Thread: Anabolic Cardio
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007
Mocoso

Default Anabolic Cardio

Ok, with Summer here, most people are trying to get into last minute shape. I recently came across this article from Zupplements.com on Anabolic Cardio. It's a bit rough & tough, but I've heard that it really works.

After two months with a cast on my leg for a broken foot, I'm looking forward to trying this since I don't have the cast on anymore, I'll keep you posted on how it works.

I hate cardio, but I've come to realize it's a necessary evil, I don't like it, it's tedious and there's nothing impressive about it, but this article, you're actually able to combine some strength and shape while doing cardio. Hope it helps.

Anabolic Cardio

Burn more fat faster, doing "anabolic cardio." Anabolic cardio is often called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT is short burst, sprinter like interval training. Here is a great example of HIIT that can be done on any form of cardio; treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike or any machine that raises your heart rate.

(This example is used on a treadmill)
Start off with 3 minutes working at a moderate 60% pace. This will get you warmed up and ready for the rest of the workout. Start the "interval portion" of the workout on the 4th minute going AS HARD AS YOU CAN without stopping or losing your form or falling down (this is about 95%-100%) for 1 full minute. Don't pace yourself here, if you can go longer than a minute or 2 at the same speed, you're probably not going hard enough. However if you can only go at this speed for 30 seconds, that's ok. Just go as long as you can, you'll see that you'll improve fast. After the first minute, slow the pace to about 40% of your max. This should be a light jog or even a brisk walk for a minute or 2 until you recover. Keep this interval of 1-2 minutes at 95% followed by 1-2 minutes at 40% for 10-15 more minutes.

Like it or not, Anabolic Cardio is a key component to building a strong, lean, hard body.

Last edited by El_Tapatio; 06-28-2007 at 11:18 PM.