Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Breaking Bad (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=53737)

cKofer 04-13-2009 04:27 AM

Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.
This is a great show , it currently has 2 seasons ( a third season is in the works) and it already has several awards:

Emmy Award - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston (win)
Emmy Award - Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series - "Pilot" (win)
Emmy Award - Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series - "Pilot"
Emmy Award - Outstanding Cinematography for a One-Hour Series - "Pilot"
Satellite Award - Best Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston (win)
Writer's Guild Award - Best Dramatic Episode - "Pilot" (win)
Writer's Guild Award - Best Dramatic Episode - "Grey Matter"
Writer's Guild Award - Best New Series
Television Critics Association Award - Outstanding New Program of the Year
Saturn Award - Best Presentation on Television
Saturn Award - Best Actor in a Television Series - Bryan Cranston

Any way who here has seen the show, and what do you think? If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend it...

KoolArrow 04-22-2010 04:49 PM

Breaking Bad

Anyone watch this show?

I don't watch much TV but I've been watching seasons 1-3 online.

It's on the AMC channel or you can always watch it online like I do.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/about/

Quote:

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

SJ 02-20-2013 02:45 AM

Re: Breaking Bad

This in my opinion is the best show on tv right now.
anyone who is wanting to get into film, get your notepads and study this show.

Character development, editing, cinematography, it's the best I've seen.

Half season premier is in July and i am already planning a breaking bad marathon to bring us back into the season. Should be epic

tecpaocelotl 02-20-2013 09:06 AM

I watched the first season and half of the second season until I found out that the show was still in the air. What I seen so far was good.

KoolArrow 02-20-2013 09:46 AM

Its one of the few shows I watch religiously, but I think it has dropped off a bit since they killed Gus.
I'm hopeful of course, but I can't really see where that could go from here, that would capture the magic of the previous seasons.

Nina 02-20-2013 09:49 AM

Hmm, this sounds interesting. I shall watch!

KoolArrow 02-20-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 (Post 1483188)
What!!!! Gus was killed off!? Wtf!!
I thought they dint start up yet..:/

He was killed off some time ago.

Nelio 02-20-2013 01:32 PM

Hear its good, but havent seen one episode.

Cal 02-21-2013 02:31 PM

Decent show. The first few seasons were fantastic. The last few seasons were "meh". I'm going to watch the next season but I haven't had the same enthusiasm watching it like I did in the beginning.

~nessa~ 03-01-2013 10:56 PM

Of course, being from New Mexico almost makes it a requirement to watch this show. LOL! Love it! I don't think a single episode was ever boring.

Lamberto Quintero 03-06-2013 03:20 PM

I like the episode with Los Cuates de Sinaloa and the song they do is dope...I've seen several episodes just can't get into it with their being like 74 seasons now. Malcom in the Middle's dad does a great job though...

SJ 03-07-2013 10:03 PM

well once the second half of 5 starts in july, it's over :-( (or so I've read)

I don't think the show got stale. I know one of the seasons was a little slow due to a ton of character development but I bing-viewed all of the seasons so I might have gotten a different overall perspective of the show.

I honestly don't know how some of you got through waiting on some of those episodes, or even waiting a few months until the next season started.

I am curious to know what some of you guys think might happen? I have a few theories...

tecpaocelotl 03-08-2013 09:12 AM

I feel like it will go with the cliches, everyone dies or it was just a thought. Or Walter JR becomes the next guy.

Jia 03-08-2013 04:05 PM

You should consider adding a warning "Spoiler Alert" after your messages, for people who haven't watched the show. It really spoils it for them, you know.

Anyway, yes it's a great show. I have a few critiques but I have to say, I HATE keeping up with shows, of any sort. This particular show has got my full attention, great show, good quality in all angles --there hasn't been a suitably great show in a very long time.

~nessa~ 03-09-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl (Post 1484111)
I feel like it will go with the cliches, everyone dies or it was just a thought. Or Walter JR becomes the next guy.

What I would LOVE to see is them explain what made Fring such a big shot. It seemed like he had some big time respect where he was originally from. Maybe that's gonna come bite Walt in the ass later, like some kind of South American hitman or something.

KoolArrow 03-09-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~nessa~ (Post 1484204)
What I would LOVE to see is them explain what made Fring such a big shot. It seemed like he had some big time respect where he was originally from. Maybe that's gonna come bite Walt in the ass later, like some kind of South American hitman or something.

I agree. I would like to know more of the backstory of Mr. Fring. And is Mr Fring a gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that but its kind of implied right?

Cal 03-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolArrow (Post 1484206)
I agree. I would like to know more of the backstory of Mr. Fring. And is Mr Fring a gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that but its kind of implied right?

I thought he was gay (from the little they showed of his personal life).

It would something interesting if they did a back story. I think Walt's succubus of a wife is gonna catch a bullet (hopefully a hatchet) this season.

~nessa~ 03-09-2013 03:32 PM

LOL who knows? Maybe he was just pretty metro.

As for the wife, they shoulda just let her drown herself. :lol:

SJ 08-07-2013 01:31 AM

It's almost here...who's ready?

Cal 08-07-2013 05:25 AM

Kinda. I'm ready for it to end.

tecpaocelotl 08-07-2013 12:16 PM

G U C C I 08-07-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl (Post 1496398)

LOL true!!

Love this show!

naturalhighloca 08-08-2013 12:36 PM

Just started watching season 5

Kali_king 09-13-2013 09:56 AM

killer show
read yesterday that there is a spin off coming

SJ 09-13-2013 09:24 PM

last week's episode was pretty intense.