Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Cooking, Food, Drinks (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What's for dinner?? (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=35904)

KoolArrow 02-05-2013 06:32 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
I'm having organic, grass fed beef tacos on GMO corn tortillas!

I think I'm gonna try those baked avocados one of these days, It sounds good (and simple). win/win

Dannie 02-05-2013 06:35 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
LOL, I like simple .. :hangs head: .. and yes, they are pretty good!!

Linda 02-05-2013 08:27 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannie (Post 1482533)
After I cut it in half, I just wrap the bottom half with the skin in foil (you don't have to, but I do), sprinkle with lime, pinch of salt .. bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes .. topped off with a clove of garlic (minced), chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and pepper. It's pretty good.

That sounds so good. People don't realize that you can do sooo much more than guacamole with avocados.

I loveeeee Avocado Boba Smoothies. Super high in calories, I'm sure. :p

Dannie 02-05-2013 08:39 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda (Post 1482552)
That sounds so good. People don't realize that you can do sooo much more than guacamole with avocados.

I loveeeee Avocado Boba Smoothies. Super high in calories, I'm sure. :p

And avocados are not only good (I love them) - but they're super healthy for you!!

High in calories? :sigh: .. probly, everything I seem to like is (lol). Avocado Boba Smoothies - I'll have to check that out - I've never heard of them 'til now.

Linda 02-05-2013 08:43 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannie (Post 1482555)
And avocados are not only good (I love them) - but they're super healthy for you!!

High in calories? :sigh: .. probly, everything I seem to like is (lol). Avocado Boba Smoothies - I'll have to check that out - I've never heard of them 'til now.

Avocado ice cream is yummy, too. Very creamy...like frozen custard.

I think I have a slight allergy to avocados and bananas. My tongue itches when I eat them but it doesn't stop me. LOL.

Dannie 02-05-2013 08:56 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Wow!! I live in the Land of ToTo .. that's probly why I've never heard of these things, hahah.

LOL about being allergic and eating it anyway. That sucks. My youngest daughter craves and LOVES LOVES LOVES lime - she has a very severe reaction to them though - I feel horrible for her - she looks at anyone else who's around her that may be eating them and I just know that she wants one, just once - it sucks. We can't allow lime anywhere near her or where she may touch - so if I use them (like my dish I made tonite for me), I have her otherwise absent from the kitchen and I clean the areas that I used them.

naturalhighloca 02-06-2013 09:51 AM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
chicos!!!

Nina 02-06-2013 11:18 AM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannie (Post 1482557)
Wow!! I live in the Land of ToTo .. that's probly why I've never heard of these things, hahah.

LOL about being allergic and eating it anyway. That sucks. My youngest daughter craves and LOVES LOVES LOVES lime - she has a very severe reaction to them though - I feel horrible for her - she looks at anyone else who's around her that may be eating them and I just know that she wants one, just once - it sucks. We can't allow lime anywhere near her or where she may touch - so if I use them (like my dish I made tonite for me), I have her otherwise absent from the kitchen and I clean the areas that I used them.


OMG that's horrible!! I feel so sorry for her.
I love limes and lemons, squeeze them on almost everything.
Idk what I would do if I was allergic :(.

I have a slight allergy to watermelon and melons...

Dannie 02-06-2013 12:27 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina (Post 1482599)
OMG that's horrible!! I feel so sorry for her.
I love limes and lemons, squeeze them on almost everything.
Idk what I would do if I was allergic :(.

I have a slight allergy to watermelon and melons...

Yeah, it sucks for her - she sucked on them from the time she was a baby - she LOVES them!! But the doctor said NO - NEVER - not even something like Sprite (which btw she also loves).

OMGoodness, I LOVE watermelon!!

bella1986 02-06-2013 12:32 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelio (Post 1482522)
Small cucumber and tomato salad with lemon pepper and salt. Side of canned spinach. And A homemade version of hamburger helper with shells instead of macaroni and diced steak and mushrooms with some chile piquin for good flavor.


That sounds really good!!! Minus the steak lol

just tru 02-06-2013 01:17 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannie (Post 1482533)
After I cut it in half, I just wrap the bottom half with the skin in foil (you don't have to, but I do), sprinkle with lime, pinch of salt .. bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes .. topped off with a clove of garlic (minced), chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and pepper. It's pretty good.

This sounds SO good!! I need to try this out!

Dinner tonight: Grilled chicken breast wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with greens and tomato, drizzled lightly with fat free ranch.

Nina 02-06-2013 01:57 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannie (Post 1482605)
Yeah, it sucks for her - she sucked on them from the time she was a baby - she LOVES them!! But the doctor said NO - NEVER - not even something like Sprite (which btw she also loves).

OMGoodness, I LOVE watermelon!!


So did this horrible reaction to the lemons just start for her??


Haha They're ok. I can eat them, but if I eat more than 4-5 slices I feel like throwing up. Same with Melons. I also can't really drink watermelon and melon juice (freshly made).

bella1986 02-06-2013 02:06 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by just tru (Post 1482611)
This sounds SO good!! I need to try this out!

Dinner tonight: Grilled chicken breast wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with greens and tomato, drizzled lightly with fat free ranch.

Lol you thought that far ahead already? :-)

just tru 02-06-2013 02:30 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bella1986 (Post 1482621)
Lol you thought that far ahead already? :-)

I have to...otherwise, I'd be eating a bunch of junk. Haha.

Dannie 02-06-2013 02:49 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina (Post 1482619)
So did this horrible reaction to the lemons just start for her??


Haha They're ok. I can eat them, but if I eat more than 4-5 slices I feel like throwing up. Same with Melons. I also can't really drink watermelon and melon juice (freshly made).

Yes - last year .. we had noticed that she had what looked like horrible bruising ALL over her left arm - because there is NOone that would hurt her (and believe me, we asked) we were extremely concerned - I got her right in and her pediatrician called in another doctor because she'd never seen such a thing before - it looked like bruising but it clearly wasn't - her skin was discolored but when you pushed on it it didn't hurt her - it was just odd - well, the other doctor hadn't seen anything like it before either, so they sent us on to a children's specialist at Children's Mercy - they tested her and finally found that it was lemons and limes that she was allergic to - it's a condition called phytophotodermatitis - basically, if she comes into contact with lime or lemons and then comes into contact with sun exposure of any kind, then this is the result - it took nearly 4mths for those spots to dull down to nothing and become clear again - in some cases the skin blisters. The specialist also told us that because her skin has this reaction to NOT allow her to eat or ingest anything with lime or lemon in it, either. We don't!!

She will eventually need her tonsils taken out - they're overly large for her, but her pediatrician is waiting out on this til it's a necessity - my thing is, is if she's allergic and her tonsils swell, this would get serious very quickly, so we never mess around with it in our home.

My question too, was because she was RAISED on limes, then why now? She didn't have an answer other than at times our body becomes intolerant to certain products or foods.

For extreme cases, you can look here:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...8-21&sp=-1&sk=

Nelio 02-06-2013 05:01 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Dpes it apply to oranges as well? Since they are of the the citrus family?

Dannie 02-06-2013 05:24 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
They told us only limes and lemons .. that said, no - I don't allow her to have anything with citrus.

just tru 02-07-2013 01:57 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Grilled pork chops, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and baked cinnamon apples.

Nelio 02-07-2013 03:28 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Pan fried pork chops, egg noodles and zuchinni, yellow squash, orange bell pepper, onion, and tomatoe sauteed medley in the pork chop juices to top the egg noodles.

bella1986 02-08-2013 09:22 AM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Last night was Grilled Zucchini and Eggplant on a Naan with some Hummus

Suavecitita 02-08-2013 06:49 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Chow Mein, Pork Fried Rice, Fried Shrimp, Egg Rolls, Beef and Broccoli with some Fried Chicken and hot sauce, con una chelita on the side. ;)

naturalhighloca 02-26-2013 11:13 AM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
taquitos!

ChicanoDan 02-26-2013 11:38 AM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Mmmm.. NHL's Taquito.. for dinner..

I mean Taquitos

Salad probably

Cal 02-26-2013 01:08 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Sopes.

Dannie 02-26-2013 03:09 PM

Re: What's for dinner??
 
Roast and potatoes, and a side salad.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.