Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Identity (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=15102)

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 12:19 AM

The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE

The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE...

TO LOOK WHITE!

"But I dye my hair blonde to look prettier..."

Prettier than what????? Prettier than Mexican?!

Chicanas dye their hair blonde because they know CHicanos prefer to date white girls (preferably blonde ones) and if they can't get a REAL WHITE GIRL, then they can at least setltle for a FAKE BLONDE and pretend she's an almost-white girl.

Selena: natural looks, glamorous, sexy, and successful.
She wasn't a bottle-blonde.
http://www.hornfischerliterarymanage...ges/selena.jpghttp://www.adelantesi.com/selena.jpg

#1 album on Billboard charts and
Texas named April 16 "Selena Day."

P1NkT3ArZ 11-25-2005 12:39 AM

:roll:

Sweet_Temperz 11-25-2005 12:41 AM

:lol: Umm It Dependz...There ARE Some That Probably Do It To Look White...If They're REALLY Light Complected... But There Are Some That Do It Cuz They Wanna Try Something Different :lol:

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Temperz
:lol: Umm It Dependz...There ARE Some That Probably Do It To Look White...If They're REALLY Light Complected... But There Are Some That Do It Cuz They Wanna Try Something Different :lol:

"Something different" from being Mexican....like WHITE???

I guess looking Mexican is not "good enough" then.

The only people in the world with natural blonde hair are Europeans (whites).
Funny how these Chicanas are not trying to kink their hair like Africans for "something different."

The only do the things that White women have naturally.

Sweet_Temperz 11-25-2005 12:51 AM

:lol: NO!

I Have 3...Yes THREE Friends Who Have Had Pitch Black Hair, Streaks, Highlights of ALL Different Colors and Blonde Hair

They Like Different Things... Blondes Dont Have Pitch Black Hair Nor Pink or Purple Streaks In Their Hair

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Temperz
Blondes Dont Have Pitch Black Hair Nor Pink or Purple Streaks In Their Hair

You hit the nail right on the head.

Blondes aren't rushing out to dye their hair black like Mexican women.

Blondes already represent the "ideal" standard.
They don't have to dye their hair.

Our people don't like their natural (Mexican) selves, otherwise we would prefer the darker hair over the White blonde look.

But saldy, the reality is that most Chicanos would jump at a real blonde white girl if given the chance, so they settle for fake blondes.

QMX 11-25-2005 12:59 AM

You know i was talking about somethins similar to a friend of mine.
How, while I do belive there are many genuine inter-racial relationships out there, I do belive that there are also many interracial couples thatl are the product of self-hate to a certain degree. While I belive there are others who just dont want to escape issues prominent to their particular community.
For instance there could be a Mexikan male and a white woman that initially get together because they have a lot in common like music,profession,beliefs,etc. but also because they might find themselves somewhat free from possible issues that would arise if they were to date a person of the same race.Whetehr it be a mexican with the same or a white with the same. I am aware of quite a few white women on the westsideLA that have no interest in dating other white men and dye their hair black.
Most women I know use highlights anyway, dont know of many that have full heads of fake blonde hair.

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quimichipilli
Most women I know use highlights anyway, dont know of many that have full heads of fake blonde hair.

Man, then come out to East L.A. or to areas like El Sereno...

it's ALL OVER the place!

You'd think there was a daily Fake Blonde Convention going on over here... :evil:

It's sad to see our people so in love with the white look and rejecting their natural look.

QMX 11-25-2005 01:05 AM

Quote:

Funny how these Chicanas are not trying to kink their hair like Africans for "something different."
Im not sure where u live, but yes they do... cornrolls and rasta style dreads.

Matter of fact I see alot whites trying to dread or cornroll too.

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quimichipilli
Quote:

Im not sure where u live, but yes they do... cornrolls and rasta style dreads.

Matter of fact I see alot whites trying to dread or cornroll too.

I live over in the Highland Park area
and I see WAY more chromed-over fake blondes
than I ever see cornrolls.

In fact, I can't remember the last cornroll I saw here.

It's sad to see dark-skinned women with fake blonde hair
actually believing they fooling people that are real blondes.

It's sad on so many levels.

Guerita7290 11-25-2005 08:51 AM

Im with p1NKT3ArZ on this,,,,Wut r u talkin bout ____history?

:roll:

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 11:31 AM

Re: RE: fake blondes

Quote:

Originally Posted by citlalin
White blonde women can expect to be portrayed as being beautiful--among the privileges. White blondes are NEVER used is advertisements for seeking bankruptsy lawyers, seeking substance or spousal abuse help, or having bad credit. It's always darked haired and/or dark skinned people who are portrayed as needing those services/assistance.

That's a very good example. All this blonde mania is coming from the tv. It's very much also hitting our people in Spanish-language TV shows where you see Scandanavian-looking people speaking spanish and claiming they represent us.

I don't totally blame the women for trying to look more white.
They are doing it because they know our men will drool over a white blonde girl and unzip their zipper for that blondie the first chance they get.

(But since most of our guys can't get a REAL white girl, they will settle for a fake blonde Mexican, where they can at least PRETEND they are with a white girl.)

Sadly, I understand why they would want to look blonde like a white girl...just like you said Citlalin, they want to up their status.

MaYaN_SuN 11-25-2005 12:06 PM

Re: The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE

lol I don't know about that..

I think some might do it cause white girls have blonde hair, but I think most Mexi broads do it cause it looks good on some of em..

But seriously, the fuck is up with that and puerto rican women dyeing their hair red? lol..

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaYaN_SuN
but I think most Mexi broads do it cause it looks good on some of em..

TRANSLATION:

"Damn those white blonde girls look so much sexier than Mexican ladies.
I prefer it when Mexican ladies look like those sexier white girls.
White girls turn me on more than Mexicans."

MaYaN_SuN 11-25-2005 12:24 PM

lmfao..technically Mexican girls are the 'new white girls.'

But when it comes to a womens hair, there has to be thousands of different motives for why and what they do to it...Talkin about women's hair here, how many dumb ass girls did you see with pink hair after that singer 'pink' came out?

Mexi hoe dyes her hair blonde, she's doin it cause she prolly thinks it looks cuter or somthin, but I doubt theres any white girl motives behind it...There might be though, cause it's not like ima fuckin mind reader or anything. But white girls dye their hair fuckin purple, brown, black, they'll put some highlights in it etc etc..

Tryin to figure out why females dye their hair is like tryin to figure out the fuckin cosmos..

ChicanoStar 11-25-2005 12:29 PM

Of course its to look European. I'm really tired of all that shit though. People talk about brown pride, La Raza and Latino unity. That's all bs i've been discriminated more by my own "people" then whitey has ever.

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

lmfao..technically Mexican girls are the 'new white girls.'

They're trying to be. Cos thats the Mexican men drool over.

Quote:

Tryin to figure out why females dye their hair is like tryin to figure out the fuckin cosmos..

In this case, it's very simple:

they are dyeing their hair blonde bec thats what they see on tv as "sexy" and they know Chicano/Mexican men get hard-ons for blond white girls more than a natural Mexican.

So I can't totally blame them for wanting to look more like a white girl looks.

MaYaN_SuN 11-25-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

They're trying to be. Cos thats the Mexican men drool over
I don't know about that lol...Go to school campus's you'll see the Mexi hoes with white guys and black guys..

In the barrios Mexi hoes gettin trains ran on them by other Mexican foos and black foos lol..

Out east, those Puerto Rican homos are tossin Mexi hoes up like free government cheese..

Those middle aged white guys that are married to White women will cheat on there wifes with Mexi hoes, get there Mexi mistress pregnant and than leave the girl and the kid to be a bastard lol..

And just think about how many blaxicans and white'sicans are gonna be running around 20 years from now? lol Thats going to reflect on our reputation as people in this country...lol Thats some shit I personally can live without..

So the trick is to fuck Mexi hoes the same way everyone else does, but you marry a bish from Colombia or Venezuela or somthin. I know not all Mexican girls are like that lol but theres a shit load that are, so you gota think about what kind of culture your gonna put your child into, if you even end up havin kids..

KoolArrow 11-25-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Chicanas dye their hair blonde because they know CHicanos prefer to date white girls (preferably blonde ones) and if they can't get a REAL WHITE GIRL, then they can at least setltle for a FAKE BLONDE and pretend she's an almost-white girl.

hmmm. Chicanos prefer to date white girls?

Is this a fact? :roll:

I'm a Chicano and I dont prefer white girls or blondes.

Quote:

You will NEVER see a natural, white blonde woman waiting at a bus stop or riding a bus. I know because I've been using the bus for years and years and across multiple states/regions. Being blonde ups your rank in society--and trickles down to having more privileges--like not having to wait for a bus.

Seriously. Do you know how dumb this sounds?

You ride the bus IN YOUR CITY and you know that nowhere else in the continental U.S. is a blonde riding a bus?
You should get your head examined. Both you and the guy that started this thread.

YUMA 11-25-2005 04:57 PM

Lol @ this thread . Oh god :roll: . I actually liked you threads they where interesting but dude you killed it with this one. Im not gonna go into details Damian and Kool basically said what I had to say. Its the hair for god sakes , they want a diff. look . Thats how girls are , If you were one youd understand . :roll:

Veronica 11-25-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahuac_History
The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE...

TO LOOK WHITE!

"But I dye my hair blonde to look prettier..."

Prettier than what?????

Prettier than Mexican?!

that's a retarded statement, i'm sorry but i disagree, people dye thier hair for many reasons, i'm a hair dresser and people dye thier hair for thier own personal reasons, self expression, current trend, experimintation,you name it...
so if someone dye's thier hair red, they want to be a tomato?? blue? a smurf?? get real... times change , we are not i the 30's.. like i said retartded...i have men that are probably are more chicano than you and me combined, and they come in and i give them BLONDE hi-lites too.. big deal??

i mean who the hell cares anyway??

QMX 11-25-2005 06:40 PM

Over here on the westside of LA I see very few Chicanas w/ full out fake blonde doos. I see quite a few with either blonde,red,pink, or whatever highlights. Maybe in certain areas it might be a more visible problem but I do not see that here.

Like Anahuac said he lives in Hihgland Park. I havent been there for a minte but last time I was there no whites,blacks, or others in sight.IM sure Highland Park being a strong brown city could very well reflect a clue a trend happening in other Mexican/Brown commuites. Here on the Westside of LA , Mexicans still seem to be the majority but there is a gang of diversity in terms of nationalities. Like I said before,coming from my WestLA perpectivem, I do not notice many Chicanas w/ fake full blonde heads, but the ones I have come across are not very aware of their culture i.e. calling themselves hispanic, and the like.

In their majority when i speak to these full headed fake blondes I can sense a lot of insecurity in their Mexican/Browness so I would conclude that it is quite ofen a case of them trying to look white. Albeit I do not belive that to always be the case. I know some girls that have died their hair blue(usually streaks,not full out) just so they can match with all their blue wardrobe.

If anything I notice more girls trying to be more Black than anything, at least on this side.
But we can only judge so much, if at all, beacuse then all the judging and finger pointing turns out to be counterproductive. BUt I think many (mexicans) often assume that so and so is not proud to be mexican for whatever reason. There are some that say I am not a "real" Mexican cause I dont speak much Spanish and listen to Hip Hop. Little do they Im the deepest mother fucken Purepecha/Mexihka on this side of the city.

LA-Native 11-25-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Your wrong, i prefer latinas over any other race. I love my girls with brown or black hair. Preferably with black hair, asi me gusta y asi me calientan hahaha.

VeryVicalicious 11-25-2005 10:28 PM

I thought it was becuz blondes have more fun :roll: Or that they just wanted to be a pineapple head... :lol: :lol:

Anahuac_History 11-25-2005 11:01 PM

A fake blonde is just that = a FAKE BLONDE.

An imitation blonde.

A wannabe blonde.

No one is fooled that fake blonde Chicanas are TRUE blondes.

This post hurt some feelings because it is TRUE.

Why is it Chicanas overwhelmingly prefer to dye their hair blonde as opposed to purple or green?

Hmmm...because blonde "whitens you up"
and covers the shame of being your true self for all to see and appreciate.

This is what Europeans have done to our people:
they have installed this monstrous self-hate and psychological preference for blonde.

Look at what they have done to our people.