedly Says Two Percent of Priests Are Pedophiles, Vatican Balks

I still think that's lower than the total amount of pedophiles in the Catholic church who haven't been caught. I bet it would be 1 in 10.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 07-14-2014
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Pope Reportedly Says Two Percent of Priests Are Pedophiles, Vatican Balks

10%, no I think that is too high.

Old 07-14-2014
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

I think that's reasonable.

I personally think it's more like 25%, but I feel like that's my personal bias.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 07-16-2014
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

100%. Even if they aren't all physically molesting children, they're are emotionally raping the minds of the youth.

Tags
pedophiles , percent , priests , twoz , vatican