Thread: The war in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005

Originally Posted by ch0l0man
No the Veto power we have is not the same as a military commander giving orders to the troops on the ground. American forces should not be under the command of any foreign entity.

Who has more power over the war:

- a Commander on the ground
- The United States on the UN Security Council with full veto power?

Who takes orders from whom?

WMD could still be there buried some where in the sand.
You may want to tell the White House of your insightful knowledge:

White House Admits WMD Error

We never stated there were nukes, WMD does not have to be nukes.

Did you not hear Vice-President Dick Cheney say it then?

Cheney: Saddam working on nuclear weapons

We never stated Osama was there.

This is totally true.
Of course, that's because Bush totally doesn't care about catching the leader and mastermind of Al-Queda.

Bush: "I'm Not Worried About Finding Bin Ladin"

We never stated a 9/11 connection.

You sure about that?

Cheney Link of Iraq, 9/11 Challenged
By Anne E. Kornblut and Bryan Bender
Boston Globe

Tuesday 16 September 2003

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Dick Cheney, anxious to defend the White House foreign policy amid ongoing violence in Iraq, stunned intelligence analysts and even members of his own administration this week by failing to dismiss a widely discredited claim: that Saddam Hussein might have played a role in the Sept. 11 attacks.

In any of the hundred of hours of footage I recorded and watched did I ever hear that the above were absolutes. They were all guesses as well as the fact daddy probablly whispered in to Jr. ear, "Ah son I forgot to tell the people that I gave Saddam some nasty chemicals during the 80's build."

Damn, guessing is a shitty reason to send thousands of Americans troops into harms' way, huh?

And you support his war based on "guesses?"

By the way, you're strating to sound like Clinton with the "is is" hair splitting of "no absolutes."

So if you don't trust Bush then why trust that he didn't hand Saddam something he shouldn't have, thus endangering the American people.

Well Daddy Bush and Reagan are th eones who supplied him wth weapons in the 80's.

Let's blame them.

Both sides used propganda to get their point across that is the nature of the beast. I took boths sides words with a grain of salt, my concren was what may have been given to Saddam during the 80's.

Didn't you use to be a big time war cheerleader on this board?

yeah, I seem to recall it.

No offense bro. I don't know you personally,
but you seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

(See above).