Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   What's in the News (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Coronavirus Covid-19 (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=58503)

LaChavela 04-01-2020 11:23 AM

The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Is everyone doing okay?
Been wondering how you doing.
Are you still working? Sheltering in place?

Keep safe everyone

Me and mine are doing good
Hope you are okay too!

93FLEETWOOD 04-03-2020 09:38 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
As of now we've been good. And I actually had caught a cold late February, though it was just a common cold & got through it and nobody around me got anything since then.

I still get work, though I voluntarily go out late and come home early. I don't try to be out more then I have to.

My advice is eat healthy & get fit, it's the only thing that can get you through this. And if you have to be in high traffic public places, ie gas stations, grocery stores, use gloves and face covers properly.

oOKlumZieOo 04-08-2020 06:37 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
So far so good. We haven't had any positive cases at work yet, which is a good thing.

I only go to work and target pick up. We like to stay home anyways.

xicanachick 04-09-2020 11:09 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513281)
My advice is eat healthy & get fit, it's the only thing that can get you through this. And if you have to be in high traffic public places, ie gas stations, grocery stores, use gloves and face covers properly.

Being healthy isn't a guarantee There are so many people who have died from it and were reported to be healthy, able-bodied people.


I live alone and have worked from home for years, so things haven't changed too much in my day to day. Thankful to be in California and Los Angeles specifically where our state, county and local officials have taken this seriously from the start.

93FLEETWOOD 04-15-2020 01:10 AM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChavela (Post 131162)
http://www.soychicano.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=9
For my asthma, my Mom sends away for a tea call Tea De Castro. I also boil one onion, and one whole garlic ball, roots and all until its all mushy, add honey - its good for the cough and helps get you well and stay well.

I did the vicks on the bottom of the feet for my kids - and it really worked - it helped them sleep when they were coughing too much to rest.

My Dad would give us a cup with hot water 1/2 with whiskey mixed with honey to help us sleep.

My Mom also would do the egg thing, and massage the calves of our legs for stomach aches. She has lots of old remedies - I would like to write them down one of these days. :D

Yesterday I went to an elder uncle's house and he had me take a spoon of garlic & honey, I still think that I can still taste and feel the texture in my mouth, idk. I'm not sick he said just for good measure, kills viruses and stuff.

93FLEETWOOD 04-15-2020 01:20 AM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xicanachick (Post 1513285)
Being healthy isn't a guarantee There are so many people who have died from it and were reported to be healthy, able-bodied people.


I live alone and have worked from home for years, so things haven't changed too much in my day to day. Thankful to be in California and Los Angeles specifically where our state, county and local officials have taken this seriously from the start.

Yes, mitigation, mitigation, mitigation.

xicanachick 04-20-2020 07:41 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
A month in and still at home. Virtual happy hour dates have been keeping me sane!

How are you adjusting?

ImmortalX 04-22-2020 02:45 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
The city i'm currently living is planning on re-opening which isn't the smartest thing to do. I'm gonna start pushing people if they don't keep 6ft away. Come to think of it we're gonna end up 6ft in the ground now.


Fuckers!


:'(

xicanachick 04-23-2020 02:26 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalX (Post 1513294)
The city i'm currently living is planning on re-opening which isn't the smartest thing to do. I'm gonna start pushing people if they don't keep 6ft away. Come to think of it we're gonna end up 6ft in the ground now.


Fuckers!


:'(

That really sucks! I've been doing that even now. Straight up telling people to step back. Or if they won't, I'll move sideways from where I am until I am six feet away from others on a diagonal. Some people just don't care :(

ImmortalX 04-25-2020 05:36 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xicanachick (Post 1513296)
That really sucks! I've been doing that even now. Straight up telling people to step back. Or if they won't, I'll move sideways from where I am until I am six feet away from others on a diagonal. Some people just don't care :(


Mask and Gloves wont help people with no common sense.

xicanachick 04-28-2020 01:46 AM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalX (Post 1513301)
Mask and Gloves wont help people with no common sense.

If only!

93FLEETWOOD 07-21-2020 10:52 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Well, my whole household & me had caught it late June into July. And we're begining to hear about more people we actually know(friends & family) also get it. And sadly some hospitalizations and 1 death.
This thing is real, it sucks that people think this isn't and or don't care(People will always be selfish and we'll dumb..ie quarantine parties, 5G network tracking vaccine).

LatinKing 12-07-2020 10:09 AM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Aside from the horrible fact that this virus is killing people, I am enjoying being stuck indoors.

oOKlumZieOo 12-18-2020 09:51 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
I am so ready for this to be OVER! I wonder if in 10 years when our kids ask us about it if we are going to start twitching just remembering this crap.

ImmortalX 03-15-2021 09:50 AM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oOKlumZieOo (Post 1513350)
I am so ready for this to be OVER! I wonder if in 10 years when our kids ask us about it if we are going to start twitching just remembering this crap.

Many extroverts developed PTSD over the whole pandemic.

93FLEETWOOD 04-11-2021 08:16 PM

Re: The Coronavirus Covid-19
 
Just got vaccinated (kinda felt like a dog, you know like how they're supposed to be vaccinated for rabies, registered and all). I got the Johnson and Johnson one so we see how that goes. Woof woof, bark bark....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.