Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Cooking, Food, Drinks (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   The Official Pupusas Thread (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=40972)

El Californio 05-13-2008 02:46 PM

The Official Pupusas Thread
 
I love those damn things but I have no idea how to make them. I tried the last time I made sopes but they didn't come out right.

Does anybody out in SoyLand know how to make them?

Any recipies??

MuchoMuyKrazy 05-13-2008 03:10 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
i got a friend that makes them

MMMMMMM they are yummy

i don't know how to make them but i would be delighted to go and learn w/you :mrgreen:..

that is if you don't mind small hands :lol:

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:11 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
^^Midget pupusas?

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:12 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
umm you just get masa then put w/e you want cheese or beans then you fold it into a ball nd there you go you put them to on the stove or w/e
its easy...kinda

MuchoMuyKrazy 05-13-2008 03:14 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905135)
^^Midget pupusas?

there ya go :mrgreen:

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:14 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9907creo (Post 905136)
umm you just get masa then put w/e you want cheese or beans then you fold it into a ball nd there you go you put them to on the stove or w/e
its easy...kinda

But I've heard that the masa is prepared differently than it is for sopes and tortillas.

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:15 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905140)
But I've heard that the masa is prepared differently than it is for sopes and tortillas.

ya i think you have to put some oil or something...
this lady once made them for me
omg they were delicious!.

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:17 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9907creo (Post 905141)
ya i think you have to put some oil or something...
this lady once made them for me
omg they were delicious!.

That's it! Do you remember what kind of oil and how much?

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:19 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
lol.
umm i think just regular kind maybe like the corn oil or something
cuz theres ones for salad nd theres ones for food...
nd im pretty sure its the food one...
i think just a lil...

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:24 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Duh! I know it's not motor oil! Yeah, corn is probably it. I'll try it & let y'all know.

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:25 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905155)
Duh! I know it's not motor oil! Yeah, corn is probably it. I'll try it & let y'all know.


Lol.
well hey there is a whole bunch of oils. gosh.
if knew how to cook then you would know that!.
kk
if they are good ay me trais some!!!.
nd they better not be burnt.
nd be careful dont burn urself.

MuchoMuyKrazy 05-13-2008 03:26 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
oooh did someone say oil?????

i really wanna help w/my stubby lil fingers :lol:

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:27 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Sure thing. I'll be on the 1st flight to Florida. Wait a minute (thinking outloud) Btownmami is in Florida too...:twisted:

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:31 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905159)
Sure thing. I'll be on the 1st flight to Florida. Wait a minute (thinking outloud) Btownmami is in Florida too...:twisted:



mhmmm...
nd you gotta make some here too.
cuz i want them fresh nd really hott they are better like that
is that a good thing or bad??

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:33 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9907creo (Post 905161)
mhmmm...
nd you gotta make some here too.
cuz i want them fresh nd really hott they are better like that
is that a good thing or bad??

That depends, how old are you? :p

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905164)
That depends, how old are you? :p

i think too young for you...
im pretty sure

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:36 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9907creo (Post 905166)
i think too young for you...
im pretty sure

Hit me up when you're 18, then I'll give you all the pupusas you want ;)

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905169)
Hit me up when you're 18, then I'll give you all the pupusas you want ;)

lol.
ya...
i will...
but by then you should be an expert...at them..
so i expect them to be really really good!

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:38 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9907creo (Post 905171)
lol.
ya...
i will...
but by then you should be an expert...at them..
so i expect them to be really really good!

Trust me, they will be :mrgreen:

...we are still talking about food, right? :p

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:39 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905173)
Trust me, they will be :mrgreen:

...we are still talking about food, right? :p

okie dokie..

and ya we are...
atleast i am...
yep im pretty sure i am...
but idk bout you

El Californio 05-13-2008 03:40 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Of course :mrgreen:

9907creo 05-13-2008 03:42 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905176)
Of course :mrgreen:

hahaha.
sure...

El Cocinero 05-13-2008 04:43 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Californio (Post 905118)
I love those damn things but I have no idea how to make them. I tried the last time I made sopes but they didn't come out right.

Does anybody out in SoyLand know how to make them?

Any recipies??

you were on the right track hermano....Pupusas are a lil bigger than sopes though.

I don't have a recipe for them pero, here's one I stumbled on...I just may try this myself.

Dish from El Salvador

4 c. masa harina
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp. shortening (not liquid oil)
1 1/2 c. warm water (approximately)
1/2 lb. shredded Muenster cheese

Combine dry ingredients, cut shortening into dry ingredients with pastry blender; add warm water a few drops at a time and work dough with hands until manageable. Knead dough 15-20 times then allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Form dough into balls the size of an egg; roll out one at a time until they are 6 inches in diameter. Add some of the cheese on top then put another layer of the tortilla. Place on a hot ungreased skillet (one at a time). Cook 2 minutes on each side until done. Serve with cabbage and shredded carrots on top.

http://www.internationalrecipes.net/...s/view.pl?3579

Trucha 05-13-2008 04:57 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
well, i'm salvi, so...

do you like them with chicharron, cheese, frijoles, or what?

FreedomNow 05-13-2008 05:00 PM

Re: Pupusas
 
lol @ cabbage and shredded carrots...


it's called curtido, pisados!

and i love pupusas, too... and that little tomato salsa them salvi's be making to go along with em... holy fucking shit...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.