Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > Politics > Immigration

Immigration anything related to immigration issues

Old 09-01-2010
Fresh Meat!

Unhappy the illegal immigrants found dead

chales q lastima the illegal immigrants that were found dead at the border in mexico. me da lastima they r coming to supposedly get a better life and they end up dead dont even make it into the USA que cacho i feel for them i have family in mexico and its crazy that they own people is doing this porque????
Old 09-03-2010
Maestro

Default Re: the illegal immigrants found dead

Go to school.
Old 09-03-2010
Supporter
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby225 View Post
chales q lastima the illegal immigrants that were found dead at the border in mexico. me da lastima they r coming to supposedly get a better life and they end up dead dont even make it into the USA que cacho i feel for them i have family in mexico and its crazy that they own people is doing this porque????
Is this the first time you heard of this? This has been going on since forever.
Old 09-03-2010
Gunner

Yea, I got a missing uncle that has been for years, and no news of him ever since, just that he was getting ready to come north. Man, que gacho, no...
Old 09-03-2010
Supporter
Veterano

si, bien gacho =(
Old 09-03-2010
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby225 View Post
I wish Raza would use the term undocumented instead of illegal when talking about our bothers and sisters. I know the news networks say illegal, but we don't have to keep perpetuating the divisive bullshit.
Old 09-10-2010
Mocoso

^^^^I don't know bro. I can't see anything wrong with calling someone an illegal immigrant. They came to this country illegally (they break a law in order to get here) or stay in this country illegally (staying after their visa expires). A law is broken, thus it is illegal.

My parents were illegals and they have no qualms with terms like ilegales or mojados. Mi mother specifically has expressed pride in being, as she's put it a number of times, una mojada. She struggled and sacraficed a lot to get to this country and build a life for herself. A life that wasn't available in Mexico.

She's now a US Citizen. She's proud to call herself that as well.
Old 09-10-2010
Gunner

Like there should be a (formal)word for it; Just call them by a description. Murderer, killer, robber, thief, you don't call those by their description; An illegal life taker...?

Yea mojado, wetback, spick, paisa don't count...
Old 09-10-2010
Banned User
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Dejo View Post
Go to school.
x2
Old 09-11-2010
Chicle

Thumbs up Re: the illegal immigrants found dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseloco View Post
^^^^I don't know bro. I can't see anything wrong with calling someone an illegal immigrant. They came to this country illegally (they break a law in order to get here) or stay in this country illegally (staying after their visa expires). A law is broken, thus it is illegal.

My parents were illegals and they have no qualms with terms like ilegales or mojados. Mi mother specifically has expressed pride in being, as she's put it a number of times, una mojada. She struggled and sacraficed a lot to get to this country and build a life for herself. A life that wasn't available in Mexico.

So what are you called SON OF AN ILLEGAL ALIEN
Old 09-11-2010
Gunner

Anchor baby...no
Old 09-12-2010
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseloco View Post

Illegal is pretty derogatory, but alien is really bad. Either way, I'm with Californio in this one and I don't really like the word "illegal." Some laws are wrong and shouldn't be respected because they dehumanize people...
Old 09-12-2010
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaya View Post
So what are you called SON OF AN ILLEGAL ALIEN
Sure I guess. My mother crossed illegally. Early in his life, my father did the same, although there was no need since his mother was a US citizen. He eventually just applied for citizenship through his mother and received it. Even as a citizen, he was deported 2 times back to mexico on account of him not carrying any documentation with him and his inability to speak any English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
Illegal is pretty derogatory, but alien is really bad. Either way, I'm with Californio in this one and I don't really like the word "illegal." Some laws are wrong and shouldn't be respected because they dehumanize people...
I've grown up around illegals my whole life. Starting from the age of 12, I'd go out with my brother, a farmer for a local ag company, and pick watermelons and tomatoes and clear plastic when there wasn't anything else to pick or when we were in between crops. When I was 15-18, I worked in a produce packing plant. A place that probably had about 150 employee's, the majority of which were not in the country legally. After a few years working in the law enforcement field, I've actually returned to working in an ag warehouse as a supervisor for its shipping department and currently work with a majority of illegals. I've yet to hear them complain about the term Ilegal. That's how most of them refer to themselves and others that are here illegally. I honestly have yet to hear anyone refer to themselves or others as Indocumentado.

I'm fairly certain that in the past, I've expressed that I have nothing against anyone that looks to come to this country in search of better opportunities and a better life for themselves and for their families. Were I in their shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to do the very same thing. So, I definitely agree with you in regards to the fact that there are laws that are simply wrong. It's like Henry David Thoreau said, "Law never made men a whit more just; and, by means of their respect for it, even the well-disposed are daily made the agents of injustice."

Last edited by Eseloco; 09-12-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2010
Gunner

You curse me out at work, I ain't go do anything. It ain't like I'm gonna curse back, kick your ass, or simply quiet. In my situation I have no choice to take it verbally, it ain't like its gonna affect my health or anything, the thing is getting a replacement job. It's why if you call us any name(illegal, mojado, whatever) we just accept it(see my signature); we won't complain, we just think of you as an ignorant fuck and smile at you that's all.
Old 04-12-2011
Chicle

when jim crow hate laws were illegal , and the 1070 sb is illegal , the point is moot. now as for using an argument when the INS original laws were not broken as propaganda to create hate laws that wont stand constitutionality , one can say, create a penalty for overstaying without and justifiable reason or good cause to stay. To make it a felony, is where the penalty does not fit the crime. Its not a state issue , its a misdemeanor type crime , and is a federal issue. Dept of Homeland security and the Patriot act , had created a constitutional loophole.
Old 04-12-2011
Gunner

they're aiming their trucks at it...
Old 04-12-2011
Travieso

This truly breaks my heart, that Mexicans, Central Americans, and any human being born on this Stolen Continent and or the descendants of our Ancestors born here, which makes them not Illegal at all, calling themselves illegals because they are brainwashed and have assimilated into a Euro state of mind!

Why is it that White Americans can go anywhere in the world without a visa? Unless they are staying for more than one month.... But our brown brothers and sisters from Mexico and Central America must have papers to come to their OWN LAND, stolen by the TRUE ILLEGALS and IMMIGRANTS known as Europeans!!!!

Pisses me off!
Old 04-12-2011
Gunner

The dead were also considered "illegal" in Mexico too, man SMH.
Old 04-13-2011
Chicle

Only illegals is the racist hate laws, and the criminals who killed native Americans and Mexican people , enslaved blacks, and women and children too... those are the real criminals and illegals.
Old 04-16-2011
Travieso

^ thank you ChicanoParty, well said! I agree!
Old 04-23-2011
Chicle

We cannot keep trying to live to be accepted or approved, we have to move beyond the ignoring of our human and civil rights being are reason for not voting or getting somewhere, we have to invest in our own communities to make a difference and use our boycott powers and productive role to continue to sustain our own growth and give back in hiring , education organization funding, and create our own opportunities, if the jobs are not there in the public sector , we must create them in the Private sector and spend our monies to help our own growth as a primary concern. Voting is becoming a pivotal swing vote for our people , and that means power, clout, but after the elected party, we are not seeing enough results to help our disparity and disadvantages.

We seem to not be getting anywhere with policies that stand in the way or to block our efforts to become credited and respected as first class.
We are still being treated and seen or portrayed as Criminals and Foreigners.
I say we are only useful to pay taxes and to provide labor and keep the cost of consumer products down, among raising revenue for high interest loans for bank profiteering and paying triple costs of what any other class or group does, and is far under reported, which leaves us as a whole community at a disadvantage to not overcome the stereotypes of giving the benefit of the doubt to be offered equal opportunities.