Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Cooking, Food, Drinks (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What's for dinner?? (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=35904)

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 04:43 PM

On Tonights Menu...

...I'm gonna hook up some

Pork Chops with a chile sauce,
some rice pilaf (I'll add some chopped almonds and finely diced jalapenos to that)
y como siempre my dish has to have frijoles (pintos since I don't have frijoles negros) con queso.... :chef:
and I'll wash it down with a Dr. Pepper!

Just thought I'd let you all know what I'll be making for dinner :lol:

LaMuchachitaTuya 01-04-2006 04:57 PM

:evil: thats mean ...especially since i cant keep anything down rite now .... i got the flu bad ...que malo eres! im craving italian food ....mmmmm =)~

sxy_mexicana 01-04-2006 05:01 PM

THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS!! :wink:

HOPE U SAFE SOME FOR US!!!

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salsita
:evil: thats mean ...especially since i cant keep anything down rite now .... i got the flu bad ...que malo eres! im craving italian food ....mmmmm =)~

Sorry to hear that you've got the flu. if I was out that way I'd make you a caldo or something.

SDx 01-04-2006 05:23 PM

what sux about the flu is that (atleast for me)...all the taste goes. Once your nose gets stuffy....nada....might as well be eating hot cardboard.

thats why its the best time to eat vegetables n shit si no te gusta...cuz you can't take it.

Docta Flores' Prescribes:
4 Shots Tequila
and
1 good night of sleep :D

ajuuua!

LaMuchachitaTuya 01-04-2006 05:24 PM

aaaaww thanks chef ...that would be so good .... i wish you were ... yummmy caldo =)~

sxy_mexicana 01-04-2006 05:38 PM

HOPE U FEEL BETTER AND GET WELL SOON!!!!SDXicano85

Sweet_Temperz 01-04-2006 07:50 PM

Dammit Man!!!

I'm On A DIET Aztec!!

Ur Making Me SOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY And I'm NOT Suppossed to Eat Rite Now :( :x :tongue:

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojitos619
all perfect but you killed it with the Dr. Pepper.

What you talkin about?...Dr. Pepper goes good with any meal :)

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 10:34 PM

Dr. Pepper isn't nasty your taste buds are probably just confused... :lol:

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 10:48 PM

Did you have a bad experience with it?

KoolArrow 01-04-2006 10:51 PM

Aztec,

Do you have a good recipe for a carne asada marinade?

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 11:22 PM

KOOLARROW...
you can purchase some carne asada seasoning at your local mercado pero si no encuentras here you go...

1 lemon
2 oranges
1 tbsp. oregano
1 onion
1 tsp. seasoning salt

Bueno depending on how much carne you gonna marinade, this is good for about 2lbs of meat.

Mix the carne with the seasoning salt, oregano, juice of 1/2 lemon, juice of 1 1/2 oranges. slice the onion and mix. cut the lemon and orange into slices and add. let this marinate for about 4-6 hours 12 is best.

try it out si no te sale bien, well you did something wrong :) puro pedo this is what I use. If you buy meat the best one to get is the Ranchera cut con esto sale bueno.

CAUTION: if you buy less meat, be careful on how much lemon you use, porque the acid will cook the meat before you do. as for everything else nomas echale beer...you know how we do it :wink:

KoolArrow 01-04-2006 11:28 PM

gracias 8)

Dee 01-04-2006 11:33 PM

Aztec Chef would you recommend that I use flank steak? That's the closest thing I find out here but it's too thick. Is there anything els I could use?

El Cocinero 01-04-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiSS_DEE
Aztec Chef would you recommend that I use flank steak? That's the closest thing I find out here but it's too thick. Is there anything els I could use?

You can try to look and see if they have "bottom round" pero si no Flank is cool, just fillet it thinner.

Bottom Round is usally sold in bulk, no se si lo vende aya mismo. I usually buy it and cut it myself.

They way I showed mi jefita to cut steak thinner is, lay the meat on a cutting board or any flat surface (Caution: be sure it is level) place your hand on top of the steak and gently slice in the middle with a knife. you can repeat it as necessary till you get the cut you desire.

KoolArrow 01-05-2006 12:10 AM

When my neice was a baby, we introduced her to Coke and would therefore always ask for it.

My sister didnt want her baby to be drinking soda on a regular basis so we fooled my niece by diluting some prune juice with water.

MrPinche 01-05-2006 12:17 AM

damn aztec that sounds good right about now... i ate a late lunch and im regretting it right about now... i wanna eat but its too late...

Dee 01-05-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitude1977
you don't like carbonated prune juice ? :o :wink:

Wow solitude's here!
Is that what it is? I never looked at the nutrition facts. :scratch:

Dee 01-05-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiSS_DEE
Quote:

you don't like carbonated prune juice ? :o :wink:

Wow solitude's here!
Is that what it is? I never looked at the nutrition facts. :scratch:

Ain't no nutrition in soda....lol
:lol:

I'm not here.... I'm THERE :)

It still lists the nutrition facts silly.

luminousphoenix 01-05-2006 08:10 AM

yummy! this is making me hungry. :P

Now I gotta figure out what I want to eat for dinner tonight.

KaryLaPrincesa 01-05-2006 08:23 AM

mmmm that sounded good Aztec_Chef!!! rice pilaf con almonds? sounds interesting!! are you married or you have a lady? cuz you sure can make a girl happy by cooking for her.. and mainly taking over in preparing the dinner..

do you know how i can prepare the alfredo sauce from scratch?

El Cocinero 01-05-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaryLaPrincesa
mmmm that sounded good Aztec_Chef!!! rice pilaf con almonds? sounds interesting!! are you married or you have a lady? cuz you sure can make a girl happy by cooking for her.. and mainly taking over in preparing the dinner..

do you know how i can prepare the alfredo sauce from scratch?

Actually, no I'm not married...I'm not ready for that committment.

As for the Alfredo Suace...I usually buy the packets at the store, pero if I have to prepare one a.s.a.p. here is what I use...

1 cup of milk
1 tsp Butter
1/4 tsp. of corn starch
salt and pepper

In a suace pan add milk and butter. on medium heat bring the milk and butter to a simmer constantly stirring. (BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCORCH THE MILK it burns easily)
when it begins to simmer, add the corn starch and stir with a wire whisk. add salt and pepper to taste.

NOTE: If your sauce is to thin, add a lil more corn starch. If it's to thick add milk.

CAUTION: Never leave boiling milk unattended, it can make a big ole mess, and you'll spend more time cleaning than cooking.

KaryLaPrincesa 01-05-2006 01:57 PM

hmmm ok.. I know corn starch is Maizena.. but simmer is what?? before boiling point??? *wonders*

El Cocinero 01-05-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaryLaPrincesa
hmmm ok.. I know corn starch is Maizena.. but simmer is what?? before boiling point??? *wonders*

simon' when it begins to boil slowly....remember keep stirring eh, that way the milk don't foam up...you don't wont the liqiud to boil over on the stove....then you'll probably be mad at me :)