Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health > Women's Health

Women's Health Discuss topics pertaining to Women's Health.

Old 02-05-2007
Not Activated!
Prospect

Send a message via Yahoo to chiquilla_preciosa07
Red face Birth control questions!!!!

ookkkkkk heres da deall...I NEED BIRTH CONTROL...and i dont really no anything bout it..its going to be my first time getting birth control....and OBVIOUSLY i didnt do a gr8 job protecting myself cuz i have a 2 moth old daughter lol..and i dont want another child..for another 10YEARS...dats my goal lol

sooooo wat type of birth control is more effective..without all the side efffects.....?!!??!
Old 02-05-2007
Maestro

Default Re: Birth control questions!!!!

Abstenance!!!! Its a 100% guarantee......... unless your Virgen Mary.
Old 02-05-2007
Maestro

Ask your gynecologist.
Old 02-05-2007
soy_ladiie

every womans body is different so you might wanna go to ure obgyn doctor and ask them because there is different hormones strenght.
Old 02-05-2007
Not Activated!
Prospect

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchosataro

loll..but its soooo hard...y u think i have a kid now..lol....we're sum horny bastards lol....

once u start...u cant have enuff..lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiie_Giggles
every womans body is different so you might wanna go to ure obgyn doctor and ask them because there is different hormones strenght.

True...but i wanted to no my options..BEFORE Iactually went to da doc.....like i heard abouyt the T thingy they put up there...

Last edited by tecpaocelotl; 09-29-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2007
Maestro

Stay away from the pills.....so tell your GYNO that....so that maybe you can get on the Nuva Ring...It works really well and you dont have to be taking pills, so that way you dont forget to take them....there is also and "IUD" but by the looks of it you might be too young to get that....the IUD you can have a 1yr or a 5yr put in you...Best thing to do is ask you Doc what is best for you....and get on something....Hope this helpes....
Old 02-05-2007
Estudiante

If you don't really want to have kids for another 10 years, then you should get the 10 yr. "T" ring thing (I forgot the name) It doesnt have many side effects, they insert it in the Vagina, and you do get cramps from what I've heard. Oh, and you like stop having your period as well. It'll take you about 1-2 years to conceive if you get this.

Then theres the 5 yr. "T" ring thing, and thats the same thing as the 10 year one, exept its only for 5 years. You also stop having your period w/ that. It will also take about 1-2 years to concieve again.

Theres the patch..which you change once a week I beleive for 3 weeks, and the 4th week your patch free. I heard you gain weight tho.

Then theres also the shot that you get every 3 months, it makes you gain weight tho.

Theres a couple more but I don't remember them.
I'm going on the 5 year "T" thing that way I wont get
pregnant for a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchosataro

I agree

iMPERFECTiON iS BEAUTY, MADNESS iS GENiUS, & iTS BETTER TO BE ABSOLUTELY RiDiCULOUS THAN BE ABSOLUTELY BORiNG
-marilyn monroe

www.myspace.com/t3ar_drop

Last edited by tecpaocelotl; 09-29-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2007
soy_ladiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_preciosa07
True...but i wanted to no my options..BEFORE Iactually went to da doc.....like i heard abouyt the T thingy they put up there...
u mean the IUD???????
Old 02-05-2007
→ααδα←
Maestro

weight gain is an effect, along with mood swings, nd irregual periods lasting up to a week or more nd can help acne nd so is feeling hungry all the time i think.. maybe if you go to planned parenthood, nd if u dont have a job or insurance they might give u the pill. from what i heard

and we continue to love unrequitedly while our actions' consequences bury us in a castle-like coffin to bleed. ..
Old 02-05-2007
Not Activated!
Prospect

[QUOTE=kareli]) Oh, and you like stop having your period as well.QUOTE]

i thougght w/ da t thingy..u did get ur period....i dont want sumthing dat make ur period stop..seems kind of..not normal...lol...
Old 02-05-2007
Estudiante

I dont care too much for my period Fine with me if I dont get it for like a couple of years. Oh the 5 year thing is called the IUD.

iMPERFECTiON iS BEAUTY, MADNESS iS GENiUS, & iTS BETTER TO BE ABSOLUTELY RiDiCULOUS THAN BE ABSOLUTELY BORiNG
-marilyn monroe

www.myspace.com/t3ar_drop
Old 09-21-2007
Chicle

Hey well i have used planned parenthood the last year and i get any birth control for free. So so far i have used the pill and right now im using orthro evra the patch and it works great.
Rest In Peace
Mi mejor Primo.. September 12 1982-May 16 2006
Old 09-29-2007
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareli View Post
I dont care too much for my period Fine with me if I dont get it for like a couple of years. Oh the 5 year thing is called the IUD.
You are talking about the IUD called Marina I have heard bad things about that IUD
Old 09-29-2007
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Go to Planned Parenthood.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 09-29-2007
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to Indira

I would advice that you stay away from birthcontrol and use abstinense but if you must have sex then use condoms. The reason I say this is because birth control pills have different effects on different women and it could harm you more than it can help you. I don't use them, then again I don't need them, I don't get pregnant easily and this I blame on the depo provera shot. Not a proven fact but a lot of times once you have taken birth control its hard to get pregnant sometimes impossible. and that is why I recommend that you don't use them. Maybe you will be one of the ones that don't get any complications from it. The best advice I think its to talk to your gyno and see what he/she says.